1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling 16 year old car website with 140k facebook followers. Made as much as $35,000 from adsense

Discussion in 'Sites' started by johndavis74, Nov 29, 2019.

Why are you selling this site?
    I used what I learned from this site and got into a similar method with cell phones and I have just not used this site in a while and I would rather sell it to someone who wants to run it.

How is it monetized?
    Right now the site has a few different methods. One is by selling memberships. The site has a brokers account with Copart and the only way individuals can by insurance salvage is if they go through a dealer so we charge a membership fee so people can place bids. I have only started this recently and may or may not be something I keep doing if I keep it.

It also makes money the other method is CPA offers. If someone applies for a loan through one of the cpa offers we get paid $80. If someone wants to place a free bid I will give them one free bid if they apply for a loan via our affiliate link.

I have also ran adsense on the site in the past and made as much as $35,000 a month from adsense (I had a network of these that were making about $120k a month total on adsense)

Now the bad part is google doesnt like social media traffic now so I didnt want to risk an account with over $100k in it each month by running the ads on a site that is getting a lot of social media traffic.

I do have a work around that has the income coming to a lot of small adsense sites to spread out the risk and I will train the buyer on how I am doing this.

I also make money by selling affiliate websites to people and then teaching them how to operate them (via videos). Our vendor has about 170 locations in the US so what I do is I will set up a site at each location for $1900 and I let someone local operate it and they keep most of the money (I charge them a $199 a month fee). I have 10 of them operating out of the 170 right now but that is not included in the sale at this price but I will train the buyer on how I market that side of the business. I sold $9700 in sites last month.

Does this site come with any social media accounts?
    I have two big ones and a few smallers ones. One has 100k follows and one has 40k.

How much time does this site take to run?
    Right now it gets 200 to 300 visitors a day if I post once a day on the facebook pages and that is all I am doing so it takes less than 5 mins a day but if you really want to operate the site.

What challenges are there with running this site?
    The adsense side is the big money maker. The CPA offer can do well but adsense is easier but Google has started limited the amount of ads shown on a site if the traffic comes from facebook. Now there are ways around that such as a 301 redirect and I also have a method that spreads the traffic out of a lot of adsense accounts (I can buy adsense accounts for $45 each)

The traffic is all from facebook. Not just the facebook page but I also post ads on the marketplace and drive traffic from the marketplace to our site. So if we post in 140 locations it is somewhat of a challenge to get that many ads posted every day.

The business has a lot of good potential and with about 25m to 30m used cars sold a year it is a big market.

johndavis74, Nov 29, 2019 IP
  2. vovk6155

vovk6155 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello. I*l like to buy some of your sites. Does your site have 100+ "google people"? If yes, give me access to google analytics - . Thanks.

vovk6155, Dec 11, 2019 IP
  3. johndavis74

johndavis74 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    94.1% - 16
    I am not sure what you mean "Google People"

johndavis74, Dec 14, 2019 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I never heard of google not liking web sites with high traffic from social media. It's highly unlikely that Google knows where your other traffic comes from.

NetStar, Dec 27, 2019 IP
  5. johndavis74

johndavis74 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    94.1% - 16
    Google adsense ads will not show very much if you have a lot of social traffic. You can read it on googles support site at https://support.google.com/adsense/thread/14494293?hl=en

And yes when you are running Adsense ads you have to put java code on your site from google so they know where your traffic comes from

johndavis74, Dec 29, 2019 IP