1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTML or Wordpress?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Ken64, May 31, 2017.

?

Which method do you prefer?

1. HTML

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Wordpress

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    With such an extensive experience you pretend to have, you should have known that "html site" in non-strictly-technical vocabulary means "site without database", whereas WP is understood to work with database.

You obviously have hard time with WP, I can guess it's because WP allowed mere mortals to create website within hours, without having to learn to code or to hire a coder. You may ridicule WP, but remains the fact mentioned above that it powers 30% of the web nowadays; your useless and arrogant comments will not diminish it.

Saputnik, Dec 29, 2019 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since when does HTML have ANYTHING to do with whether a site is database powered or not? HTML is the CODE that the BROWSERS render into a webpage. Browsers do NOT care whether the HTML is database powered or not.

I definitely have a hard time with ANYTHING that slows the rendering engines of my browsers to a CRAWL. Turdpress code is so bloated that it takes TEN times longer to render than the equivalent raw HTML code. Turdpress uses TEN times the code needed, and since ALL of that code must be rendered by browsers, Turdpress takes TEN times longer to display a page. Anyone that thinks TEN times the code will render faster than a page with ONE TENTH the code is living in DREAMLAND.

Just because TP powers 30% of the internet does NOT mean it is the best. If you factor in that TP uses TEN times the code, then in REALITY TP only powers THREE PERCENT (3%) of the internet.

I used crappy site builders like TP (before TP was invented) for years trying to make websites. In the end, the ONLY way to make usable websites was to learn HTML. I finally came to the conclusion that I was wasting my time learning how to make site builders work AND needing to learn HTML to do it. WHY in hell should I learn how to use the site builder AND learn HTML, when all I really needed to learn was HTML? Makes NO sense learning DOUBLE or TRIPLE what is actually needed. Turdpress is no different, just a packaged turd with a different name. Turdpres MIGHT be OK for a one- or two-page website for grandma or the kids, but it is NOT any good for a REAL website.

mmerlinn, Dec 29, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking about doing some work in 'plain html', but the truth is updating content and management are a drag. Used this 15 years ago, but now I'd rather have my wordpress handle all this stuff.

dojodesign, Dec 29, 2019 IP
    tuxandrew and Saputnik like this.
  4. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's actually pretty generic answer to the original post of the thread. If you need a static site that will not be updated frequently, then 'plain html' will do the job and is better solution, in my opinion. If, however, you plan to update the site frequently, to add new content regularly, or to be able to change the complete layout in few mouse clicks, then wordpress (or another robust CMS) is the way to go.

Saputnik, Dec 29, 2019 IP
  5. tuxandrew

tuxandrew Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree , for making an interactive website on PHP with advanced features, then word press will be one of the good solutions to go.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    tuxandrew, Dec 29, 2019 IP
  6. thedge77

thedge77 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I see fewer advantages to HTML these days. With all of the wordpress plugins and builders out there, wordpress seems to be the best option for most projects.

thedge77, Dec 30, 2019 IP
  7. tuxandrew

tuxandrew Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, WordPress is suitable for most interactive website projects.

tuxandrew, Dec 30, 2019 IP
  8. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress for dynamic content, html for static.

karthimx, Feb 3, 2020 IP
    Saputnik likes this.
  9. RobertJays

RobertJays Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using Wordpress, but I can't say that I'm satisfied with that. Thinking of other options

RobertJays, Apr 16, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  10. Terem123

Terem123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would go with Wordpress from the start absolutely and entirely anyway for many many possible reasons here, there are so much light themes which can help you that I will not even start again with HTML, it's so old thing, like internet age;)

Terem123, Apr 16, 2020 IP
  11. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All you guys who are voting for wordpress, read this once:
    https://13pp.co.uk/post/WhatIsWrongWithWordpress
    (What is wrong with wordpress)

Other than hacking, security leaks, server overload, the plugins themselves are a major problem.
    You people who think you can use caching plugins to speed up your wordpress website, don't forget that the caching system is itself a plugin.
    Meaning, its loaded like a normal plugin, "after" a lot of other processing has already been done, database connections made, some other plugins got loaded before the caching plugin and they also communicated with the database.
    So a lot of all that database overload is still happening.
    At the max you are saving only a couple handful queries, and filling your webspace by caching for no real reason.

JEET, Apr 18, 2020 IP
  12. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @imuncutno1
    Are you really asking, How will you do SEO in a HTML site???

You don't know how to write title, meta tags?
    Or a good 1000 word article with proper keyword density?
    How is wordpress going to do that for you?

JEET, Apr 18, 2020 IP
    mmerlinn and malky66 like this.
  13. seoninja121

seoninja121 Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is one such system. It allows its users to create their content the way they like and publish it on their website. HTML is a markup language that allows for static page creation on the web. Websites use HTML and other such markup languages to host web content.

seoninja121, Apr 20, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  14. ZoyaHall

ZoyaHall Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpres will give you simplicity and ease of use. Along with this, terrible reliability.
    Take the time and effort to develop a dynamic website on REACT JS or ANGULAR JS. A big plus will be for them NODE JS.

ZoyaHall, Apr 21, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  15. TravelAdm

TravelAdm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    HTML!!

TravelAdm, May 6, 2020 IP
  16. bvss12

bvss12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is better use HTML with CSS and make a SEO friendly landing.

bvss12, May 13, 2020 IP
  17. Yjonata

Yjonata Peon

Best Answers:
    I've recently experimented with a small blog created with Hugo, that is managed through Forestry and hosted on Netlify. It's slower to update than a proper CMS like say Wordpress, but it's much more easy to handle and the whole thing is completely free

Yjonata, Jul 19, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  18. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I was going to experiment with Hugo, but I cannot find any way to download it.

mmerlinn, Jul 19, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  19. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Saputnik, Aug 2, 2020 IP
  20. blueink02

blueink02 Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress, that's easy to customise the site.

blueink02, Aug 3, 2020 IP