1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site Review Please

Discussion in 'Websites' started by mamoon7, Jul 25, 2019.

Thank you all for helping me. Can anybody check my website? if there is any errors please let me know ?
    here is website makeyourlifestyles.com. Basicaly I dont know what I have to do. I have worked my website design and development and content. But I can't find better results. Thank in advance.

mamoon7, Jul 25, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your English isn't good enough to be running an English language website. You need to either hire writers and editors or stick to a language where you have the ability to write meaningfully.

Even allowing for the difficulties of language pages such as http://makeyourlifestyles.com/healthy-eating/ are what I'd expect of a 10 year old's school report not a website offering advice. Look at the other sites in your niche and step it up otherwise you'll be wasting your time.

On your homepage, you refer to your url as makeyourlifestyle.com and makeyourlifestyles.com. I'd stick to makeyourlifestyle.com, I prefer it without the "s" at the end. If you have both domains then I'd use that one. If you don't have both domains then tidy up your text so that you're not referring to a site you don't control.

sarahk, Oct 2, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva and malky66 like this.
  3. Zone06

Zone06 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is the website just a content article website, or does it provide a service?

Zone06, Oct 11, 2019 IP
  4. ElscottHavoc

ElscottHavoc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I feel like your website lacks a sense of direction in that it wants to help you do better in life and also totally help with all your technology needs in SEO, web design, and installing computer software. It just feels so forced to add more content rather than better content that does fit the niche of your site.

ElscottHavoc, Oct 11, 2019 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The green text on white and black text on dark green are both below accessibility minimums for contrast, you have several sections of uselessly tiny text that sends users diving for the zoom, a problem only exacerbated by the use of PX mtrics on nearly everything. I don't even have to look at the code to recognize that somewhere around 12 or 13px is declared on body, utterly pissing on accessibility from so on-high you'd think the almighty just got back from a kegger. The use of a serif font on flow text (seriously, PTSans is NOT a sans-serif font despite its naem) gives you the trifecta of /FAIL/ at web accessibility and design.

The attempt at being responsive is utterly banjaxed on all my devices here, taking far too much whitespace with the content extremely hard to navigate. This is only further exacerbated by the uselessly tiny "hamburger icon" in a grey so light it too might as well be invisible on the white background.

You seem to have MAJOR issues with colour choices, I'd suggest that you run your colours past a tool like WebAIM's to see how it ranks for WCAG. Given your uselessly tiny sizes, changes to how fonts are rendered since the WCAG was written, and your use of webfonts, I'd treat the "AAA normal" as your minimum contrasts.

https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/

Popping the bonnet to look at the code, it's the typical train wreck of developer ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude I've come to expect from a turdpress template. Hundreds of separate styles and scripts on a page that doesn't seem to warrant the PRESENCE of JavaScript (at least not counting things like social media plugins) or more than two CSS files, endless pointless DIV, classes, and ID's for NOTHING, broken/incomplete forms, static style in the markup, <style> tags inside <body> where they're invalid gibberish, tags and attributes that have zero business on any website written after 1997, a complete lack of semantics or logical document structure flipping the bird again at usability and accessibility, and likely telling search to go plow itself at the same time.

Which is why turdpress is crapping out 58k of markup to deliver 5.8k of plaintext and zero content images, not even 10k of HTML's job. JUST like the ridiculous 2.29 megabytes in 48 files on a page that doesn't warrant more than half a megabyte in around 16 files. That 764k of that in 10 files is the CSS and 1.33 megabytes in 18 files is scripttardery bespeaks the level of 3i -- ignorance, incompetence, and ineptitude -- that proves why turdpress is a cute toy for making a blog for grandma, and has little to no business being used for anything more complex or serious than that.

As such I'd suggest since you appear to have a static website, tossing that entire mess in the trash and starting over. Apologies if that sounds harsh, but you've got a monument to everything WRONG with slopping together off the shelf CMS and garbage stock templates.

deathshadow, Oct 11, 2019 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Fonts too small

Contrast is horrible

Piss poor English

Never spell checked

Horrible color choices

mmerlinn, Oct 11, 2019 IP