1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Finally $1k day on Shopify! Let's all share tactics, tips, etc'...

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Alex Becker, Aug 20, 2019.

Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while but never really posted anything (never had an account to begin with). The advice here is great, there is a good ratio between technical/mindset advice.

I thought about opening a discussion where we could all share some tips/advice (what to avoid, what works/doesn't, technical advice, etc') to help each other on our journey.

I'll start. Here is the biggest lesson I learned, which frankly I wish I knew when I got in the game 9 months ago.

DO YOUR COMPETITIVE RESEARCH! One of the fastest paths to success in my opinion; yet so many people neglect it because it's too tedious/time consuming.

Conducting audience and competitor research prior to launching ones store, is probably one of the most effective and efficient ways of ensuring one have a solid start, especially if funding is an issue. The problem most new folks have when it comes to dropshipping or picking a product in general, is that they lack solid footing in their new business and the market they've decided to get into.

Every once in a while, some might find that magic untapped niche, and subsequently makes some amount of money from it. They earn from it, and then they lose it, because other vultures will undercut them, or steal from them. Then the whole thing repeats over and over. It's one long grind of earning enough to survive, until they strike it lucky with an undiscovered niche. That's not running a business though, that's just gambling.

Let's get the discussion going!

What are the 2 things you wish you knew when you just started? What type of problems are you facing with on a daily basis right now? How are you solving them? What are your biggest obstacles right now?

Cheers,

Alexander

Alex Becker, Aug 20, 2019 IP
  2. Ruobing Li

Ruobing Li Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is very important to find the right supplier,https://www.easygull.com/ is a new supplier I recently found. They can help me buy from China and send directly to my customers,has anyone heard of this service?what do you think about it?

Ruobing Li, Jan 16, 2020 IP
  3. BryanH

BryanH Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you evaluate audience and competition? How do you determine when the market has the right level of saturation?
    If there's no competition, there's usually not enough of a market to be profitable without enormous ad spend, but I haven't seen a clear explanation anywhere on how to evaluate that.

BryanH, Nov 8, 2020 IP