1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eCommerce platform

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Lindahmd, Nov 4, 2018.

I currently have an eBay & Etsy shop selling vintage knitting and crochet patterns by PDF. I am looking to move away from Etsy and set up my own shop. I will be selling digital downloads. What is the best eCommerce platform to use. What do you advise about using EKM.. I have read that EKM has eBay intergration, how does this work would it be the same as downloading a CSV file. Thank you

Lindahmd, Nov 4, 2018 IP
  2. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to review PrestaShop as it comes with a very well organized front end and back-end and has a lot of analytics and reporting tools. You can also get it hosted on your own account, which is important as you will be more independent like that.

HostColor, Dec 14, 2018 IP
  3. salman safder

salman safder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amazon.com is the ultimate future. then overstock is growing rapidly.

salman safder, Apr 3, 2019 IP
  4. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf Member

Best Answers:
    Reaction Commerce with ShipStation

MapleLeaf, Apr 4, 2019 IP
  5. George Powell

George Powell Peon

Best Answers:
    I find Magento to be the perfect choice for ecommerce enterprises of all scales and types. Here are a couple of benefits of Magento that allows it to stand out among its competing ecommerce platforms:

1. It is open source.

2. It has a free version.

3. It has extensive catalog and inventory management capabilities

4. It is very configurable and scalable.

5. It is constantly being upgraded and improved.

George Powell, Apr 30, 2019 IP
  6. gunsnro

gunsnro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    a lot of people choose shopify as well, personally I do not use but it is huge, so do your homework and choose from the best!

gunsnro, Apr 30, 2019 IP
  7. Jasumrg2

Jasumrg2 Peon

Best Answers:
    you could try shopify to start your ecommerce business because it provide you with excellent features supporting selling process such as inventory management and product research

Jasumrg2, May 13, 2019 IP
  8. bettybakebake

bettybakebake Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

bettybakebake, Dec 15, 2019 IP
  9. bettybakebake

bettybakebake Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Amazon is getting out of the small seller business just like walmart did. THey will find ways to shove the small seller out. That is where 65 percent of the customer complaints come from. small in house sellers with at the most five employees.

bettybakebake, Dec 15, 2019 IP
  10. eweber

eweber Member

Best Answers:
    All of the above are great choices. Woocommerce is another great choice. Some have a monthly fee and others are open source (free). With the monthly fee you will have a little less nerd control over your site but you will have a guarantee of the upkeep of your site. With an open source choice you will have full nerd control but its up to you to keep it updated backed up and malware free. To me your choice to break away from the market places is a good move. Actually I shouldn't say break away as I do think you should continue selling with the market places just for more exposure. Most make the move from market places and controlled web platforms to have total control and ownership of there growing web investment. The more your business grows, the more you may tend to want to have full control and ownership. 1. because its just smart 2. You would have the option to easily duplicate the site with a different domain name and start another store at no added cost (at least you can with WordPress/Woocommerce). 3. Successful established sites can go for a ton of money if you decide to sell it. At this point you would want to know that you have full control and ownership. With that said, I would urge you to think about whether you are capable and willing to lean how to maintain your site in order to have full control and ownership. Its really not hard to maintain. The trick is to get comfortable with knowing your backups and hit the update button when necessary. At times you may need to hire a developer for optimization, fix or malware removal which you can also learn to do yourself. I built my webstore using WordPress / Woocommerce.

One more piece of advice. Market places do all the work of advertising your products on their networks. You will need to market your own products when you sell from your website, Facebook, Google ads, Bing ads.

eweber, Dec 16, 2019 IP
  11. Martin7677

Martin7677 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I Agree, but there are many country-based Marketplace, like being in India, there is Flipkart, Myntra and many more. you can focus on alibaba and e-bay for Smaller business

Martin7677, Jan 15, 2020 IP
  12. Crowd11

Crowd11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Reaction Commerce with ShipStation

Crowd11, May 14, 2020 IP
  13. Telecom steve

Telecom steve Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another one here for Wordpress and Woo Commerce. If a plank like me can design and build a half decent website and online store then so can anyone else. I have been using Wordpress for the last few years and have just started with Woo Commerce, but even for me its been pretty easy to learn and their are so many free resources available to help, google comes up with quite a lot of help and they are loads of "How To" videos on YouTube. Start with a template of theme forest and you cant really go wrong. When buying a Wordpress theme check how long its been up and how many users it has and reviews etc.

The best thing about Wordpress is the number of plugins that allow you to do pretty much anything you can think of and then some.

Telecom steve, Jul 8, 2020 IP
  14. arnold758

arnold758 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I create my e-commerce site www.sportsaventures.com but should need traffic, someone can help me ?

arnold758, Feb 21, 2021 IP
  15. Asgard2087

Asgard2087 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can get in touch with Bluehost India for the same. They have expertise with e-commerce as a platform to host websites.

Asgard2087, Feb 28, 2021 IP
  16. Idith Birgenmahr

Idith Birgenmahr Peon

Best Answers:
    I highly recommend Shopify for this job. I think that the interface is easy to use, and their marketplace offer great apps that helps you finish up everything, including SEO tools and personalization tools.
    Some of them, like Twik also act as integration for Google Analytics which really helps for a not so technical people.
    Shopify have a broad variety that can really upgrade your website and help with increasing conversions.

Idith Birgenmahr, May 8, 2021 IP
  17. arriva

arriva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it's hard to find the best solution

arriva, May 21, 2021 IP