1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should webmasters protect their content from Google?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Luisa Gruber, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Luisa Gruber

Luisa Gruber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your support here.
    Greeting Luisa

Luisa Gruber, Aug 23, 2019 IP
  2. jose

jose Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as Images search is concerned, you will lose only an insignificant number of visitors (since the bulk of Google Image users have everything they need on the google result page and do not visit the source site); however, you considerably reduce the fraudulent copies of your pictures (because Images at Google are shown without the related copyright terms and they are then copied extensively).

So, all together, the change is positive.

jose, Aug 25, 2019 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No, the change would be catastrophic, not "positive," if I hid my pages from Google. The last 3 months (per my Google Search Console) I received 95,000 clicks on the webpages and 22 clicks on images. Images are meaningless in this discussion.

And lest we forget, the original poster was speaking about should she "protect their content from Google ... [if] my content were not found on Google" [quote from the original post]. If I could protect my content from Google so that they could not find it, I would have lost 95,000 clicks the last 3 months on my webpages. This would be suicide to a website. Please answer this: if you somehow exclude Google from your website, where do you plan to get your traffic?

Jim4767, Aug 30, 2019 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  4. Luisa Gruber

Luisa Gruber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You already mentioned your organic traffic numbers.
    My question to you was, how high your click through rates are, compared to the last 5 years with the same visibility.

How did you do it before Google existed?

Luisa Gruber, Sep 2, 2019 IP
  5. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Irrelevant. Google was already operating for 6 years before I started my website 15 years ago. I'll just respectfully check out of this thread. We are seeing things quite differently, so let's each just go our ways with mutual respect.

Jim4767, Sep 2, 2019 IP
  6. Luisa Gruber

Luisa Gruber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can live with that.
    Greetings Luisa

Luisa Gruber, Sep 18, 2019 IP