1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about steeling content

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by [GV]AnarchY, Sep 3, 2019.

I have a site that ranks and I notice sometimes that below the main results when i type in various keywords I target that their will be a title and meta description that is using content from one of the pages on my site.

I understand what they are doing to drive traffic but my question is how are they using my page title and description but when you go to the site none of that info is even on the page i'm sent to.

Some type of scraper tool? How can someone use my pages content have my information in title and description on a google search result and then mislead people to into clicking and show them a completely dif page/ad for a completely dif service or site that isn't even related to my website.

Sorry if I sound stupid. I'm familiar with scrapers and stuff but it looks to me like they are somehow like automatically changing their title and descritions/keyword targeting based off of what someone types in google search and then sending people to page that is completely unrelated.

Attached is a screenshot of an example result. but when you click the link in the source the content/keywords isn't mentioned and it brings you to some like dating site ad lol. That information in description and tile is from one of the pages on my site.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    [GV]AnarchY, Sep 3, 2019 IP
  2. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like Cloaking. A blackhat technique that receives severe penalties if caught by Google. You can Google it for more info, but it is basically when you present search engines with one page and deliver a different page when clicked on to the visitor.

Oso Optimized, Sep 3, 2019 IP
  3. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will have better luck if you post it in the Google's product forum.

mrb1129, Sep 3, 2019 IP
  4. khalil5172

khalil5172 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may contact google forum for better solution. The reason could be mirroring your site title and description by using third party SEO tools.

khalil5172, Sep 3, 2019 IP
  5. [GV]AnarchY

[GV]AnarchY Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. And yes I probably will head over there.

[GV]AnarchY, Sep 9, 2019 IP