1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FB Ad targeting

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Moor208, May 29, 2018.

I've been running ads on Facebook and haven't had much luck.

I'm looking for some feedback on who I should be targeting. My company transfer old analog home movies - VHS, VHS-C, 8mm tapes, etc. We transfer them to digital and DVD.

Currently I'm targeting men and women in the United States between 36-57 interested in family, family and relationtionships, family reunion, and home and garden.

Is my targeting hurting my ads? Should there be other interest I should be targeting?

Thanks for any help.

Moor208, May 29, 2018 IP
  2. Andrea Louise

Andrea Louise Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Try targeting ALL PARENTS in demographics. There's nothing wrong in adding as many interests as you can, because you'd snag many different kinds of viewers that way. I do that in my ads and they work great so far.

Andrea Louise, Jun 1, 2018 IP
  3. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try removing interest target in your ads set. Sometimes these interests are not exact.

daica85, Jun 7, 2018 IP
  4. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Same, Never had much luck with FB but i'm sure that does not go for everyone, I think i just need a better understanding in using it!

Best Regards

phplduser, Jun 7, 2018 IP
  5. MikeThomas100

MikeThomas100 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would recommend using Facebook pixel app to simplify your work and target your potential customers. I am using the Trackify app in my Shopify store to target the right audience and it works fine.

MikeThomas100, Dec 24, 2018 IP
  6. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It can be used if you have a website. Many people run FB Ads for their business without a website. They sell mainly on FB platform.

daica85, Dec 27, 2018 IP
  7. eliasjaxson00010

eliasjaxson00010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Now with trackify X you can create catalogs which automatically syncs with event data on a daily basis, which then can be used for Facebook retargeting ads (DPA). Trackify can make your life easier. With Trackify X’s advanced audience builder, you can build and create highly targeted custom and look-a-like audiences up to 20% based on proprietary custom pixel events and custom event parameters. This allows you to create deep custom audiences, collect niche tracking data, collection tracking data, date and time data. There is a lot that Trackify X offer - https://eraofecom.org/trackify-x-shopifys-number-1facebook-pixel-app/

eliasjaxson00010, Jun 27, 2019 IP
  8. spencer audrey

spencer audrey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just dont have facebook anymore it became so old i guess

spencer audrey, Jul 14, 2019 IP
  9. AlexanderA1227

AlexanderA1227 Peon

Best Answers:
    Because of the target group that you have, Facebook is probably the only social media you can use, since the statistics show that most people older than 35 only use Facebook.

You should target specific areas that you find are more prone to buy this kind of product, or just target people that liked or have interested in this kind of niche.

You dont have to target family, rather target friend and "look-alike" audience

AlexanderA1227, Jul 15, 2019 IP
  10. Andrea Louise

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There are countries that use facebook more than any other social media platform. you can try targeting those countries.

Andrea Louise, Jul 17, 2019 IP
  11. tanikacampos

tanikacampos Banned

Best Answers:
    It’s no secret that Facebook isn’t the most transparent corporation in the world. But in an effort to be more transparent, they have unveiled a new “Info and Ads” tool for Facebook users. The tool wasn’t intended to be used for market research, but it sure does come in handy. There are some other pros to this “info and ads” tool we haven’t mentioned yet. It’s completely free and you can unleash all of your competitors' secrets with the touch of a button.

tanikacampos, Oct 26, 2019 IP
  12. Andrea Louise

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Can you please elaborate on how to "unleash" your competitors' secrets with the Info and Ads tool?

Andrea Louise, Oct 26, 2019 IP
  13. tanikacampos

tanikacampos Banned

Best Answers:

It’s easier than you think, we promise. Not to mention that it’s also free.
    The first step is to navigate to the competitors' page you want to spy on. On the left side of the page, find the button: “Info and Ads” which is where you can find out everything you need to know about your competitors' Facebook Ads. Crazy, I know. This tool exists to give users the opportunity to see the “active ads” a brand has running, but we can use it for our own marketing research.

tanikacampos, Oct 27, 2019 IP
  14. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is a very tough service to sell. How many people still have VHS tapes?
    May be its not the demographic and ad targetting, may be its the product/service itself...

I think you'd be better on twitter. Run ads, pay when people follow your twitter account.
    Anyone not interested in this service will not follow you, you don't pay twitter...
    There are other types of ads also which you can run on twitter, like pay when there is a retweet, pay when there is a like etc.
    Or you can use google adwords, with very targetted keywords.

Basically, you need to find ad mediums where you only pay if someone really interested in this type of service visits your website, or else not...
    Not many people would be interested in this service...

JEET, Oct 27, 2019 IP