1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does any one know about Instagram DMs marketing?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by lindarossi, Sep 23, 2019.

We are going to promote a brand through social media and we found some strategies. Influncer marketing is one of them, but I was wondering if I could use DMs to promote a brand. Is there any one who have seen these things? or any ideas or experiences? Thank you in advance!

lindarossi, Sep 23, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There's a jewellery brand in Florida who has been doing it for years. They contacted my daughter a few years ago. She was quite excited about being an "brand ambassador" until she sat down and worked out the time versus reward ratio.

sarahk, Sep 23, 2019 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You can't stop there. How did it happen? How did they even find someone in NZ to do that? Interesting.

qwikad.com, Sep 23, 2019 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We did stop there - she was better off getting a real job.

They found her because she has a strong Instagram presence - not strong enough to be an "influencer" who can push them around, but enough to drive online sales at no real cost to them.

sarahk, Sep 23, 2019 IP
  5. ellastien

ellastien Banned

Best Answers:
    Instagram is slipping into our DMs to invite people to be followed by us. Under some articles delivered through Instagram messaging, then a panel will load containing accounts, Instagram supported to Mashable. The people on message will likely probably be arbitrary or the person which you just followed.

ellastien, Sep 29, 2019 IP
  6. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use DMs to set a good brand reputation by welcoming new followers and sending them a personalized message. You can also use DMs to promote your content but that might be a little too much. Reach out to influencers through a personal account and present your strategies to them in a friendly and effective manner.

Sam Sabir, Apr 30, 2020 IP
  7. Marketing_Master

Marketing_Master Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We used to have a fashion brand where we did this, contacting people via DMs for free products. It works great if you have interesting, visually attractive products!

Marketing_Master, May 17, 2020 IP
  8. Jharding215

Jharding215 Peon

Best Answers:
    The best approach to marketing through DMs is to act like you're your customer's friend. Establish a personal relationship and have them promote your products for you. That's the ambassador route done right.

Another option is pay for marketing with the assistance of someone who understands the back end of facebook advertising.

Jharding215, May 21, 2020 IP
  9. Descard

Descard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I follow several artists by strangers send me DM, something good it have. Instagram penalize this if it is done massively?

A popular strategy in influencer marketing (in this case models) is show 3 clothes photos and the finish one is the model wearing it. Some people find it bad that the model pass a bikini photo directly or it can cause terrible misunderstandings. xD

Descard, May 23, 2020 IP
  10. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it can work but not if you send a direct link .You should develop a relationship with people

Spartan14, May 24, 2020 IP