1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Small search engine

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by Kavunkaua, Nov 14, 2019.

Hello! I want to know your opinion about the use of the site information search service on your website. Imagine a small search engine that searches 1,000 to 2,000 sites. Would a similar service be useful for your visitors? I have an example of a search engine that searches for gadgets. http://gadget-search.net/

Could you be interested in a similar product?

Kavunkaua, Nov 14, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I imagine there are some industries that would be handy for. You'd be looking for people who make lots of similar searches in a defined niche.

I have a friend who works in food additives. There are lots of suppliers but their ranges tend to be limited so when you're doing R&D and looking for a new additive you have to hunt around to find who to buy it from. Because you're not indexing everything you'd need new suppliers to submit to your search engine otherwise users will get better results from Google.

Marketing those niche search engines will be tricky - an interesting project. Good luck!

sarahk, Nov 14, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. Javier-Ramos.com

Javier-Ramos.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google used to offer a custom search engine for specific websites, it was pretty useful, you could pay a developer to build a custom search bot based on your database as well, there is still a market for search engines for sure.

Javier-Ramos.com, Nov 16, 2019 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you talking about a search engine that searches a PRE-DEFINED list of websites? If so, it might be very hard to sell as every one would need to be custom designed. No economies of scale there.

That said, for industry specific searches, Google is horrible, so there may be a small custom market to companies willing to pay big money to get the results that they need.

mmerlinn, Nov 16, 2019 IP
  5. Kavunkaua

Kavunkaua Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for the advice. I am a developer. I already have search bots

Yes.

A large number of sites require a large number of servers. My search engine uses only one server. My server is very cheap. It costs $ 400 - $ 700 on eBay

Do you know such companies?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2019
    Kavunkaua, Nov 16, 2019 IP