1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do I have a chance with my business idea

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Affltr, Jan 10, 2020.

Hi,

I have around five years of experience of affiliate marketing. I have tried many things, but I haven't driven traffic and decided to kill all of the campaigns. Now I have one website online and I am founding two more.

One idea is to make WordPress theme reviews. It has very high competition, but I would use paid ads rather than SEO.

What do you say, do I have a chance to succeed with it?
    Thanks!

Affltr, Jan 10, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you written up a business plan?
    Assessed your strengths
    Your competition is very well established but you may have the skills and reputation to overcome that. Apart from your experiences as an affiliate marketer what do you bring to the table that would make a stranger think "wow, this site is something special!"?

sarahk, Jan 10, 2020 IP
    scu8a and jrbiz like this.
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A lot will depend on where you advertize.
    In your case, I don't think facebook or twitter etc will be of much use.
    But, forums like this one, and other hand picked websites where webmasters hang around, those will prove to be more profitable.

Also, I am not sure how you plan to make money with a review wp theme website.
    People will not be buying themes from you, but from other theme developers.
    At the max you can put some ads on your website, some affiliate links.

Not sure if this will cover the expenses of your "paid advertising traffic" campaign.

To make things worse for you, people do not visit review websites again and again.
    Once someone has picked a theme, they will stop coming to your website.
    I don't remember the last time I was at a "review website..."
    The core business itself is very shaky.

JEET, Jan 10, 2020 IP
    scu8a, JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    When I am looking for a new Wordpress (or any other) website theme or template, I look at the site, itself and decide if its layout, graphics, design, etc., will suit my specific website's needs. What exactly would you be reviewing that I could not see by looking at the seller's overview? I am having trouble understanding why I would go to a review site like you are proposing instead of just looking at the theme directly?

jrbiz, Jan 11, 2020 IP
    sarahk, JEET and JoeSpirit like this.
  5. ivan84m

ivan84m Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think selling Wordpress themes through paid ads is a good idea. There're many great themes out there that are free. Plus, paid ads can be costly. My recommendation is that you sell something that is not just helpful, but needed as soon as possible by many people.

ivan84m, Jan 11, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  6. Affltr

Affltr Active Member

Best Answers:
    >My plan is simple. I make affiliate site for ThemeForest themes. I use paid ads to get traffic as SEO is too competitive.

Affltr, Jan 12, 2020 IP
  7. verocloud

verocloud Member

Best Answers:
    As others have said, I think there are better ideas. Simple things tend to become complex, when it comes to making money is this industry for individuals. You would also need very good understanding about web design and web programming. At some point, site with huge amount of Wordpress theme reviews would be cool, but that would take enormous manpower to accomplish such project.

verocloud, Jan 12, 2020 IP
  8. tbar

tbar Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly, you can do whatever you put your mind to. If you believe that it will work and you put in the effort then it will happen.

With that being said, Wordpress review websites are every where. And I use them from time to time. But to be honest they lack in real information. I'm a techy person. There are certain things that I look for when I'm looking for a theme, and functionality is one. Now, even though the Wordpress theme review "industry" Is pretty competitive, I still believe there is room for improvement;and that is where YOU come in.

Don't reinvent the wheel, just make it roll smoother. I would have a better understanding on how functional a theme is if I actually seen someone install it in real time. So you could actually do theme video reviews. I think you would have a better response from your visitors.

I can't say which form of traffic you should use because that would mean I did some homework.BUT having someone build out a SMM account where you can display website themes might be a good source of traffic.Just a thought

tbar, Jan 14, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. Affltr

Affltr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not a bad idea. The problem is that it's expensive to buy the theme, domains etc.

Affltr, Jan 15, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You can use the domain you'll be using for your business - just create a subdomain for your testing.

Themes often have a free and premium version. If it's any good the free version should be enough to convince you that the premium one is on track.

Last time I looked themes cost about the same amount as I charge for an hour, maybe two if it's really niche. Blowing a few dollars on a handful of purchased themes that you don't use will always be cheaper than a bespoke theme. A bespoke theme will have cleaner html and more focussed functions. You just need to look at your budget. I'm guessing if you're quibbling over the cost of a domain name that your budget is non-existent.

sarahk, Jan 15, 2020 IP
    JEET and jrbiz like this.
  11. Todman2112

Todman2112 Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to "dominate" a niche or subniche prepare some good content first on that site, create good landpages with good conversion and step by step you will have conversion.

Todman2112, Jan 16, 2020 IP
  12. S Mukherjee

S Mukherjee Member

Best Answers:
    Quality of content with quantity of quality contents is the last word for attracting traffic and having their repeat visits. There is no more secrets for success in any online business.

AD may drive tons of traffic, if it's done very professionally, but cannot make visitors visit your site again and again, if they cannot find helping contents.

AD has that limitation.

Traffic has only one question - what is in it (site and site's contents) for me?

If your contents cannot answer that question satisfactorily they won't take time to leave and forget your site and ultimately you.

So, in short, if you think that ad will suffice to cover up your inability to cater quality contents, and quantity of them, and will make you money, my dear friend, you are making yourself fool.

AD may bring a hike in visits, but cannot build trust. Contents build trust.

It's the basic of online marketing, which most newbie marketers try to overlook and fail.

If you follow this basic you can leave your competition far behind in any niche.

The last word, Profit, comes from the selection of niche.

And as I know, theme review isn't at all a money making niche, if adsense or anything like that, isn't your means of monetization. Selling a theme as an affiliate isn't a good idea.

S Mukherjee, Jan 16, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. Todman2112

Todman2112 Member

Best Answers:
    I will give one example. We have a client, who did in 6 months, 50M in revenue. Not affiliate that's true, but manufacturing. 1M active clients.
    So, twist it good. There are many niches with good deals around. You need some good initiatives and you will have results.

Todman2112, Jan 17, 2020 IP
  14. gorrior

gorrior Member

Best Answers:
    For sure, you can always give it a try, in case it doesn't work out just quit and try something else.

gorrior, Jan 17, 2020 IP
  15. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WordPress themes can be properly reviewed through efficient usage and need to be communicated to the targeted audiences properly. Paid ads are bound to get you the attention of your audiences and can prove to be a good marketing resource but you also need to gain organic traffic through review blogs, social media posts, guest posting and more. The idea is great and needs to reach the right kind of audience through suitable means.

Sam Sabir, Mar 6, 2020 IP
  16. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would stick to one project at a time. Multiple projects will only cause you to spread yourself out too thin.

How much will you earn per sale/commission on a Wordpress theme transaction? What is your income goal per month? You said you wanted to know if this is a good idea, but how much money are you looking to make and what forms of marketing are you considering?

Randall Magwood, Mar 25, 2020 IP
  17. ZoyaHall

ZoyaHall Peon

Best Answers:
    You must understand with whom and for what you are competing. Try to find out everything in this direction.
    I advise you to make quality content, it should be at the highest level.
    The design of your sites is very important.
    Analyze all the information.
    I think there are chances, the main thing is the right approach.

ZoyaHall, Apr 10, 2020 IP