1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

General tips on how to “blend in” your FB ads and make more money

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Josef Biro, Oct 28, 2019.

Facebook advertising has become one of the best ways to advertise because it’s a super effective way if you know how to do it the right way.

Only great content is not going to increase your Click-through-Rate

Facebook users aren’t expecting to engage with businesses and brands when they get online. Instead, they want to see content uploaded by their friends and family. In order to get your ads noticed and better performing, you actually need to blend in.

By using natural images rather than stock images, you can make your Facebook ads look more like it was uploaded by someone your target audience follows. While natural images are not as “perfect” as stock images, they are more authentic, giving your audience a chance to get to know the real you.

Unfortunately, many businesses forget what Facebook is really all about. Instead, they see Facebook as an opportunity to sell more and make more money. They forget about the “social” part of it.

If ads are boring, or uninteresting, Facebook users are likely to just scroll past your ads and not even paying attention.

So if you want your Facebook ads to get noticed, it’s time you start approaching them more like a post made by a friend rather than a typical ad.

Here are a few things you should think about when selecting your photos for your ads.

• Always use high quality images on your ads

• Don’t use only the same colors as the Facebook theme (blue and white) because the ads will blend in and then it’s easier for the users to scroll past which is not good for us marketers.

• Use bright pictures that are full of color and eye catching.

• Do not use pictures where it’s to much going on and pictures where it’s too much text on in the image. Make it easy and fast to consume.

• Make sure the text doesn’t take up more than 20% of the total area.

• Pictures with happy people tend to perform better

• Make sure you pick the right image size for the ad type.

You’ll want to use an image of an attractive woman if you’re advertising to a male demographic.

If you’re targeting a female demographic, try to choose a photo of an attractive man.

Keep in mind that most people are used to seeing real pictures of their friends and family on Facebook, so cheesy stock photos won’t make it better.

Try to use real images or real people. They tend to get more clicks.

Here is an example

[​IMG]

If you have any questions, just ask. I am more then happy to help and give value.

Let's talk!

Josef Biro, Oct 28, 2019 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Nice tips.

JEET, Oct 29, 2019 IP
  3. Josef Biro

Josef Biro Peon

Best Answers:
    No I don't because I don't really like the whole concept. It's maipulated and you don't have much control compared to other business models.

Josef Biro, Oct 30, 2019 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

So you should blend in but your ads should not blend in?

I feel a bit confused as to what you're trying to say here.

JoeSpirit, Oct 30, 2019 IP
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @JoeSpirit
    He is saying, make yourself appear as a regular person endorsing something, but make the ads noticeable and not get mixed with the design colors of facebook itself.

JEET, Oct 30, 2019 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The social media conversion rate by some estimates is between 0.5% - 0.7% (doesn't matter which popular social media site we are talking about). I believe it. Can a bunch of people who just 5 seconds ago were not interested in anything you had to offer become interested and convert into paying customers? Maybe, but that's not my experience. @JEET @JoeSpirit have you guys had good experience with social media ads?

qwikad.com, Oct 30, 2019 IP
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @qwikad.com
    I too have noticd similar conversion rate with social media. FB and twitter make less than 1% of my total sales so far.
    They are better tools for building a brand though, spread awareness about your products and websites.

JEET, Oct 30, 2019 IP
  8. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I have not. I tried FB with no joy. Don't even bother with those ads anymore. Although I do know some marketers who claim success with them.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    JoeSpirit, Oct 31, 2019 IP
  9. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    JoeSpirit
    People on fb are not looking to buy. They are mostly in chatting mood.
    On FB, you can try ads which somehow try to engage the reader. Like a question of some sort. As people keep commenting, your ad post will keep getting views.

Eventually a few people might also click your website link and buy something.

JEET, Oct 31, 2019 IP
  10. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Completely agree.

The thing to keep in mind about FB is that it's there for friends to communicate with one another. That doesn't actually create a marketer-friendly atmosphere. Rather than using ads to promote I believe I have more success posting value-added comments to posts and letting those who want more info contact me.

Most people on my friend's list are actually that - people I know and/or associates who are in the same marketing niche as I am. Although I am slowly expanding that list I do grow weary of so-called single "women" who are in search of a real relationship or guys who assume for some reason that I'm gay that recently lost their father and have no means of support without him.

FB has more traps than a minefield.

JoeSpirit, Nov 1, 2019 IP
  11. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    JoeSpirit
    You should start a group on FB.
    Invite your "same niche" friends to that group, wait for a while and see the snowball effect.
    Keep the group public, not private.
    You will start getting lots of friend requests from people with similar interest, and your group will also grow large pretty soon.
    Although I have to tell you, you will end up spending a lot of time on deleting a lot of spam ads daily... LOL

JEET, Nov 2, 2019 IP
  12. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I've had both a group and a fan page on FB for well over a year now. The group grows slowly. Haven't had any trouble with spam posts as yet but I do watch for them.

JoeSpirit, Nov 3, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  13. monorattlesnake

monorattlesnake Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    FB performs really well for sensational products that can have their features easily presented in a video and don't cost too much.
    Think QVC products up to $75. There you can make a ton of money, especially with the non-US market.

monorattlesnake, Nov 13, 2019 IP
  14. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    In the past I did some testing with my AdSense ads. Not sure who and why came up with the idea of "blending in", but it surely didn't work for me. The ads that stood out outperformed the ads that were blending in. Maybe it works differently for facebook, but I would first try to make my ads stand out and if they absolutely didn't work then I'd try to blend them in. But I'd give them a couple weeks to make that determination.

qwikad.com, Nov 18, 2019 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  15. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    We are all bombarded with so many ads today that I think we've become pretty much blind to anything that doesn't stand out.

JoeSpirit, Nov 19, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.