1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can avoid Meta Title & description Duplicate issue?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ashokdhan, Nov 7, 2019.

Hello Members

My site have 1000 of pages for Airlines route map. I am confused how can write Title and Meta description because all airlines provide route map and same kind of services.
    The brief description is almost same,

What i am using

Title - Air Arabia Route Map - Air Arabia Destination & Hubs
    Keywords - Air Arabia route map, Air Arabia flight map, Air Arabia destinations, Air Arabia hub airports, Air Arabia flights
    Descriptions - Air Arabia route map and flights destinations cover by Air Arabia flights. Get full list of Air Arabia destinations and airport hubs.

I am just replacing airlines name using same title , description for all airlines

Title - American Airlines Route Map - American Airlines Destination & Hubs
    Keywords - American Airlines route map, American Airlines flight map, American Airlines destinations, American Airlines hub airports, American Airlines flights
    Descriptions - American Airlines route map and flights destinations cover by American Airlines flights. Get full list of American Airlines destinations and airport hubs.

Please guide me guys is this correct or should i change it with unique.

ashokdhan, Nov 7, 2019 IP
  2. nshep

nshep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First of all, you may want to say destinations covered by and Get a full list. Otherwise, it's not correct English.

nshep, Nov 7, 2019 IP
    mmerlinn and ashokdhan like this.
  3. ashokdhan

ashokdhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    THANK YOU BUDDY MY MISTAKE. WHAT ABOUT MY CONCERN.

ashokdhan, Nov 7, 2019 IP
  4. nshep

nshep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To be honest, that is above my paygrade. I would look at your results. I assume you are asking this question because your pages are not ranking to your satisfaction?

nshep, Nov 8, 2019 IP
  5. ashokdhan

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Its new website before going to touch google i am just asking. I am confused about this but last 2 days i am reading forums and blogs about this i think i am on right track.

ashokdhan, Nov 8, 2019 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You can remove the keyword tag / keywords. The meta name keywords tag is pretty much obsolete, the main search engines will ignore it.

You can shorten your title to: "American Airlines Flight Patterns & Destinations" (Especially if are targeting your every day travelers).

qwikad.com, Nov 8, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I see nothing wrong with just changing the airline name and leaving everything else the same. They are NOT duplicates and likely no search engine will penalize you at all. I have over 14,000 pages on my site and even though titles and tags are SIMILAR on all pages, it seems to have NO effect on my ranking.

mmerlinn, Nov 8, 2019 IP
    ashokdhan and JEET like this.
  8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Your use of the title tag and both meta is bloated gibberish GUARANTEED to get you ignored by search. You need to learn what the tags are FOR... and they're NOT places to blindly stuff words.

The <title> tag exists to be the text on a link back to the page, and the title as shown in the browser window / tab. That's it, that's all it's for. The most useful format for this is:

Page Title - Site Title

So if your site is named "Fare Globals" the proper <title> would read:

<title>Air Arabia Route Map - Fare Globals</title>
    Code (markup):
    Because that is what's the most useful to users.

The description meta is text to describe details about the page. It should be a natural language paragraph that you want shown below your link on the SERP, (Search Engine Results Page) and NOT a place to just blindly stuff words, phrases, or other such gibberish. DESCRIBE the page. In doing so, try to AVOID saying what the <title> tag is already saying. In particular avoid using the same few words over and over as that can get you penalized for keyword stuffing!

Hence:

<meta name="description" content="Full list of flight destinations and airport hubs">
    Code (markup):
    Don't waste time even saying the specific name as you've already said that in your TITLE!

Now the keywords meta? Well, it's called keywords. Not keyphrases, not keysentence, but keyWORDS!!! It should be 7 or 8 single words or proper names that exist as plaintext between <body> and </body> that you want a slight uprank on. That's it, all that should go there. It's ok to have some duplication here with TITLE, but remember to limit to single words or proper names. Additionally most people who actually know what they're talking about suggest limiting yourself to 96 characters or less on this meta.

Hence something like:

<meta name="keywords" content="Air Arabia,flight,route,map,destinations,hub,airports">
    Code (markup):
    Assuming all those words appear as text content inside <body>. If they do not, the keywords meta is ignored. In fact, the endless abuse of said tag with people stuffing it full of nonsense is WHY many "experts" claim it's ignored outright; to the point even Google has fogotten how it works and how their own system actually does obey it... all you need to do is use it for what it's FOR. If you put long-tail phrases in, you're going to be ignored. If you put in every possible combination of the same word, it's going to be ignored. If it's stuffed full of words or phrases that do not appear inside <body> as text data, it's going to be so ignored you might as well not bother having one!

... and that really goes for all of these tags. Blindly stuffing them with every possible combination of the relevant words is NOT what these tags are for, NOT how they are supposed to be used, and pretty much using them that way is at best going to get you ignored, and at worst pimp-slapped clear off of the search engines entirely!

Anyone telling you otherwise is talking out their backside. Sadly that includes around 80%+ of the so-called SEO "experts".

deathshadow, Nov 9, 2019 IP
  9. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with @deathshadow
    Google is getting smarter and smarter. You follow 2005 traditional SEO methods, you will surely get penalised and ignored by search engines.

About your question, having the name of airlines in title tag is good enough to avoid duplicate issue.

Also, duplicate content is not just about title tag, but about your entire page content.

JEET, Nov 9, 2019 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  10. Md. Nazrul Islam

Md. Nazrul Islam Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can easily add title and meta title all of the pages in <title> section. It can use for all the pages. I think your problem should be solved.

Click Here

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Md. Nazrul Islam, Nov 9, 2019 IP
  11. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Duh, can't you read? He is ALREADY doing that.

mmerlinn, Nov 9, 2019 IP
    ashokdhan likes this.
  12. John Bucalo

John Bucalo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    duplicate content is an on page concern not so much meta and title(i mean its not good to have the same titles for each page) but as long as each page is for a different airline I would include the name of each one in the title just to change it up a bit and try mix up the descriptions with a few variations. I hope this helps your local SEO.

John Bucalo, Nov 9, 2019 IP
    ashokdhan likes this.
  13. ashokdhan

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I am not going to bypass using 100% unique content on pages. What i mention in meta description and meta title the all information present on web pages even i use schema Org data on my web pages for all attributes.
    1 , Airlines Personal information
    2, Airlines Contact Details
    3, Airlines Booking details
    4, Airlines Route map
    5, Airlines FAQ.
    Please check
    https://www.airlinesmap.com/american-airlines
    Route map - https://www.airlinesmap.com/american-airlines-route-map
    https://www.airlinesmap.com/delta-airlines
    Route Map - https://www.airlinesmap.com/delta-airlines-route-map

ashokdhan, Nov 10, 2019 IP
  14. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @ashokdhan
    Change this line below:
    "All information collect from varous sources we cannot gaunrantee orginality. All images taken from third party "

change to:
    All information collected from various sources. we cannot guarantee orginality. All images taken from third party. for complaint please write to us at <yourEmail>

Also, there is too much repetition of word "Delta Airlines" on the webpage, specially just before those "book now" buttons.
    Reduce repetition little bit.

By the way, you are in a highly competitive niche.

JEET, Nov 10, 2019 IP
  15. ashokdhan

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    This is used for Delta Airlines route. this is important we need show otherwise how user can find flight No of of Delta Airlines.
    Schema and Flight route map used here.
    [​IMG]

16. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Still you need to look at WHAT you're saying in each of them, since what you have on those pages is complete broken nonsense that has NOTHING to do with what the TITLE tag or the META are for. In fact it's worse than I thought with the gibberish "classification" that has nothing to with what category of information the site is about, or the bloated redundant pointless opengraph META that do nothing but waste bandwidth since if omitted, they fall back to the normal equivalent META.

The only ones to even bother wasting time on being og:image, twitter:image, twitter:site, and fb:admins. GET RID OF THE REST OF THEM. They do nothing your existing <title> and keywords/description <meta> should be accomplishing; much less their presence and redundancy is likely to get you kicked off of search rather than helping.

But again, your values are nonsense.

<title>American Airlines - American Airlines Reservation, Information</title>
    Code (markup):
    How does that help users know what page and website it is. The website appears to be "Airlines Map" so the correct <title> would be:

<title>American Airlines - Airlines Map</title>
    Code (markup):
    The keywords META

<meta name="keywords" content="American Airlines reservation, American Airlines Flight information, American Airlines Route map, American Airlines booking">
    Code (markup):
    Is broken rubbish GUARANTEED to get ignored by search engines at bast, result in the team Cutts formed at Google delivering an open-handed slap to your search rankings. That is NOT what the content of a keywords META should ever be since you are just randomly creating long phrases of every possible word. keyWORDS damnit. WORDS!!! Single words or proper names, NOT long phrases.

Hence the correct version would be:

<meta name="keywords" content="American Airlines,reservation,flight,information,,route,map,booking">
    Code (markup):
    keyWORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Likewise the description META is less than useful, this:

<meta name="description" content="American Airlines reservation and Flight Information. View the details of American Airline booking, destination, Hubs, baggage allowance, classes and route map." />
    Code (markup):
    Having pointless redundancy to the <title> tag. Assuming your page is parsed properly by the search engines, the SERP Listing would end up looking like this:

American Airlines - American Airlines Reservation, Information
    American Airlines reservation and Flight Information. View the details of American Airline booking, destination, Hubs, baggage allowance, classes and route map.

Because that is what the description META tag is for, the text to be shown below the link on the serp. Hence a more appropriate description would read:

<meta name="description" content="Details about booking, destinations, Hubs, baggage allowance, seating classes and routes." />
    Code (markup):
    Which combined with my earlier TITLE change would give you this on the SERP listing:

American Airlines - Airlines Map
    Details about booking, destinations, Hubs, baggage allowance, seating classes and routes.

A far cleaner and useful result for users looking at your listing.

You aren't using these tags and values for what they are FOR! Until you understand that aspect of it worrying about more than one page is pointless.

deathshadow, Nov 10, 2019 IP
    JEET and ashokdhan like this.
  17. ashokdhan

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Now I got your point let me fix it.

JEET likes this.
  18. ashokdhan

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    What about this structure. The focus keywords is = Delta Air Lines, Delta Airlines reservations, Delta airlines phone number.
    <title>Delta Air Lines | Reservations and Flights - Airlines Map</title>
    Code (markup):
    https://www.airlinesmap.com/delta-airlines
    <meta name="keywords" content="American Airlines, reservations, flights, information, route map, booking">
    Code (markup):
    <meta name="description" content="Find Delta Airlines details. Reservations & Flights, Address, Phone Number, baggage allowance, web check in information at airlinesmap.com" />
    Code (markup):

ashokdhan, Nov 12, 2019 IP
  19. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Don't use the vertical break character in the title. I don't know what nitwit started that trend, but it's gibberish nosence. If anything a comma would be more appropriate.

Route and map are two separate words, and are not a proper name, therefore there should be a comma between them since again it's keyWORDS. Unless it's a proper name, don't go more than one word between comma's.

... and the description meta wastes time repeating information the title already says, don't do that. Likewise it is not a natural language sentence as it's overstuffed with keywords, making said description less than useful in its intended role. At minimum remove the "at airlinesmap.com" as a pointless redundancy, and I'd say do the saem with the airline name at the start of it. If you say it in the <title> to NOT say it again in the description, since the entire point of the description is to show it UNDER the title on a search listing. You've already told people it's Delta and airlinesmap.com, STOP repeating it over and over again, you're just asking to get banned from search!

unless you have multiple separate pages of American Airlines stuff, I would have this as the title:

<title>Delta Air Lines - Airlines Map</title>
    Code (markup):
    The keywords:

<meta name="keywords" content="American Airlines,reservations,flights,information,route,map,booking">
    Code (markup):
    Since the only proper name there is "American Airlines" and the rest are single words with no relationship suitable to what the keywords tag is for.

Then for the description:

<meta name="description" content="Information about Reservations & Flights, Locations, baggage allowance, phone contacts, and web check-in">
    Code (markup):
    So we're not repeating proper names from the TITLE. I would even reduce what it says further if the second TITLE I suggested is indeed inappropriate for the page.

title: Page Name - Site Name

KeyWORDS: seven or eight words or proper names that exist between <body> and </body> as plaintext you want a slight uprank on.

description: A natural language sentence or two describing the page's function without repeating information that is in the TITLE.

That's what they're for. Vary from this pattern at your own peril.

deathshadow, Nov 12, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  20. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There will be no duplicate issue on your titles and descriptions as long as it is captivating and unique to the target users.

KylieSweet, Nov 27, 2019 IP