1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hilo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SycamorePond, Nov 15, 2019.

Sorry to say I'm going to disappear. The social side of this forum is lacking, and I'm frustrated with the intentional difficulty to remove posts.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    SycamorePond, Nov 15, 2019 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome Pale Peach.

What are your main interests that brought you to the forum?

JoeSpirit, Nov 16, 2019 IP
  3. SycamorePond

SycamorePond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The interests that brought me to the forum was a desire to find a place similar to the forums of the 2000's. A place where strangers could talk and just hang out anonymously. It's very different that the atmosphere of Facebook or Twitter where the point is to air out your personal information to people you know IRL. As I said before I had spend some time on SC because it provided that kind of atmosphere, but it was also filled with toxic users who drove away the users I enjoyed interacting with. After several weeks of no longer enjoying that forum I decided to look for a place with a similar forum structure, but not filled with such toxic users.

It was harder than I expected, this type of forum sadly is hard to come by. After several days of sorting through google results for NFL team forums or niche video game forums I decided to try a search on Duck Duck Go instead. I think Digital Point was on the Second Page of results for "social forum" so here I am.

My personal interests include cooking and soap making and most of my forum activity revolves around these things. I also Like to post about internet mysteries or whatever strikes my fancy at the time.

SycamorePond, Nov 16, 2019 IP
  4. izlik

izlik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to DigitalPoint! :)

izlik, Nov 16, 2019 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Welcome! Please, promise us not to disappear... Over the years I've seen countless users signing up, posting 2-3 posts and then disappearing to never be heard from again.

qwikad.com, Nov 16, 2019 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Interesting. My interest is geared toward online marketing.

I do have a friend that used to have booths at pioneer type events. Making soap was one of her activities. I think she retired form that this year for health reasons. Do you participate in that type of event?

JoeSpirit, Nov 17, 2019 IP
  7. SycamorePond

SycamorePond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't at this time as I am also a full time student. I sell my soap online as it is more flexible, but I'm considering joining craft shows that are at times of the year I wouldn't be too busy

SycamorePond, Nov 17, 2019 IP
  8. tajb88

tajb88 Member

Best Answers:
    hey and welcome,looks like here you will find what you need , feel free and ask :)

tajb88, Nov 18, 2019 IP
  9. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Do you have a plan in place to cover the potential demand for your soap? If your offers online become popular you might run into trouble trying to fill orders. I've seen people have to shut down their businesses because they started getting so many orders they keep up with them.

JoeSpirit, Nov 18, 2019 IP
  10. SycamorePond

SycamorePond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Honestly if that happened it would be a dream! Currently I'm majoring in Cell Biology and Genetics with a personal goal of identifying genes linked to Arthrogriposis and creating possible gene therapies to treat this. Because I am going to school to aquire tools for a personal goal, and not just to find a career, if my soap making business were to take off I would likely cut my academic schedule to part time and focus only on classes that would help me with gene editing instead of classes I would need just to graduate.

SycamorePond, Nov 18, 2019 IP
  11. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    What is Arthrogriposis? A type of joint affliction? I'm not familiar with it and don't find a definition. I take by your post that it's something near to you?

The reason I ask about having a plan in place to accommodate sudden increases in demand is if that demand is large enough you'd need a way to gear up and meet that demand. That would be a level of demand large enough that one person alone couldn't handle no matter how much time they could devote to it.

JoeSpirit, Nov 19, 2019 IP
  12. SycamorePond

SycamorePond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Arthrogriposis is a recessive genetic birth defect. There isnt much information about it because it is incredibly rare. If causes a person to develop with the joins twisted up. My brother was born with the disease, neither of my parents knew they were carriers of the disease until his was born. He only lived for several hours due to complications from this. I've tried to look into generic testing to find out if I am a carrier but the amount of information out there is dismal. This is why I've decided to do the research myself. I've also decided not to have kids until I am able to identify if I am a carrier and create a system of gene editing for affected zygotes.

Because this goal is so personal to me, I would not let my soap business completely take over my life and keep me from achieving this. Best case senario my company gets large enough I hire employees and a general manager and I would have slightly less involvement. Soaping is more of a passion than a long term career goal.

SycamorePond, Nov 19, 2019 IP
    JoeSpirit and sarahk like this.
  13. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    malky66, Nov 19, 2019 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  14. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Pale Peach.
    Welcome to Digital Point Forums. I am new member here, and you are the first member I am saying hi to here on the forum. I commend that you study science, I have similar interest in that field. I have always loved biology. I just graduated with a degree in Natural Sciences, an Associate of Art. I am glad that my first introduction here on the forum is with a fellow scientist. I like your introduction post - varied interests are incredible. Hard to find unipurpose forum. I hope you become an active member. Thanks.

davilama2682, Nov 19, 2019 IP
  15. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the explanation and I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I believe some of the world's greatest advancements are made by people who follow a course that's very personal to them.

It does sound to me like you have a plan for future growth. Have you found much of an online market for your soaps?

JoeSpirit, Nov 20, 2019 IP
  16. SycamorePond

SycamorePond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately the opposite. My ecommerce payment platform has just disabled my account for selling CBD bath bombs. I specifically checked their user agreement before working with them and they make no mention of CBD but they retain the right to refuse service for any reason. So now I need a new payment host. Shopify, paypal, etsy, Amazon, and ebay all ban cbd.

SycamorePond, Nov 22, 2019 IP
  17. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Pretty early for that market. I have seen an advertisement for a CBD bank. I think that was on Facebook. I just did a search for CBD bank business account and a good-sized list came up. You might see if you can find something there.

JoeSpirit, Nov 23, 2019 IP
    SycamorePond likes this.
  18. SycamorePond

SycamorePond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well holo there, always glad to see a fellow scientist. Congratulations on your degree, I'm getting my associate's of arts and sciences in December, then moving to a school with a better bio program to get my bachelor's:)

SycamorePond, Nov 24, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  19. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    December is 1 month away - good for you! I am deciding if I will enroll for further classes in upcoming Spring semester. I am considering a B.S. in Biotechnology or a B.S. in Cell and Molecular Biology. I still have to wait for and attend graduation for my degree in Natural Sciences.

davilama2682, Nov 24, 2019 IP
  20. paymenthuddle

paymenthuddle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Pale Peach - welcome to the forum. Payment Providers classify anything to do with CBD as a 'high-risk' business. We help high-risk merchants get matched with payment providers, some are in the US and others are overseas (it just depends on what your business does and what your chargeback rate is). Let us know if you need some assistance - our email is and we are happy to connect offline. Last question what is your URL for the CBD site?

paymenthuddle, Dec 13, 2019 IP