1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Content Important?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by praetserge, Nov 29, 2019.

?

Is Content Important

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    97.8%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
    Do you think quality of content is important to rank?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    praetserge, Nov 29, 2019 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If no one visits a site because of crappy content, sooner or later the rank will collapse.

mmerlinn, Nov 29, 2019 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Yes and no. Some sites rank high yet they have below average content. Why? Because it's all done by AI that takes into account some 200+ factors before filing and then fetching a site. That's why it's laughable to me when some claim that all you need is backlinks (or good content or perfect html or...) to rank high. It takes all of it and then some.

qwikad.com, Nov 29, 2019 IP
    sarahk and JoeSpirit like this.
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand that many people consider the ranking of their sites to be the most important activity to spend time on - and it is very important when it comes to attracting organic traffic.

I don't particularly get concerned with ranking myself though.

The main thing I think about when I publish content is whether the content provides value to my visitors. I know that if they get little or nothing positive/productive from what I offer they won't be back any time soon and I want them coming back soon and often.

If I don't give them high-quality content I'll likely never see them again. So, yes, I think quality of content is very important. Just not necessarily for the purpose of ranking.

JoeSpirit, Nov 30, 2019 IP
  5. seoninja121

seoninja121 Member

Best Answers:
    Content is powerful in the manner of ranking, stability, visitors, branding and more. If you have a great business idea but not the right content then it will harm.

seoninja121, Dec 2, 2019 IP
  6. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its just not a yes or no question. What kinds of content are you asking about? If you are speaking directly about the quality of writing, search engines don't really have the ability to judge that - unless its very poor.

Oso Optimized, Dec 2, 2019 IP
  7. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lets tell you something .Google its made to deliver prople contents so search engines and people love content .So in my opinion content its not important ,its the most important thing you can do for seo

Spartan14, Dec 3, 2019 IP
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the quality content was used in proper approach to the target audience, we can say that information is really important because it reach the right users and benefits them in many ways.

KylieSweet, Dec 4, 2019 IP
  9. kikolani

kikolani Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on your website's goals. The quality of content doesn't matter if you're just trying to generate traffic and you don't care about user experience, leads, or sales. If you do care about those things, then you will want to have high-quality content.

kikolani, Dec 4, 2019 IP
  10. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What reason is there to generate traffic if you don't care about user experience, leads, or sales?

JoeSpirit, Dec 5, 2019 IP
  11. StatusCake Partners

StatusCake Partners Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Unique, good quality and original content yes, definitely important

StatusCake Partners, Dec 5, 2019 IP
  12. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In other words you condone STEALING bandwidth, STEALING visitor time, and so on.

mmerlinn, Dec 5, 2019 IP
  13. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes because if it's poor quality visitors will leave your page quickly. That tells Google your page isn't any good which can have impact on your rankings.

Furthermore other pages can outrank you (for low competitive long tail keywords) just because they have longer and better content. Length and quality matters.

jacksarlo, Dec 7, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  14. kikolani

kikolani Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sites that generate ad revenue based on impressions (traffic) rarely care about the quality of content.

kikolani, Dec 31, 2019 IP
  15. kikolani

kikolani Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't condone any of those things. But there are plenty of sites out there where the goal is purely traffic for ad impression revenue. Those sites don't rely on quality content for user experience, leads, or sales.

kikolani, Dec 31, 2019 IP
  16. Black Propeller

Black Propeller Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, quality content is a huge factor when it comes to SEO.

Black Propeller, Dec 31, 2019 IP
  17. hunnygee

hunnygee Active Member

Best Answers:
    content is king.
    but you have to think other options as well. google checks about 200 ranking factore ranging from onpage to offpage . where as bing gives more importance to links pls content.

hunnygee, Dec 31, 2019 IP
  18. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The 3-word headline says, "Is Content Important?" My answer: Is the pope a Catholic? Is there snow on Mt. Everest? Does a cow give milk?

Is content important for rank? (as the OP asks later in the text). Probably to some degree (maybe slight, maybe significant), but only Google, Bing, etc., really know.

I don't write my content with a view to rank. I write it to answer these questions: Will this content be written skillfully? Do I have expertise in the subject? And will my article offer info that is valuable to a segment of readers? If I can't say "yes" to those questions, I'm not going to add to the ocean of worthless garbage already on the internet.

Jim4767, Jan 1, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  19. gsquarewebtech

gsquarewebtech Peon

Best Answers:
    Content acts as a mirror of your website. It reflects the intention behind your purpose and defines you. Your blogs and articles will denote that you are a good writer, website content will show the purpose of why the website was even made.
    Content can speak in both formal and informal ways and the best way to reach SEO rankings via content is by targetting keywords and anchor text as per guidelines. This enables Search engines to fetch your information and if found relevant and quality then you have high chances of ranking well on the result page. That's why content is important to rank.

gsquarewebtech, Jan 2, 2020 IP
  20. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Keywords used to be the heart and soul of writing for the web. Nowadays the search engines are getting increasingly capable of discerning the meaning of content from the totality of the page, rather than only from a few often-repeated keywords (the old style of SEO). We certainly shouldn't ignore keywords or keyword research. But a well-written page will not be bound to outdated rules demanding "X" amount of keywords or ideas like "keyword density."

Write skillfully, use plenty of synonyms and related ideas rather than just repeating your main words, and the search engines will understand what your content is aiming at. Take a look at any great literature and read it. You'll not see mindless repetition of a few "key" words. No! You'll see exceptional capturing of ideas in a variety of phrases, sentences, etc.

One more thought and then I'll conclude this rant: proofread your written text out loud. How does it sound? What is its impact on you? I think I'm like most readers — if the first paragraph or two of text sounds "off," clumsy, or poorly written, it can be keyword-rich but I'll abandon that page in a heartbeat.

Jim4767, Jan 2, 2020 IP