1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ideas for tech blogs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by newbie191, Oct 19, 2019.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    They have hired a staff of firmware developers and also mobile/web developers and have trained them and managed them so that they work together as a team to produce IoT solutions that feature connectivity and security.

jrbiz, Oct 23, 2019 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that they go on your feet.;) *they help older people to walk

This is *General Chat* forum. My understanding is that we are allowed on this forum only....to post anything our hearts desire. Chat means to me that we can "chatter" and get away with it. It is precisely due to this that side conversations evolve and take on a life of their own.

I am grateful that most of the time the mods allow us total freedom on *General Chat*. Not always which I find curious, but most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2019
    Spoiltdiva, Oct 23, 2019 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My comment was more about how it might turn into an interesting series of topics regarding the age and related experiences of various technical types and, in fact, how relevant it could be to the thread. ;)

jrbiz, Oct 23, 2019 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You are a very good communicator and I 100% got your meaning. I just wanted a chance to encourage the mod(s) to keep allowing side conversations/topics, to organically grow on these *General Chat* threads. I have a strong aversion to the *Off Topic* hammer coming down as it occasionally does, on this particular forum.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 23, 2019 IP
    JoeSpirit, sarahk and jrbiz like this.
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I review lots of "tech blogs" here that are little more than regurgitated info gleaned from google searches and high profile tech sites. The coders aren't coding and the hardware blogs are talking about kit they've never actually used.

If you want to create a genuinely good tech blog you know your niche inside out, you research the latest issues causing problems, you find ways to bend it to do something unexpected. It takes time to set up performance or seo experiments and run them enough to have meaningful conclusions. And then you have to write.

Even beginner content takes work. You have to understand the words they'll use when searching for their answers on stuff like should I use if ($a == $b? $c=true : $b = false); Then you have to explain about human readability, speed, and gotchas. If possible you'll provide sample code - or links to your own tests.

If it's a hardware tech blog you have to show how in Setup A it's fine, but in Setup B it's better/worse.

If you're able to do all that quickly then I'm damn impressed.

sarahk, Oct 23, 2019 IP
    jrbiz and JoeSpirit like this.
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think part of the consistency concept is that your loyal followers come to know your posting schedule and visit your site at times when they expect new information to appear.

JoeSpirit, Oct 24, 2019 IP
  7. ashleyow

ashleyow Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The more boring content you have - the less followers you get

ashleyow, Oct 24, 2019 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  8. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can't argue that.

JoeSpirit, Oct 24, 2019 IP
  9. Mike2718

Mike2718 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Quora can be a good source of ideas. You can see what are the most popular questions, read the answers and write articles based on this.
    Number two is Reddit which is also very useful. Look for the viral topics. I know, some people even create youtube videos based on top reddit topics.

Mike2718, Nov 18, 2019 IP
  10. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Me personally, I would get the future predictions for the tech you are writing about. Use next year (2020) in your next search at your favorite search engine.

Blue Star Ent., Dec 1, 2019 IP
  11. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on the purpose of the article - as well as the niche. Are you writing it for a tech section on your blog, or is the entire blog about technology period? Is the article going to be displayed in plain-text or will it be formatted for marketing? Is article page static or dynamic? Will there be banner ads around it? Is it original content or reworked copy? The purpose of the article should be established prior to ever composing it. Is it persuasive, educational, research-based, timely, authoritative, unbiased - or just sales copy fluff to fill your blog pages with? I hope this helps? Article purpose brainstorming before writing aids in the process of choosing a topic selection that you would like the article to present on your blog.

davilama2682, Dec 1, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. jonlihares

jonlihares Member

Best Answers:
    Tesla could be a good tech blog nowadays

For the likes of us bloggers, Tesla released their first ever model of a truck called "Cybertruck". It could be a great standing point for various topics such as is parts, components, and hidden feats.

jonlihares, Dec 2, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    So, after reading all the replies what conclusion have you come to? What's your go-to method when it comes to writing articles?

qwikad.com, Jan 10, 2020 IP