1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mobile numbers database that doesn't suck or costs a fortune?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by boris33, Oct 30, 2019.

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a bit of know-how about this topic. As you might know, SMS marketing is far more effective, if done right. Getting opt-in users phones lists and message them about niche offers can be a real money maker. But most list sellerrs only offer phone lists from India (scraped JustDial), or phones without a carrier domain (costs more to send messages). So, here are my findings so far:

1. Getting phone numbers from other countries (not India or US) brings more conversions
    2. Getting numbers with carrier domain (e.g. ) costs much less
    3. Choosing cheaper provider with money back guarantee, if bounce is too high (e.g. not auto-generated numbers).

I only found providers like Cell-phone-list (US only, a bit expensive), StarkDeal (verified, with carrier domains) and Iprnsms (a bit shady perhaps?), but looking for others, especially those who offer numbers from EU countries and don't cost a fortune. Any experience with these and other providers, please?

Thanks and take care!

boris33, Oct 30, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So, you're spamming via sms?

Do you use a shortcode service to lead generate?

sarahk, Nov 11, 2019 IP
  3. boris33

boris33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Spamming? Then you should use this word with just about any marketing activity out there, more or less. At least an effective one, e.g. getting leads without doing too much manual labor all day long. As the web is a big place, I doubt that anyone can make a success without resorting to some sort of automating marketing.

As for the mobile db, I only use opt-in ones, with permission of owners. For now, I tested BitManta (the cheapest) and infoleads (somewhat good), but I cannot vouch for others.

Take care!

boris33, Nov 12, 2019 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Interesting perspective.

If I go to a website I'm accepting that I might be bombarded with any "calls to action" you choose to display. If I don't like it, I can choose to leave and never return.

If I receive an unsolicited sms then I consider that spam. I can't just leave, I can't prevent you from making further contact etc.

I'm intrigued that there are high-quality lists that people opt into so that they can receive marketing messages from anyone the list owner gives access. What's in it for them?

sarahk, Nov 12, 2019 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, I have never received a spam text from an advertiser and would not react positively if I did. I did get a phishing text or two over the years and it did probably include malware, but I steered clear. Cellular phone numbers are treated differently than landlines here in the U.S. and the original basis for that was that when the law was passed, users might be paying for minutes on each call or for each text. So, telemarketers were banned from cold calling cell phones numbers. I do not believe that the law has changed and it most likely covers unsolicited texts to said number.

jrbiz, Nov 12, 2019 IP