1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adf.ly & x19 Limited is a Scam, Steal My Money, WARNING!

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by MBryRD, Sep 13, 2013.

?

Adf.ly is

1. Scam

88.9%
  2. Steal

55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hello mates,

Please not buy none, not use Adfly, this business or website is a Scam, very steal!!!!

I pay 50 USD. For Web Site Hosting Clear. And i waiting 2 week and the adf.ly not active my Campaign none. Send 5 tickets, in the 2 week's not reply, none!!!

I register a forum account on http://forum.adf.ly/

And to send a claim.

Telling the simple truth.

And provide proof.

banned:

Information
    You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

For no reason....

I have also seen that the issues & posts.

They have been edited and my user appears as if ubiera never been banned. But to get to my account from another IP. Your account was permanently banned.

Adfly is a complete scam, beware of this company!

x19 LimitedPP-002-594-980-171No recepciĆ³n
    Controversia
    -$50.00 USD13/09/2013Abierta13/09/2013Ver

Done, i send a paypal dispute. :)

MBryRD, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  2. tariq1654

tariq1654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its work fine for me.

tariq1654, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  3. TrafficTOM

TrafficTOM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally, they actually work fine for me. Adfly take their sweet time to response, but at least have good result and better understanding.

TrafficTOM, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  4. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hate ignorant behavior you described. Ignorance and ban. thanks for sharing your review.

postcd, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  5. monkeye

monkeye Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend adf.ly for other reasons too, I close immediately any website that makes me wait in front of an adf.ly advert.

monkeye, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  6. adfly

adfly Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you were ignored by us - it will be because you have previously had an account at AdF.ly that was terminated for abuse.

It is a violation of our Terms and Conditions to have multiple accounts.

Do you really think we have been in business for 4.5 years just to steal $50 off you?

We ignore accounts that have previously abused our service.

If you would like to contact us with a link to this thread, I will personally ensure you receive the exact reason your account(s) were terminated.

Please remember everyone, there can be two sides to a story on a public forum and there normally is.

adfly, Oct 2, 2013 IP
  7. Bakalinge

Bakalinge Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I agree 100%, Adf.ly steals people !

99.9 % of my short links were ok, and 0,1% were linking to adult content (we are talking about hundred of thousands of links that were auto generated, hard to verify one by one). Due to "a violation of their T&C", they closed the account and kept the money. for themselves, without advance notice.

So Yes, Adf.ly steals people, and that's why they are in business for 4.5 years. If they would have to pay people, they would fail....

Stay away, it's a scam

Bakalinge, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  8. specialthings

specialthings Member

Best Answers:
    ADF.LY Scam
    LOL

specialthings, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  9. Chris Easton

Chris Easton Peon

Best Answers:
    Never had a problem with ADF.LY.

Chris Easton, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  10. adfly

adfly Active Member

Best Answers:
    Out of our 3.5 million users, very few have had a problem with our service.

It's incredibly simple - if you violate our terms and conditions (e.g. linking to adult content) then you will be banned without notice.

If we gave notice before banning accounts then everyone would break our terms until they were caught once. This would destroy AdFly over night.

adfly, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  11. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you decide to come back after 2 years and bump a thread that was posted 2 years ago.
    What a way to run a business.

lukey372, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  12. shehacash

shehacash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    adfly neaver scam man

shehacash, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  13. donsr

donsr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adfly honestly payed me well they are not scam if scam then why they send me dollars to my account

donsr, Jul 20, 2019 IP
  14. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are not scam. I never had issue with them. What is surprising of adf.ly is you can refund your money instantly. That means there is no waiting. You click refund and boom it is in your Paypal acct. But I was not successful advertising on their network.

dess71, Jul 30, 2019 IP
  15. TheParadox91

TheParadox91 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it's not scamming

[​IMG]

TheParadox91, Jul 30, 2019 IP
  16. ShortGuyzRule

ShortGuyzRule Active Member

Best Answers:
    Although I agree that Adf.ly isn't necessarilly a "scam" in the traditional sense, as in no they aren't just blatantly stealing money from all of their advertisers - they are opportunistic (I totally believe what@bakalinge said, even though he's a noob - only bc I've seen other networks do similar things to publishers) - and they're definitely guilty of operating an incredibly shitty spammy service that benefits nobody (Advertisers are wasting money on people who are looking at a timer and not at all at their page/ad, publishers are showing ads 2, 3, 5x or even 10x per unique depending on their site (and advertisers are paying for 2,3,5 or even 10 views) yet publishers only get paid for 1 per unique, Adf.ly pockets the rest (morally questionable but most ad networks pull that crap) - HOWEVER Their most recent antics are DEFINITELY scammy and it has zero to do with money actually... IN ADDITION to clicking the "skip" button after 5 seconds, they are also - get this - REQUIRING the visitor to "Accept" push notifications through their browser (saved on their system for them to push ads at them whenever htey want - all the time) - they actually make it IMPOSSIBLE to get past the screen without "accepting" the push notifications (hitting "block" makes the skip button disappear and you're stuck on the ad page) and they go as far as to DISABLE THE "Back" BUTTON on the browser (tactics that would get you banned from most ad networks in a second - but they are their own network so they can be as slimy as they want)

So the end user gets an even worse experience than before (who knew that was possible?),The publishers are probably making less off legitimate traffic because a large number of their visitors who would definitely have pressed the skip button and completed the captcha will likely just close out the browser tab and not click on that link again after they are given the Adfly Push Notification Acceptance Ultimatum

I'd be willing to bet the advertisers paying for the interstitials/banners are unaware that their brand is being associated with this (even worse) experience, and obviously the publishers are losing money, and even if they weren't (which connon sense says they are) They're probably not getting a cut of the Push Ads revenue either.....

Outright scam in the traditional sense? No .

Morally reprehensible? - Yes

Devoid of business ethics? - Perhaps

Opportunistic and greedy? - Oh Yes

Knowingly peddling a shitty sham of a "service" or "ad network" (laughable) that benefits quite literally NOONE but themselves? - Without a doubt

A Complete Nuisance to the Global Online Community At Large? - Abso F**king Lutely

So there you have it...

ShortGuyzRule, Sep 8, 2019 IP
  17. adfly

adfly Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are more than entitled to your opinion but I do have to correct a couple of things here which are simply false.

"Advertisers are wasting money on people who are looking at a timer and not at all at their page/ad"

We have advertising clients that have been with us for more than 8 years, spending 6 figures, purchasing traffic every single day. Either they are getting results they want or maybe they just haven't noticed yet..

"publishers are showing ads 2, 3, 5x or even 10x per unique depending on their site (and advertisers are paying for 2,3,5 or even 10 views) yet publishers only get paid for 1 per unique"

Not true - publishers get paid paid for up to 6 adverts viewed per unique and after that a non paying advert is display (our homepage) that also contains the publisher's referral code automatically in case anyone signs up from it, publisher benefits.

The push ad locker, this is completely optional for the publisher, it can be turned on or off. If turned off, the user experience is identical to before, so we leave it up to the publisher to decide.

"and obviously the publishers are losing money, and even if they weren't (which connon sense says they are) They're probably not getting a cut of the Push Ads revenue either....."

Not true - of course the publishers get a cut, it's all broken down in the publisher stats. Most publishers earn more through push ads than the standard interstitial / pops.

adfly, Jan 11, 2020 IP
  18. ShortGuyzRule

ShortGuyzRule Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your own TOS and every single statements on this subject from adfly staff members on this forum as well as others has specifically stated that you only get paid for the first ad view per unique visitor. Either everybody else who works for your company and this answered any thread in any major forum is lying or you are.

I believe you do have customers out there who have been buying traffic from you for years, that for what purpose? To inflate the stats of sites they build to achieve a particular business goal? I was believed that, but there is absolutely no way that your traffic converts and I do not believe for one second that anybody actually buys that consistently for that purpose.

Furthermore, if people who would otherwise had simply waited their 5 seconds and clicked the skip button and we're regular visitors to a publisher's site and therefore repeatedly generated revenue for that publisher suddenly becomes put off by your ridiculously greedy antics and is no longer willing to click on your links, is that publisher not losing money? What other conclusion would there be?

ShortGuyzRule, Jan 16, 2020 IP
  19. adfly

adfly Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just read our TOS again (it's been a while!) and no, I cannot locate anywhere that states publishers will only be paid for the 1st view from a unique visitor.

The only mention of this topic is:

Visitor Criteria - You will be paid for a visitor that clicks on an AdF.ly link or views a website containing the Website Entry Script, providing they meet the following criteria:
    1. Must view a paying advertisement, this is any advert other than the default AdF.ly website.
    2. Must view the paying advertisement for at least 5 seconds.
    3. Must have JavaScript and Cookies enabled.
    ---

which doesn't actually state how many views are paid, only that they will be paid if the user see's a paying advert. Which is completely true.

From our own Knowledge Base it states 5 views can be counted (it has been increased to 6 since that was written).

Well.. you've obviously already made up your mind about this. It's amazing what can be done when you think outside the box, our oldest and largest advertiser account does exactly this - they purchase our traffic for conversions. Simple as that. Same product and same conversion goals for 10 years.

I would actually agree with this and that's why not all of our publishers have the push ads enabled, it's about 50%. It's their choice depending on their audience.

Look, I can appreciate you are not the biggest fan of AdFly and that's fine but spreading misinformation and your own incorrect assumptions as fact, I have to respond to.

adfly, Jan 16, 2020 IP