1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Permissions on post

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by tmagic6892, Nov 5, 2019.

If I set a permission on a post to share with just one other person (specific friends) from my friends list will all my post I now create only have that Specific friends permission until I change the permission manually prior to posting it ? Thanks

tmagic6892, Nov 5, 2019 IP
  2. trigshady

trigshady Active Member

Best Answers:
    It shouldn't be set on all future posts, however, you should check before posting the first post after this post with permissions.

trigshady, Nov 6, 2019 IP
  3. tmagic6892

tmagic6892 Peon

Best Answers:
    @trigshady Thanks. I really was looking for some clarification as this exactly what mine does. If I set a permission on a post then all subsequent post have this permission set on it. I can repeat this flawlessly every time but couldn’t find any specific permission policy under FB in regards.

tmagic6892, Nov 7, 2019 IP
  4. trigshady

trigshady Active Member

Best Answers:
    But these permissions do apply just for the next post you post, right?

trigshady, Nov 8, 2019 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    At one stage it remembered your last privacy setting and made that the default.
    I suspect that how it works will depend a little bit on the platform. How it behaves in the browser is different from the ios app...

sarahk, Nov 8, 2019 IP
  6. tmagic6892

tmagic6892 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it does. It seems that’s the way it works for me but I had someone else telling me that the permissions do not remain and go back to friends !

Yes I agree. I’m sure different platforms play a part and wonder if different countries handle the fb permission settings differently. I’m just questioning the mobile app

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2019
    tmagic6892, Nov 13, 2019 IP