1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Won't it allow me to edit my posts?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by davilama2682, Nov 20, 2019.

Hi.
    I am noticing that it wont save my edits to posts. I tried quoting another member in a reply and the formatting is all screwed up and I want to edit it to make it look good and neat and it won't let me. It is bothering me to see my post look that way. Can I please be allowed to edit? I am a grammar freak. please help! Is editing of post not allowed? Can someone please explain it to me? Is it because I am still new? Thanks.

Solved! View solution.
    davilama2682, Nov 20, 2019 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You have an 8 hour window to edit your own posts, after this time you could report the post and ask a moderator to edit it for you.

malky66, Nov 20, 2019 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Finally a kindred spirit!....... I am not alone!!!~!:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Nov 20, 2019 IP
  4. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I wound up reporting the post and asking for a correction. Funny having to flag my own posts, but whatever works. The 8 hour window is interesting. I wasn't keeping track of the time that I posted, but I am certain that it was not within 8 hours after initial posting. Was I trying to edit too many times maybe in too short of a window? I like to edit.
    Oh yea! We need to keep our posts neat and organized. Good Grammar is good content. I guess I have to keep in mind my limited editing ability here on this forum before posting/replying. I quote often and write a lot sometimes - so more room for error in properly formatting my posts the way that I would like to have them in my responses.

sarahk likes this.
    A word to the wise, it is supposed to be an 8 hour window but it isn't. It's actually only 6, I know because I have tried to edit after 6 hours and it won't edit.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 20, 2019 IP
  6. davilama2682

Best Answers:
    Apparently, I cannot do this because my request to have a moderator edit my post has been denied! Go figure. Looks like I have to be my own grammar police on here.

Wow, ok. That is enlightening! Thank you for letting me know and replying to my thread. I feel you can relate to my struggle on this topic. I do not understand why they would want badly formatted threads/posts indexed. But I am just a user - not the administrator.

7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Most people don't care about small mistakes here and there. I certainly don't. Of course it's painful to read a post if someone's English is atrocious, but small mistakes are actually expected, particularly if you are a cell phone user. Speaking of which, I almost always use the mic option when I text my wife and I send the texts without checking... Try it on your spouse or friends, it's hilarious.

qwikad.com, Nov 21, 2019 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I can agree with the above post. But on *Copywriting* forum as well as *Content Creation* forum when members are attempting to solicit clientele and promote their aptitude in regards to their writing, then it does and should matter.

Spoiltdiva, Nov 21, 2019 IP
  9. davilama2682

Best Answers:
    That sounds like it could be a whole separate thread just on autocorrect messages and texts to one's spouse. I like my writing to be professional and appropriate. Even my texts' messages and emails are properly formatted. I like that.

It does and it should matter!
    I am not soliciting clientele at present but, I am promoting my already written written work already elsewhere uploaded on the internet. It is original academic research work and I am promoting it as such. Hence, badly presented forum postings might not elicit an interest from people who may stumble upon a link and follow-through to my content. Apart from that, I am just personally picky with my own writing. I go through multiple edits. Even final copy is not final. Everything is a working document that constantly needs updating and revision. (if you are the creator). People pay for final copy, but self-written work is never finished otherwise.

davilama2682, Nov 21, 2019 IP
  10. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You never were alone.

mmerlinn, Nov 21, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.