1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The polite request for feedback

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Pawel Wolniak, Jan 9, 2020.

?

What should be changed

Poll closed Feb 8, 2020.
  1. design

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ux

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ui

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. something else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Dear Users,

I hope all of you are doing well,

I would like to approach you with the polite request of sending me feedback about my web design portfolio. Would be extremely grateful for any advice regarding the already existing website. The goal is to maximize the UX performance and make the website pleasant for the users.

Thanks in advance
    Pawel

Pawel Wolniak, Jan 9, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What's your website?

qwikad.com, Jan 9, 2020 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sadly they're so new a poster, they're not allowed to post links yet.

deathshadow, Jan 9, 2020 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, if I'm doxxing you correctly :D then do you mean webdesignconqueror dot co dot uk? If so, you've got problems.

Like the massive space wasting goofy scripted animated GARBAGE hiding anything remotely resembling content and making it unclear the page should even be scrolled down, illegible undersized fixed metric fonts in the menu (though I'm trying to figure out where that's getting screwed back to PX since you SEEM to be using EM... lemme guess, bootcrap?), painfully slow page-load, and of course the broken form in the footer where you apparently were never told that placeholder is not a freaking label!

Under the hood it's the typical train wreck of "Eye cans haz teh intarwebs" of the 3i of web development (ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude) one can expect from the steaming pile of manure that is bootcrap. As I tell people ALL the time, go find a stick to scrape that off with. Between the "semantics, what's that" tag choices, endless pointless DIV for nothing, and derpy use of presentational classes, static style in the markup, static scripting in the markup, and endless pointless separate files for Christmas only knows what, one can hardly be shocked to see 41k of markup being used to deliver 7k of plaintext and not even a dozen content images -- not even 16k of HTML's flipping job.

Mix in the ridiculous 140k of CSS (that shouldn't even be 16k without bootstrap, oh yeah that was SO worth your using) and outright nutters 550k of scripttardery in 13 files... well...

Again it's what I've come to expect from the mental huffing midgetry that is bootcrap and how it saddles up people who don't know any better and takes them for a ride thanks to propaganda, bald faced lies, and the scam-artistry that's slowly destroying our industry.

Assuming I even have the correct website.

deathshadow, Jan 9, 2020 IP
    Saputnik likes this.
  5. Pawel Wolniak

Pawel Wolniak Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a sharp critique but I appreciate that more than "everything is alright, looks good" your comment helps me to learn and improve the performance. Thanks a ton for your time and effort taken for write this message.
    Regards,
    Pawel

Pawel Wolniak, Jan 9, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  6. gpyong

gpyong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's best to monitor a real-world user behaviour instead of asking a manual UX review. I have created a UX platform to track website user behaviour called "UX Sniff". You can create a free account there.

gpyong, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a link to your website:
    http://webdesignconqueror.co.uk/

Is this a one-page website or something like that?
    I asked because every "website designer" link I clicked, I kept coming back to the above URL only...
    I got a popup warning on some other link. I think stackoverflow, or one of those.

I appreciate your effort in the design, can very well see that you have put a lot of hard work into it, but there are issues you need to pay attention to.
    Like that header animation banner, it might look appealing, but its not providing anything useful to your visitor.
    They will have to scroll past it before they can see anything useful.
    And its a full screen animation...
    If you want to use that, move it somewhere down on the page, while keeping important content on top.

Your contact form is way down on the page. so before anyone can send you an email, they will have go past your entire website, lots of scrolling down...

Also fix those other html symantics issues which @deathshadow mentioned.

Move your actual portfolio higher on the page.

JEET, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  8. Pawel Wolniak

Pawel Wolniak Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for advice JEET - I'll bear in mind your suggestions and implement relevant changes according to your opinion. Currently, I am focused on SEO cause I realised that if website would not gather the visitors it's nonsense to develop it. Once I'll built backlinks and gain good place in rankings then I plan to focus on design.

Regards,
    Pawel

Pawel Wolniak, Jan 21, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Pawel, you are trying to rank for one of the most competitive set of keywords, and you are using a single page website for that... Look at some of the other websites which rank for similar keywords. I am sure they got over thousand pages indexed... Its very rare to see a small startup website ranking in google these days.

Also, I'd suggest that instead of focusing your efforts on google, focus your efforts on social websites.
    That could get you some quick traffic and business too.
    Google rankings might take years, might never happen, and even if happens, still there is no guarantee how long it will last...

JEET, Jan 21, 2020 IP
  10. Pawel Wolniak

Pawel Wolniak Peon

Best Answers:
    I understand what you mean. At the moment it's a one-page website(actually, it's not)but I plan to change it - anyway I agree, my website does not have many pages. However, I've got many content ideas. For now, I am focusing on backlinks, for 2 weeks I try to gather as many backlinks as possible in my spare time and noticed a significant change in ranking in terms of local keywords(from 40 to top10 some low volume phrases top1). Also, I am improving my programming skills to implement features which would allow me to gather even more backlinks and generate contentful and useful webpages but I can't share ideas across the audience.
    One more time thank you JEET for the fact that you took a part in the discussion - please bear in mind that "web design" keyword is not my main target. I'll focus on social media as well but I am afraid that my target audience is not focused on social media.

Pawel Wolniak, Jan 21, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.