1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can someone recommend me the best taxi service in Leeds?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fasih Sheikh, Dec 13, 2019.

[​IMG] I am traveling to Leeds and I am looking for an airport taxi From Leeds to the City Centre! [​IMG] Can someone please recommend a good airport taxi service in Leeds?

Fasih Sheikh, Dec 13, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Seriously? I know there's a huge backlash against uber because of the Kashoggi comments but use that. I'd say if you turned up to the taxi rank at the airport you'd be obliged to take the first one on the rank. They're probably all as good as each other.

sarahk, Dec 13, 2019 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Leeds Rent A Donkey...perhaps not the most stylish or comfortable ride around, but definitely the least expensive.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 13, 2019 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    See, this is why you come to an internet marketing forum, to get the best information!

sarahk, Dec 13, 2019 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This does not necessarily relate to Leeds, but I will NEVER take another Yellow Cab (yes, this means you, NYC) again now that Uber and/or Lyft are available. I have ZERO sympathy for the traditional cab companies whom I suffered with for decades because of their monopoly. I hope that they all go out of business (which is happening, BTW.)

jrbiz, Dec 16, 2019 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Whoa, slow down. What's your beef with them? You and I have a different understanding of the word "suffer". :)

qwikad.com, Dec 16, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    How many times I would be flagging down a yellow cab in the rain in NYC, only to have multiple cabs stop, roll down their window, and ask where I was going before they would let me in the cab. If it was not a good enough fare for them, they would take off and leave me standing in the rain. Likewise, I have had the meter run up as they took circuitous routes to my destination. Beyond that, I have had some of them claim that they were only taking cash right now when they had perfectly fine working credit card machines. The stories go on and on like this and it was because they had a monopoly. I am enjoying their pain now and they fully deserve it.

jrbiz, Dec 16, 2019 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That might be an America problem - and other less reputable countries.

I've caught cabs in the UK, Australia, and NZ - while expensive they're not allowed to decline a fare and they've always taken the most cost-effective route.

sarahk, Dec 16, 2019 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Possibly, but I will also note that it was that "wild west" environment that helped to spawn Uber/Lyft which, as usual, are American innovators that solved the problem. Of course, UBer/Lyft have also cut consumers' costs by a lot. Just another free market versus de facto monopoly disruption.

jrbiz, Dec 16, 2019 IP