1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alternative to cPanel/WHM 2019

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by newbie191, Oct 20, 2019.

Is there a real alternative free or paid to cPanel/WHM? Many panels have came and gone but cPanel is still there. After the recent price increase it has given many companies a reason to revise their pricing.
    I just want to know what are other options available which are offcource secure and have at least all the basic features of cpanel.

newbie191, Oct 20, 2019 IP
  2. pavv

pavv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can read more about this on WHT. The best choice at this moment is DirectAdmin.
    Anyway, I expect more changes to come in the next 1-2 years in the web hosting control panel market. One is that is very possible someone will buy DirectAdmin.

pavv, Oct 20, 2019 IP
  3. bountysite

bountysite Active Member

Best Answers:
    The shift away from cPanel, has been to DirectAdmin mostly.

But here are my suggestions:
    - If you own all the sites, then I would suggest using CentminMod for setting up hosting, all from command line
    - I like VestaCP, but there are some security related issues(unfixed) in the panel. You can mitigate the risks by restricting IPs to API and control Panel.
    - For paid option, you can choose between Direct Admin and Cyber Panel
    - If you want free shared hosting, then checkout ISPConfig. Setup can be a hard work.

bountysite, Oct 23, 2019 IP
  4. dedikart

dedikart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Directadmin is the best choice right now. They have developed a migration tool as well which would offer seamless transfer.

dedikart, Nov 7, 2019 IP
  5. trigshady

trigshady Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't really like the interface of DirectAdmin, from the cheapest versions would recommend a free one - Webmin.

trigshady, Nov 8, 2019 IP
  6. FaveHosting

FaveHosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    We use Directadmin it is simple and intuitive and with the new template with icons it looks better.

FaveHosting, Nov 11, 2019 IP
  7. tuxandrew

tuxandrew Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about CWP(centOSwebpanel)?, Even though it is not 100% mirror alternate to cPanel, but I have installed and used for several servers and is good.

tuxandrew, Nov 16, 2019 IP
  8. FaveHosting

Best Answers:
    I agree, CWP is a good free alternative to cPanel.

It support Cloudlinux, Softaculous and has a built in cPanel migration process.

FaveHosting, Nov 17, 2019 IP
  9. FaveHosting

Best Answers:
    I agree CWP is a good free alternative. It support cloudlinux, softaculous and has a built-in cPanel migration process.

FaveHosting, Nov 17, 2019 IP
  10. tuxandrew

tuxandrew Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also there is a builtin feature to install Varnish Cache Server on CentOS Webpanel in a click of a button, and is a powerful reputable frontend caching engine to boost the website loading speed and reduce server’s CPU load.

tuxandrew, Nov 17, 2019 IP
  11. HostDoc

HostDoc Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many alternatives and as many here have pointed out, the market is gravitating towards DirectAdmin and rightly so seeing as plesk which would have been the logical choice is also owned by cpanel and is expected to pull the same trick that cpanel pulled.
    DirectAdmin is great and gets the job done as efficiently as cpanel and were quick to react to cpanel price hike which put them in the driving seat to be the most suitable replacement.
    In the free space, there are some strong contenders:
    Cyberpanel
    Webmin
    CWP
    Webuzo

We are official DirectAdmin partners and as such, have the ability to offer internal licences free with our VPS range.

HostDoc, Nov 18, 2019 IP
  12. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some providers have migrated to DirectAdmin. Some others have added DirectAdmin based hosting in addition to the existing cPanel based hosting services.

We have started offering DirectAdmin based hosting in addition to existing cPanel based hosting. DirectAdmin is the 'next best thing' as of now, however, it is not a match for cPanel. In terms of usability features, it lacks a lot and nowhere close to cPanel. Its only advantage is, it is cheap.

There is another control panel named ApisCP, which has some strong features built in and RACK911 found fewer bugs in them than any other in a security audit of major alternative control panels.

It has features of CloudLinux and MailChannels/SpamExperts built in, meaning you won't need to use these additional software if you use ApisCP. I have high hope about this control panel and large providers are starting to offer it. As of now, the majority of the contracts are still ongoing so, it might be a few days more before you see it offered at major DCs.

MechanicWeb-shoss, Nov 26, 2019 IP