1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Attn. Copywriters - Does Anyone Have Professional Liability Insurance?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Julie Stoller, Aug 30, 2019.

An agency I write for (freelance, remote) is now requiring professional liability insurance for all their writers (otherwise known as E+O - errors and omissions insurance). This is a very specialized form of insurance for freelancers and I'm having a very hard time finding an insurance company that offers it to writers/copywriters. One (Hiscox) insures pretty much every freelance worker imaginable (i.e. acupunture services) except writers. I've been working for this company for nearly 7 years and they're my main client. Can anyone help? Thanks very much.

Julie Stoller, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Do you realize that this is an international site? How on earth are we supposed to know where you are from? It's difficult to help you due to lack of information.
    I shouldn't even bother...but if you are in Canada go with Zensurance, if you are in the U.K. you can go with Trushield. I believe (not 100% sure) that Creativerisksolutions insure Americans, that also would hold true for Tricountyinsurance.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  3. Julie Stoller

Julie Stoller Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm so sorry. I should have looked at this forum more closely before posting. Yes, I'm in the U.S., East Coast. Thank you so much for responding. I will definitely look into the two companies you mention.

Julie Stoller, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Pas un problem chere. You are polite you'll do well here, welcome to DP.:)

Spoiltdiva, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  5. Julie Stoller

Julie Stoller Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Spoiltdiva. For any other writers in a similar situation, Creative Risk Solutions seems to focus on handling existing claims, rather than providing professional liability (E+O) insurance. Tri County Insurance (tcinsure.com) does indeed offer E+O insurance, but only for those in Woodland Hills CA, Los Angeles county CA and surrounding areas. Hiscox offers E+O insurance, but not for writers (although they accept digital marketing agencies that employ writers). American Family Insurance - Small Business Insurance (amfambusinessinsurance.com) apparently offers it, but if you try to request a quote online and choose your industry, neither writer nor copywriter is listed. The closest thing is marketing consulting. If you call them, the message says "speak to a local agent." No human to talk to. I've emailed and am awaiting a response. Sorry for this long, sad saga. I need to get this insurance or lose a primary source of income, and I want to share the info. so other writers can have an easier time of it, should they find themselves in similar circumstances! Thanks, everybody.

Julie Stoller, Aug 31, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    This is very useful information. Keep us posted as to what your decision is as to an insurer, providing you find one of course.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 31, 2019 IP