1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTML or Wordpress?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Ken64, May 31, 2017.

?

Which method do you prefer?

1. HTML

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Wordpress

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. kellyrose

kellyrose Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you wish to share regular updates about your business with your customers then you need to create posts, offers and news on your website that is possible and will be very easy with WordPress rather than working hard with html pages and WordPress is seo friendly CMS.

kellyrose, Oct 9, 2017 IP
  2. Aanav

Aanav Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is 'hard' to install
    For a really small / simple website I would customize an html template over Wordpress

Aanav, Jun 19, 2018 IP
  3. George Danke

George Danke Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi everybody!

My personal opinion - Wordpress is better, it has much more useful tools and instruments.

George Danke, Jul 16, 2019 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The fact that this is an "or" question says so much about what's WRONG with modern development. I mean sure, I often joke it takes giant brass balls of thunder to call what most Wordpress templates "HTML", but that doesn't mean as a site developer somewhere along the way you might end up needing to use HTML with WP.

Especially if you want something more than a stock template, or something their in-built editor doesn't provide. More so if you end up needing to optimize for accessibility, search, or hosting costs.

Side note, funny to see a bump of a two year old poll. Guess the low post count "I need enough posts to spam links" types are looking for more things they can mindlessly "me too" in one sentence or less.

deathshadow, Jul 16, 2019 IP
  5. mazzar111

mazzar111 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Wordpress for a few years and not thinking about changing

mazzar111, Nov 27, 2019 IP
  6. Harry H

Harry H Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Me too.

And yeah, if you install a decent caching plugin wordpress can be pretty easy going on your CPU. W3 bypasses wordpress completely when configured correctly. When I decide I want to change one phone number in a theme I don't want to change dozens of HTML files. How is this even a question?

Harry H, Nov 27, 2019 IP
  7. tuxandrew

tuxandrew Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since wordpress provides mutiple builtin templates and varieties of plugins which supports advanced functionalities, makes the website building task a bit easier. It is very easy to learn wordpress for a person with out programming background.

If we consider the server side, the wordpress installation and configuration is easier and not defines a complex hierarchy, we can update, backup,restore,migrate more easily than other CMS softwares available.

The wordpress provides plugin support to improve the performance and the experts do manual optimization of the websites at high extends.

For these reasons millions of word press websites are still successfully running around the world.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    tuxandrew, Nov 27, 2019 IP
  8. innateseo

innateseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WordPress has great plugins and support. HTML can be used withing WordPress to spice up the look and perhaps SEO.

innateseo, Dec 13, 2019 IP
  9. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what your goal is. If you want to just have one or two page sites, go with pure html. If you want interactvity, go with Wordpress.

If you go with html, you can scale up, but you will pretty much just be repeating what has already been done with Wordpress. Why reinvent the wheel?

Blue Star Ent., Dec 13, 2019 IP
  10. KaiShinI

KaiShinI Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, I've worked on HTML and Wordpress and both of them are really useful.

KaiShinI, Dec 23, 2019 IP
  11. Web_Dev_Chris

Web_Dev_Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That really depends on your need. A HTML website is perfect for me, but not for clients as they don’t have a clue about code.

If you are designing websites for other people than without a doubt WordPress is the perfect solution as it’s simple to setup, has many Add-Ons and its free. Your customer can painlessly manager their own website.

There are a lot of CMS out there that cost money and does not even scratch the surface when compared to WordPress.

FYI - WordPress powers 30% of the internet.

Web_Dev_Chris, Dec 23, 2019 IP
  12. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you for real? ALL webpages are powered by HTML including Turdpress pages but according to YOUR reply you seem to think Turdpress is NOT powered by HTML. Maybe you think TURDPRESS is powered by TURDS which may be a valid point considering the crap HTML that it uses.

Since Turdpress outputs TEN times the code needed to do a job, that must mean that 300% of the internet is trash.

mmerlinn, Dec 23, 2019 IP
  13. Web_Dev_Chris

Best Answers:
    The harsh truth is that — we love code and want it to be concise and efficient. However other people (Clients) couldn’t care less whether it’s 100 lines of code or 100,000 lines of code.

I have noticed that the design is what people really care about and the ability for them to easily manage their content. Not the code. You have to give your clients what they want.

14. Web_Dev_Chris

Best Answers:
    That’s not entirely true. Web pages can be powered by a plain text file, php, and of course HTML. For example
    <?php
    echo “Hello World!”;

15. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    I would like to see a webpage not powered by HTML.

mmerlinn, Dec 24, 2019 IP
    Blue Star Ent. likes this.
  16. Web_Dev_Chris

Best Answers:
    Well, no webpage is actually powered by HTML. It’s powered by the server. The browser interprets HTML which then renders how your webpage looks.

Web_Dev_Chris, Dec 24, 2019 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    technically they can be powered by xml

sarahk, Dec 24, 2019 IP
  18. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

qwikad.com, Dec 24, 2019 IP
  19. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    XML et alia are a kissing cousins to HTML and as such can be considered part of the HTML family. All are simple text files dependent upon browser rendering.

PHP cannot be rendered by any browser I know of, so cannot produce pages without help from an HTML text file.

mmerlinn, Dec 24, 2019 IP
  20. frontier2002

frontier2002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As much as you are motivated now eventually it will diminish overtime...and by then you don't want to waste time to do the nitty gritty of html coding even the simplest one because it will annoyed and slow you down. So better start with the simplest and avoid the unnecessary works with wordpress

frontier2002, Dec 29, 2019 IP