1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What makes a good homepage?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by romiebranham, Aug 27, 2019.

Hello,
    I am here for some tips, please anyone suggest some tips to improve homepage presence?

romiebranham, Aug 27, 2019 IP
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by 'some tips'??? It can be anything.

Give us some more information about what's it about?

mrb1129, Aug 27, 2019 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Proper html markup
    Clear navigation
    Enough content to give the bots an idea of what your site is about

It's more important that humans see a site that meets their expectations

sarahk, Aug 27, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  4. lightningmat

lightningmat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Optimization, crucial to keep it updated and simple, it should load fast and be opitimized for mobile version.

lightningmat, Aug 27, 2019 IP
  5. harleynash

harleynash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try to check in app sites ,maybe you will find good app for this.

harleynash, Aug 28, 2019 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    An app that gives advice on homepage seo?
    That would be better than getting advice from people?

sarahk, Aug 28, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you seriously think that this guys wrote something after reading what OP asked?:p

mrb1129, Aug 28, 2019 IP
    JEET and sarahk like this.
  8. aamaralynch

aamaralynch Peon

Best Answers:
    overall website pice of information should be available on the home page sections wise with user-friendly content which will help to getting leads and ranks in search engine.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    aamaralynch, Aug 30, 2019 IP
  9. irenegen

irenegen Peon

Best Answers:
    Ideally, your homepage needs to do three things: Introduce and provide visitors a very clear sense of your own brand. Provide visitors with clear paths to pages on your site. Be memorable (exceptional design, a catchy logo, or a general appealing look)

irenegen, Sep 1, 2019 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  10. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good home page should be simple but attractive, don't try to cram everything in one page, like I see some sites doing, keep it simple for fast loading ability.

You want a simple overview of what your site is about then clear navigational structure to then go to the pages/services of interest.

Ensure the sites coded to a good standard to also help with loading times and is responsive so your site will work well on all devises.

johneva, Sep 2, 2019 IP
  11. aamaralynch

aamaralynch Peon

Best Answers:
    It is true home page must be simple and attractive means that user-friendly but I do not agree with your statement "don't try to cram everything in one page" because home page describes overall website structure due to should be each important service or products must exist on the home page due to visitors easily get it.

aamaralynch, Sep 2, 2019 IP
  12. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I mean is I often see long home pages with maps of the business location, testimonials/reviews, projects they have done plus all the services they offer all on the home page.

Where some of these items can easily be on other pages, map of location really belongs on a contact us page. Testimonials/Reviews can have its own page and short versions on product pages. Projects should really have a dedicated page with small reference on product pages, in some cases just a link to the projects page.

Home page should really just look good and give a summary of what your company/website actually does with brief description of services. Pretty much anything else belongs on a different page

johneva, Sep 2, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  13. nilpotter

nilpotter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Introductive content which so informative
    Some attractive image
    Set at least 5 button-like as about us, contact and so on.

nilpotter, Sep 21, 2019 IP
  14. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    To me it's speed. If I come to your page and it looks all cool but I have to wait 5+ seconds for things to load up forget about it, I'll be gone. On the other hand even if your site looks like it was built in the 90's but it loads fast I may still stick around.

qwikad.com, Sep 22, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  15. ahmansoor

ahmansoor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Quality content, user experience/ design, speed, clear navigation etc. etc.

ahmansoor, Sep 27, 2019 IP
  16. john cann

john cann Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

The homepage is that the page that usually gets the foremost attention from style groups. tons of your time and energy is spent on perfecting each its visual style and content — rather more than for the other page on the web site.

There ar 2 widespread misconceptions regarding homepages:

The homepage creates the primary impression.
    The homepage gets the foremost views, therefore it’s the foremost necessary page on a web site.
    the entry purpose page users or designers need to make a positive 1st impression and supply a user with all the necessary data a few product or business right from the beginning, they pay in numerous hours perfecting the homepage.

While the homepage may well be the foremost viewed page on your web site, that doesn’t mechanically mean you ought to pay all of your time on its improvement.

There’s one crucial reason for this — the homepage is simply a step within the user journey, it’s not a final destination for users. The role of a homepage during a user’s journey is analogous to a edifice lobby. The lobby is a necessary a part of each edifice however not the place guests need to mention. individuals don’t come back to a edifice to remain within the lobby — they need to remain during a space. Similarly, most of the time individuals pay on websites isn't on the homepage.

The homepage will lead them to the present data — it is a launching pad launchpad launch pad launch are pad platform for everything users are progressing to do on the web site. however don’t expect to win individuals over simply with the homepage. confine mind that the homepage is simply one step in your user’s journey and it’s essential to urge individuals off the homepage as quick as you can!

I Hope you enjoyed this.

john cann, Sep 28, 2019 IP
  17. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It would have been more enjoyable if you hadn't spun it into a load of unreadable nonsense.

malky66, Sep 28, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  18. seocorporation

seocorporation Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure what kind of tips will serve your purpose as I am not sure whether you need SEO tips to improve ranking of home page, or tips to increase the speed or improve user experience. Since you mentioned that you want to improve home page presence, I guess it is regarding improving the visibility on search engines. I might be right as well as wrong.

If you want tips to improve SEO then you can tools like diib, SEMrush etc to do an Audit of your website and get recommendations.

You can also SEOprofiler where you can go in the optimize webpages section ( left hand side menu) and put the keywords for which you want to improve your presence and you will get a list of on page and off page recommendations. It works. I run an SEO company and we use it for our clients and ourselves and it works but there are plenty of other tools as well.
    If you want to improve the speed, you can use Google pageSpeed Insight or Gtmatrix and implement the recommendation to improve speed.
    If you want to improve presence by re-planning the content, then you can refer to this video of Rand Fishkin : youtube . com/watch?v=wiKM8lPj-sQ

seocorporation, Oct 2, 2019 IP
  19. Shams Alam Khan

Shams Alam Khan Peon

Best Answers:
    Few Things:

1. Title
    2. Meta Description or Short Description
    3. Ease Navigation
    4. Visible categories
    5. Soothing Image and Video Contents
    6. Good Design

Shams Alam Khan, May 1, 2020 IP