1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by conavo, May 11, 2019.

Hello, I would like to start with email marketing and got a question right away.

As a bribe I have 3 tips for problems in my niche if they put in name and email. Should my firsts email be thanking them and introducing myself or the 3 tips they have put their info for in?

conavo, May 11, 2019 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I would include both in the same email. Are you planning to continue further emails to respondents? If so I advise you to include an opt in link before sending out any further emails. Nothing maddens me more than find my email on another person's spam list.

Smyrl, May 11, 2019 IP
  3. conavo

conavo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, thanks for posting.

So in my first email, do you suggest me to first introduce myself, tell about what Im trying to solve and give the 3 tips they signed up and at the end say something like if they want to continue receiving emails to opt in (again?). I am probably wrong, please let me know :)

conavo, May 11, 2019 IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well its simple in the first email put your 3 tips and also introduce yourself who you are and how you will help your audience

Spartan14, May 12, 2019 IP
  5. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's helpful in your welcome/tip delivery email (that first one) to also tell them what type of information your future messages will contain and also how often they can expect to hear from you.

JoeSpirit, May 13, 2019 IP
  6. p0werB0

p0werB0 Peon

Best Answers:
    dont forget email ads, they are quite cheap and sometimes deliver great results if the targeting is set right

p0werB0, May 23, 2019 IP
  7. luckyd4r

luckyd4r Peon

Best Answers:
    You should introduce your self and provide the tips. It is bad if you send two separate emails, as well dont be afraid to write long emails, people do tend to read interesting newsletter.

luckyd4r, May 24, 2019 IP
  8. MatBerrows

MatBerrows Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I advise you not to write the big email, because people won't read it.
    And use max 3 links inside.

MatBerrows, May 24, 2019 IP
  9. OlehMirosh

OlehMirosh Peon

Best Answers:
    The whole new world in the field of internet marketing. Explore carefully all requirements of not getting spammed.

OlehMirosh, May 28, 2019 IP
  10. Autopilot34

Autopilot34 Member

Best Answers:
    It would be best to provide your subscribers with the 3 tips in the welcome email and keep it short and sweet, just tell them to keep an eye out for future tips and tricks.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Autopilot34, Jun 9, 2019 IP
  11. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    People will read your message no matter how long it is - IF you have something interesting to say.

JoeSpirit, Jun 12, 2019 IP
  12. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If I sign up for information I expect to get the damn information. So in one single email provide info on yourself, the 3 tips and anything else relative and resourceful. The last thing I want is an intro email following by additional emails of nonsense.

NetStar, Jun 23, 2019 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  13. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    One of the rules I learned during my studies of copywriting techniques is that a piece should be no longer than necessary to provide the information required to explain why the product should be purchased. And it should always be at least that long.

JoeSpirit, Jul 20, 2019 IP
  14. Jamie 123 brandfreedom

Jamie 123 brandfreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All,

I used to be a freelance copywriter but now work at brand freedom. Couple tips that will hopefully help:

-Cold email isn't dead- if done right it complies with GDPR and can be extremely effective
    - Follow up emails are KEY- I can't stress this enough! At least 30% of people won't even realise you sent the first email. Send another email 3 days later to check in. At a push I would recommend 3 follow up emails before things get spammy.
    -Keep it short- nobody reads essays! Grab their attention instantly and make them curious
    -Focus on benefits tailored to them
    -Send emails out GRADUALLY- if you send 50 emails out a day, you WILL get blacklisted
    -Use linkedin to help find and build your GDPR compliant email list

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2019
    Jamie 123 brandfreedom, Aug 7, 2019 IP
  15. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Things immediately get spammy when you send the first email to someone who hasn't subscribed to you or is expecting a message from you. That's spam. 3 emails in one week is VERY spammy especially when you have not asked for the solicitation. You may need to refresh your knowledge of what is spam. Also, 30% of people won't even realize you send the first email because they receive so much junk email from spammers like yourself.

Think of it this way... No one these days do door to door sales. If someone knocked on your door right now to offer you a deal on a vacuum cleaner you most likely would do two things 1) decline 2) stand there confused as to why this stranger selected your house. If this happened 50 times a day you would simply stop answering the front door and you absolutely wouldn't remember the guy from 75 knocks ago. His return most likely would NOT get a "vacuum cleaner? I'll take TWO!".

NetStar, Aug 9, 2019 IP
  16. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    Except Jehovah's Witness...

JoeSpirit, Aug 10, 2019 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Have you heard this one?
    Why don't Jehovah Witnesses celebrate Halloween?
    Answer: They don't like strangers knocking on their doors.;)

Spoiltdiva, Aug 10, 2019 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  18. digitalbrunette

digitalbrunette Greenhorn

Best Answers:

You really need to get a copy of DotCom Secrets by one of the best entrepreneurs in the world right now, Russell Brunson. It's a free book (just cover shipping). I would say the info in there is worth $1K or more.

One of the first things he covers is how to email your list as soon as they have opted in. He talks about the Attractive Character and how to infuse your attractive personality into your emails so that your audience can bond with you and trust any future products or services you offer through email marketing.

There is also a chapter called the Soap Opera Sequence and he describes how to create a 5 day sequence in which you create open loops in each email to make your readers want to open your next email. He also uses examples so you can mimic his own.

Honestly, if you are new to how to email your list I recommend you get a copy just to skip the learning curve. I wish I had a copy of this book when I got started 5 years ago, would have saved me a lot of head banging LOL

digitalbrunette, Aug 24, 2019 IP
  19. digitalbrunette

digitalbrunette Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    HAHA good one Spoiltdiva :rolleyes:

digitalbrunette, Aug 24, 2019 IP
  20. nolimithero

nolimithero Peon

Best Answers:
    I think is one of the best ways to get some nice customers with a little period of time.
    A lot of people don't like it nowadays but it still works.
    I wrote a pretty big article about local lead generation here https://datarob.com/lead-generation-agency/ and can say that email marketing is a big part of every good strategy!

nolimithero, Aug 26, 2019 IP