1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Host with PHP disabled

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by dorel, Oct 22, 2019.

Hello,

I'm looking for a hosting package with PHP disabled completely (I have my own reasons). Do you know such hosting? I have been advised to buy VPS hosting and then ask the hosting company do disable PHP, but VPS is too costly for me right now.

dorel, Oct 22, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I guess you have to decide how big a problem it is if php is enabled. Cheap hosting with compromise versus expensive hosting just the way you want it.

sarahk, Oct 23, 2019 IP
  3. bountysite

bountysite Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are not going to use PHP, then you dont need to worry if the Hosting server as PHP enabled or disabled.
    If you are worried that a neighbor site gets infected and can spread infection to your site, then ask your provider if they protect against Cross Site Contamination, for which most vendors use CloudLinux.

bountysite, Oct 23, 2019 IP
  4. dorel

dorel Member

Best Answers:
    It is not because of security. I have other reasons why I want it to be disabled. anyway if not possible, I would like advice for good, reliable and cheap VPS hosting and also with no root access.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    dorel, Oct 23, 2019 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Is it even possible to find a legit hosting provider that doesn't support php? I know https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/ doesn't allow .htaccess but they do support php languages.

qwikad.com, Oct 23, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Can't you just ignore it? If you don't use it then it might as well not be there.

sarahk, Oct 23, 2019 IP