1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google multi tier ranking

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Letzride, Jan 12, 2020.

I am not sure if this is the right area for this or exactly how to post this question. I have a forum: www.camarov6.com that I would like displayed differently in googles results.

Right now if I type in the phrase: "V6 Camaro forums" A number of results pop up. My forum is ranked #4 on the 1st page.

But it shows like this:
    forum.JPG
    Ignore the last visit time - I am not sure why it shows that as I am on the forum daily.

I would like my forum to display like my competitors forum does, showing additional subforums like this:
    Competitor.JPG

How can I get this to happen? Is there a setting I am missing or something that I need to do on google?

Letzride, Jan 12, 2020 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Those additional links are called sitelinks, google decides those, you cannot update a setting to get those shown in results.

JEET, Jan 12, 2020 IP
  3. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, no direct control over that. Some believe you can help Google make their decisions by using Structured Data. Free plugins are available for Wordpress.

Oso Optimized, Jan 14, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  4. verocloud

verocloud Member

Best Answers:
    You are competing with the site, which has MOZ rank 61 (~1600 quality backlinks) while yours is 24 (20 quality backlinks)? These different threads in forum may have plenty of backlinks, so they are separated in search results. Search engine decides how to display them, but that decision is based on objective factors.

verocloud, Jan 14, 2020 IP