1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help from moderator

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by nexusA6, Nov 18, 2019.

Hello I am new and I registered in order to contact a moderator to ask to have a post deleted.

I am the owner of the top level domain seachportal.com. Several years ago the website information.com created a subdomain called searchportal.information.com from which some kind of hacking attack originated.

A person of low technical proficiency who was affected by these attacks came to the conclusion that I as owner of the top level domain was responsible for the activity originating from someone else's subdomain.

This person went on to post the following on your forum:

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/hostgator-hosting-account-hacked.738896/page-2#post-13214352

The post accuses me of being a hacker and a thug. Not a concern in and of itself except that it goes on to list my name, phone number, email address and home address. Now everyone who googles my name gets this on their first page of results.

Can the moderators please look into it and delete the post? Note that the poster in question is a one time poster and therefore not part of your community.

Thank you for your time.

Richard

nexusA6, Nov 18, 2019 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If the post doesn't violate the forum rules it won't be removed, to do this you will need a court order, from the Policies page:

https://www.digitalpoint.com/help/policies

malky66, Nov 18, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I took the liberty of reporting your thread to state that it ought to be moved to this forum as opposed to *Introductions* forum. In any event I believe that any reasonable member on this site will offer you the benefit of the doubt. You have addressed the issue and that is the first step, good luck to you with all.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Spoiltdiva, Nov 18, 2019 IP
  4. nexusA6

nexusA6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you Spoiltdiva for moving the thread to the proper directory.

Since accusing a domain holder of conducting activities originating from another domain is by definition a lie, the post does indeed violate forum rules:

Rules (learn more)
    Our rules have been revised. The short version:
    • don't lie

nexusA6, Nov 18, 2019 IP