1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Email deleted all my emails..

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by farhajr, May 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I worked with some guys who dug through a rubbish dump to retrieve a server that had info on it that that the Police needed.

Do you have any circumstances that would make Yahoo feel inclined to dig out 2-year-old back up tapes to possibly retrieve the emails? I don't know your circumstances but I suspect you'd have to be in law enforcement to get them to give a damn - assuming those tapes even exist.

sarahk, Jul 13, 2019 IP
  2. farhajr

farhajr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How am I suppose to do that..? Circumstances are:
    1) That the emails in it were like 15-19 Years old in it with all my data.
    2) They deleted it without giving me any warning or their caution note. and They yahoo had been known to keep all my previous emails.
    3) To let go along a long relation which had started like 19 years ago...
    ... and so on..

if, their is any way out; please share along..

farhajr, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Every time I'm hauled back to this thread I'm astounded that you neglected an email account for years but now claim it's so important.

There was nothing stopping you from downloading these important emails onto a PC using Outlook, Thunderbird etc but you chose not to.
    I'm confident that they would have sent you win-back messages if they had an alternate way of contacting you, that's normal business practice. Had you also abandoned those phone numbers and email addresses?

You need to get a lawyer and put forward a credible argument that you believe they hold your emails in some backup somewhere. Right now they can brush you off, you need to make them see that the legal bills of denying you the emails will be greater than the effort of finding them.

sarahk, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  4. rodrigobraz

rodrigobraz Peon

Best Answers:
    I am astounded that you are astounded. Not logging in to an email account for a year does not mean the account is being neglected. It just means they are not using it. Maybe they have a new email they are currently using but that does not mean the old emails are not important. Sure, it would have been best to backup it, but there is a reasonable assumption that they emails will not be deleted without AMPLE warning since email is important personal data. Besides, Yahoo did NOT make it easy to backup emails from their cloud service (it was really slow to do so). Yahoo had access to the emails and could easily verify that it covered several years, a sign that it was indeed important. A bank does not simply take your money if you don't use your account for longer than a year, and if they do they give you warning and send you your money. Other internet companies do not delete one's personal data so non-chalantly. Facebook for example keeps data of dead people, who obviously stopped using their accounts, sometimes for a very long time. It is a serious violation of trust, but obviously Yahoo thought it was worth it for them to do it, and it's their choice, but that doesn't mean it is not really lame of them to do it.

rodrigobraz, Aug 8, 2019 IP
    farhajr likes this.
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    In other words your deleted emails have NO value to anyone other than yourself. Unless you can PROVE value to Yahoo, they are HISTORY, and that is ASSUMING that Yahoo still has copies of them which I seriously doubt. Like WHY would Yahoo PAY to store emails that have NO VALUE to Yahoo?

Either sue Yahoo, or GIVE IT UP. Either way Shawn won't need to keep PAYING for hosting your continual whining.

mmerlinn, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Gosh, how long must an email account be unused before it can be considered abandoned?

sarahk, Aug 8, 2019 IP
  7. rodrigobraz

rodrigobraz Peon

Best Answers:
    Given the personal importance of email, probably several years, or even never. And even if deleted, then they should provide ample warning (like SMS since they have users' phone numbers), and keep a copy at cheaper storage (come on, storage is really cheap and the Internet Archive archives a lot of stuff forever) that can be brought back upon request. It's just common sense.

rodrigobraz, Aug 8, 2019 IP
    farhajr likes this.
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's also common sense to download important emails onto your own hard drive.

What has your lawyer said?

sarahk, Aug 9, 2019 IP
  9. rodrigobraz

rodrigobraz Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks like you're taking me to be the OP, but I am not. Cheers.

rodrigobraz, Aug 9, 2019 IP
  10. farhajr

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you and you raised really good points here. I wish if their is something you or some other member here can help me out here..
    Even if I sue them How do I do it?.. I do not live in the USA.

farhajr, Aug 9, 2019 IP
  11. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Aah, yep, sorry

Your business lawyer/family lawyer will be able to tell you how to go through with this.

sarahk, Aug 9, 2019 IP
  12. farhajr

Best Answers:
    NO, I dont have any lawyer here .. neither my family knows of any. Can you tell me some other alternative on dealing with Yahoo. Maybe like suing them directly or sending them email directly.

farhajr, Sep 6, 2019 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Wow!
    You can't sue them directly, you have no legal knowledge, just filing the suit will be beyond anyone without legal training.
    I thought you'd already done that... you mention that you've had direct communication with the support team.

sarahk, Sep 6, 2019 IP
  14. farhajr

Best Answers:
    Yeah .. I called their number which was available on the premium account page.
    but, the girl responded by just saying no for most of the answers..

maybe, she was not into what exactly had gone with me. If, their could be a more appropriate way to speak a respnsive agent of yahoo would have been more better..
    if, their is that also available and can u find it or do for me..

farhajr, Sep 9, 2019 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You spoke to a child?
    You'd think on their premium service they'd employ adults. Either way, if she said no, I'm sure she meant no.

sarahk, Sep 9, 2019 IP
  16. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I get the feeling he doesn't like to take no for an answer.

malky66, Sep 10, 2019 IP
    mmerlinn and sarahk like this.
  17. farhajr

Best Answers:
    thats not it.. what i meant their was she just acted like " all she has to do is that say no for whatever I ask for"...
    without listening in details what i am sayin out...

that;s why i asked even @sarahk on top as well.. as to the reason behind it was not yet clear...

farhajr, Sep 15, 2019 IP
  18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you found yourself a lawyer yet?

sarahk, Sep 15, 2019 IP
  19. farhajr

Best Answers:
    no not yet.. and secondly i m out of US,

farhajr, Sep 16, 2019 IP
  20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't have any problems finding a lawyer who can handle an international case. Any decent lawyer should be able to refer you - no more onerous than making a few phone calls.

sarahk, Sep 16, 2019 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.