1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

John MacArthur tells Beth Moore to "Go Home"

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by qwikad.com, Oct 27, 2019.

qwikad.com, Oct 27, 2019 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am always curious about anyone who is outside of the Roman Catholic faith, yet quotes the New Testament and insists that said quote or example must be interpreted literally. The thing is, the Bible states clearly that the Lord told Peter (and no one else) to found the Church on the Rock. The Lord, as quoted by the Bible, did not say that Luther or anyone else could start up competing churches or variations of Peter's church based upon their interpretation of various words in the Bible.

So, if anyone is a Christian outside of the Roman Catholic faith, they are saying that the Bible should not be interpreted literally, at least when it comes to the establishment of religious practice. It is, therefore, hypocritical to insist that any other section of the Bible be interpreted literally while completely ignoring the clear instructions of another section.

jrbiz, Oct 29, 2019 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I disagree. It shouldn't be about one particular church. If we believe what the Bible says than it's very clear that when the judgement day comes the fact that you went to such and such church will make no difference. The question will be "Did you believe in Jesus Christ?" or as Romans 10:9 says: "If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." There's no way around that.

I don't think I asked you before, do you attend a Catholic church?

qwikad.com, Oct 29, 2019 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am a Catholic, not that it has any relevance to this discussion. My point was not about whether or not any particular religion or branch of religion is valid or who will be getting into Heaven.

My point was that people who quote the Bible as a literal construct (e.g., there are no women Disciples or mention of them as priests, so therefore the Bible "states" that women should not be ministers) are hypocritical if they start a Church or preach outside of Peter's domain because the Bible does not provide for that, either. Basically, if you base your principles on what is actually written in the Bible as being the literal words of God, you cannot pick and choose which of those words you follow and which you ignore.

It is not much different than when Liberals quote the Constitution for the parts that they like and state that it should be read literally, but then insist that it is a "living document" that must be interpreted by an activist judiciary when they don't like a particular section. It is blatant hypocrisy.

jrbiz, Oct 30, 2019 IP