1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do you write when you're not in the mood?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Spoiltdiva, Mar 23, 2012.

1. webbp0int

webbp0int Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely just start writing, I usually start writing and it is full of scattered words which in an hour or few become nice paragraphs and eventually articles.

webbp0int, May 6, 2019 IP
  2. zainsultan

zainsultan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Simply Guests posting ..

zainsultan, May 6, 2019 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If that is the case you would have a problem if you were under contract as I was for an advertising firm. When we were presented with projects, we had to write whether we were in the mood or not. And if you have clientele who need content and you tell them, "sorry but I'm just not in the mood to write" then goodbye client and good bye livelihood.

@RobertRay while difficult it's not "impossible" to write "something interesting" when not in the mood to write. Because it is possible, this thread hopefully gives us all tips in how to accomplish this.

@webbp0int well that is better than throwing in the towel.

@zainsultan I have covered the idea of guest posting on a recent post. (post #745)

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Spoiltdiva, May 6, 2019 IP
  4. MJ Web Services

MJ Web Services Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a very difficult question. I am kind of facing this problem right now. I have to submit an order of 12000 words but do not have the right mood to start writing. It is stressing me up. Normally, in these conditions, I just sleep at once, and after waking up, try to make some nice move.

MJ Web Services, May 15, 2019 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    This is a very long thread. But try going all through it page by page, may take you a week or so. But there has to be some ideas/tips here that will help to you get in the mood to write.

Be sure to check in and let us all know how it is going with this 12,000 word order you have.

Spoiltdiva, May 15, 2019 IP
  6. MJ Web Services

MJ Web Services Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your polite response. Actually, these are 4 SEO articles (3000 words each) regarding wedding rings namely; moissanite engagement ring, custom wedding ring, custom engagement ring, and custom pendant. I have 3 days to go. Just completed 2 articles, but still lacking 700 words for moissanite engagement ring. The matter I found on Google is almost the same which I have managed to write. It is very burdensome to complete the rest content. Actually, I am not finding enough information on Google that could help me make an outline to divide 3000 words over an article.

MJ Web Services, May 16, 2019 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going. As a sword is strengthened when tempered in the fire, this ordeal will in the end make you a better writer.

Spoiltdiva, May 16, 2019 IP
  8. MJ Web Services

MJ Web Services Peon

Best Answers:
    :)

MJ Web Services, May 16, 2019 IP
  9. DriKe

DriKe Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say either distract yourself from it, do something else. Like take a walk or color your coloring book... Or I know people who push themselves to do that. It works best for them. Whenever theyre not in a mood, they just make themselves to do it.. I dont really know if its healthy, but like they say it helps them.

DriKe, Jul 10, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    ^^^Very nicely put, I like it. I never heard it put like that before, mind if I use it?:)

Spoiltdiva, Jul 10, 2019 IP
  11. DriKe

DriKe Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, sure :) use it if you need to :)

DriKe, Jul 10, 2019 IP
  12. Lisa McCoy

Lisa McCoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Music really helps me write when i am not in the zone.
    I look at the mood that i want to create with my writing and just play something which mimics that mood too.

Lisa McCoy, Aug 1, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Rock: for long articles
    Folk: when a philosophical article is required
    Classical: when you are trying to sell something expensive
    Jazz: when you don't give a damn and just want to get paid.;)

Spoiltdiva, Aug 2, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  14. OwantedO

OwantedO Peon

Best Answers:
    I don’t know how the others are, but I’m too lazy to write something myself. 21 century - the age of technology. There are sites that provide services for writing essays, articles, etc. Personally, based on my personal experience, I have a good opinion about Affordable-Papers. Good value for money. If you are interested, follow their news.

OwantedO, Aug 6, 2019 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Understood, and that is what writers were put on the earth for. Occasionally these writers develop writers block and that is what this thread is all about.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 6, 2019 IP
  16. digitalbrunette

digitalbrunette Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use music to change my mood. Music is a great positive mood enhancer + do some exercise and it helps me get into the mood to write say to my list or my audience on Facebook :)

digitalbrunette, Aug 23, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Yes I concur, I have used this and it does indeed work.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 23, 2019 IP
  18. Dreamify

Dreamify Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that the most difficult part is to write the first couple of sentences. An approach that has worked for me in times of writers block, is to set an alarm/short deadline to put pressure on myself. 10 minutes may be a good time frame. This might not work for everyone, but for me, it helps to create a deadline just to get the creative flow started. Another tip is to lower your demands and expectations on yourself (Eliminate self talk such as "Every word has to be perfect"). Just start writing without over-thinking for a minute or two to get the juice going. Build a little momentum and then you'll see it'll get easier from there.

Please feel free to reach out to me on Linkedin if you want more advise on copywriting. Would love to help you out!

Dreamify, Oct 19, 2019 IP
  19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    This flies in the face of what I used to teach the new young writers that my former ad agency used to hire. I am a type A perfectionist that really enjoyed/enjoys proof reading, correcting, demanding, top notch content each and every time.

Spoiltdiva, Oct 19, 2019 IP
    Matthew Sayle likes this.
  20. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why in hell should I or anyone else LOWER our standards? If everyone did that, we would soon be UNABLE to communicate. Unambiguous communication REQUIRES PRECISION defined by HIGH STANDARDS.

Just look at DP. VERY FEW WRITERS hereon adhere to any standards whatsoever and as a result many posts are nothing more than dumping words in a BLENDER before putting them RANDOMLY in the post. That is NOT communication. That is SPAM.

mmerlinn, Oct 21, 2019 IP