1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sick and tired of Iphone for the following reasons

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dess71, Aug 29, 2019.

After my Samsung Note 3 was broken I owned Iphone 6 & I faced several frustrations which two are the most devastating:

1. My friends with other mobile brands (even old models) are connected to wifi while my Iphone shows no sign of signal.

2. I need to restart my iphone when I try to charge my Iphone 6. I tried several things after watching Youtube videos to no avail.

In short Iphone truly sucks!!!

dess71, Aug 29, 2019 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Never used an iPhone. Have been a Droid phone user from the beginning (had many cellphones before the smartphone revolution, of course.) Currently use Samsung models and am pretty much satisfied with them. Just bought my son the new Samsung S10 Plus and he loves it.

jrbiz, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  3. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree Samsung is the best. I had no issue with it before it was broken. Iphone is totally different story. But maybe some people love it. This is but my personal opinion based on my observation.

dess71, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Those things aren't normal. It's years since I had an iPhone 6 but it worked just fine.

I'm currently using a recently refurbished Samsung Galaxy 8 and a dying iPhone 7 - and the iPhone outperforms on everything except battery life which is no great surprise. I have facebook messenger on both phones, attached to the same facebook account, I get notifications significantly earlier on the iPhone. I play TWDOW on both and the iPhone loads the battles significantly faster.

There are loads of reasons to prefer one over the other, but #1 doesn't seem like a deal-breaker to me, and #2 is a problem with your phone.

sarahk, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I try to convince my wife to get an iPhone. She has a ton of pics and apps in her current phone and it can't quite handle that (very slow, needs to charge the battery 2-3 times a day).

qwikad.com, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  6. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is why the #1 case is a deal breaker. Imagine everyone enjoying WIFI even those having old models which cost very very less. How do yo feel when you don’t even have that WIFI in the list?

To add another problem, sometimes it wouldn’t connect to WIFI for “wrong password” when I am 100% sure that I have it filled correctly. Never heard this issue with other brands. You can check this issue with Google.

One more issue. There is no way I can save videos or audios on my device. And then I can’t transfer files from my pc to Iphone. Maybe this is possible with itunes desktop software. But why all this hassle??

dess71, Sep 1, 2019 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your desire to be an authority on the Android versus Apple debate seems a bit premature.

I guess I'm lucky, mobile data is relatively cheap and using wifi away from home is a bonus, not a necessity. I have a 22GB plan that I share with my 2 kids and that seems to do the trick.

Because you're using an iPhone 6 any opinions, however valid they may be, have a limited audience. Anyone still using a phone even older than that at this stage is unlikely to be looking for reviews when they finally upgrade to an equally out of date phone. That said, my daughter bought an iPhone 6 yesterday as a backup phone for work and paid about 10% of the RRP of a new iPhone.

As for not being able to save videos or audios on your device - you too should use google. Either to search for info, or just to use Google Drive, Google photos etc. For quick transfers, there are any number of apps you probably use every day like fb messenger, telegram, and slack that allow you to send attachments to yourself on one device and access them on another.

Far from being an authority on the Android versus Apple debate, you appear to be a bit of a tech newbie.

sarahk, Sep 1, 2019 IP
  8. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not debating just writing my inconveniences when I shift from using Samsung Note 3 to Iphone 6.

I am not a tech newbie but find it hard to understand why Iphone do not fix the simplest things like the back button. Now I have to stretch my finger to the top to go back which sometimes Makes my phone fall from my hands which can crack the screen.

I remembered now how my Iphone stopped working. As I was getting up from a chair, the Iphone fell from my gown pocket and guess what? It died (the screen was not broken) Now I have to change the screen to start using it again. Where as The Sony mobile I used to have fell several times and nothing happened.

A friend of mine bought an Iphone recently and he told me that he is not satisfied for several reasons.

Lastly By default Iphone uploads all your photos and videos to Icloud and saves a very low quality images on your phone. This by itself is nice but this is the problem. To access these files you need to have good connection which I don’t usually have or it is costy if I use data. I have several videos and images which I can’t access. This doesn’t feel good at all. Iphone by default should not do that IMHO. Of course now I have disabled this feature now.

dess71, Sep 2, 2019 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What app is that happening on?

sarahk, Sep 3, 2019 IP
  10. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SMS, Photos, Facebook back button is at the top too but there is a home button at the buttom which can act as the back button. Of course this is not Iphone’s App.

There is a floating home button for Iphone which can be enabled but it acts a bit different.

dess71, Sep 3, 2019 IP