1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is google getting more and more annoying?

Discussion in 'Google' started by JEET, Mar 29, 2019.

1. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Mr_Kumar
    Your SEO logic I understand. But have you checked the results after the last update, around September?
    They pulled out really ancient websites and placed them on top. Design, user friendliness, information display methods of these websites were probably last updated in 1999...
    Some of these websites are not even showing correct data or "proper" information.
    Not to mention, these websites are full of ads, and are sometimes impossible to load specially if I am on my alternate internet connection.

For example, if you search for the term "Ashokley analysis"
    all you will get is ancient websites with charts of Ashok Leyland stock, "NO ANALYSIS"
    Ancient websites like moneycontrol and investing which are merely showing charts are the websites on top...

You would assume that google's "algo brain" would understand that the person is looking for analysis of Ashok Leyland stock in plain and simple English, its not there.

I am thinking that google's algo is working something like this:
    First it looks into specially hand picked, old sites for the keyword.
    If it finds an exact match, it shows it, else shows the most closest result from same old websites,
    doesn't matter if its actually closest or useful.
    Sometimes, all those 10 results are pretty much showing the same thing, in the same order, just a different domain and different template.
    They just decided that these old websites have to and have to go on top, even if they do not have proper info.

Next is their HTTPS thing, even if the website does not require the user to enter any personal info.

Some of the most crap websites have started ranking on top because of just these 2 rules.

JEET, Apr 21, 2019 IP
    mmerlinn and Mr_Kumar like this.
  2. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hope things will become good in the near future.

Mr_Kumar, Apr 22, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  3. Robert_Sheerhoon28

Robert_Sheerhoon28 Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha yes, maybe it's like this for some reason. Could make sense.

Robert_Sheerhoon28, Apr 23, 2019 IP
  4. mingzafer

mingzafer Peon

Best Answers:
    yes everything is getting harder now.

mingzafer, Jul 17, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thing is Google have the market share and comfortably they know that they are the search engine everybody goes to, so they are spending the majority of their time and effort now on getting more people/companies spending in AdWords.

johneva, Jul 18, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  6. sith-lord-of-the-flies

sith-lord-of-the-flies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually Google is completely removing websites from their serps.

For example, if you take a post from this forum and put it in Bing, Yahoo, MSN, Duckduckgo etc etc and you will most probably find the post on first page of serps.

If say you then try and view the site in Google, it generally doesn't appear FULL STOP...

But then if you do the same search in speech marks in google, you then see the post in first page.

I have done this as a test and on the ones I tested, the post was not in any of pages PERIOD...

This means that Google is deliberately removing pages from the serps in favour of sites such as Quora, stack exchange.

Google could be trying to force people to use Adwords opposed to SEO - In my opinion, they will quickly drive themselves into an early grave.

I have no started using Bing on all company machines and am advising anyone who uses Google to stop - that way they will eventually reduce market share and maybe, just maybe cease their bullying campaign on the world.

And there was me thinking that the Nazi party had long since died...

sith-lord-of-the-flies, Jul 19, 2019 IP
    rainbowgod, JEET and mmerlinn like this.
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @sith-lord-of-the-flies
    I too have noticed this. Google is favouring some websites even if they do not have proper content, like Quora for example.
    Most of the times, people are just copy pasting same answers over and over in quora...
    They have also started favouring ancient websites over new modern websites.

I thought I was the only one facing problems. Thanks for sharing your views guys!

JEET, Jul 22, 2019 IP
  8. sith-lord-of-the-flies

sith-lord-of-the-flies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Jeet,

You are definitely not the only person. I have quite a few developer friends who have all ceased to use Google now.

I remember back in the day when everyone started to use Google, I truly can see the same trend now, but in reverse.

People will only ever be bullied for a certain period before retaliating, I think that "certain period" has now expired for them :)

sith-lord-of-the-flies, Jul 25, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  9. DigitalMarketer1

DigitalMarketer1 Peon

Best Answers:
    They became more smart every year. Best thing an SEO can do is to create better content.

DigitalMarketer1, Oct 24, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  10. RahulSaini

RahulSaini Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's right, google is updating their algorithms and improving the search visibility, filtering results by removing spams and much more. Other side, things are becoming harder if you own a website and want to rank on SERP

RahulSaini, Oct 24, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  11. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    May be you guys are right, that ranking on top has become difficult. But in this process google is listing websites which have no real knowledge about the subject, have simply existed for long time now.

This is specially true for stock market websites, where a large company owns the website, which is updated and maintained by "novice hired" people.
    People who have no knowledge about the subject, simply copy paste from a script...
    Websites which are "dumping" a large amount of numbers in the face of people, without any analysis or understanding what those numbers mean...

JEET, Oct 25, 2019 IP
  12. Ruin18

Ruin18 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am just hoping just everyone starts using DuckDuckGo! Its the only way to stop Google!:):):)

Ruin18, Oct 26, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  13. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    JEET, Oct 26, 2019 IP
  14. VitaVibe

VitaVibe Peon

Best Answers:
    Google has changed a lot over the years. Some things they say are being made easier to use certainly are not.

VitaVibe, Nov 12, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  15. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I stopped using google long time ago.
    Then there was a scandal where they were using personal data and nowadays they get fined every year by EU commission for abusing their dominant position.
    duckduckgo is already but the name... LOL

praetserge, Dec 2, 2019 IP
  16. bountysite

bountysite Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like Duckduckgo, there is another anonymous and privacy friendly search using google is startpage.com

bountysite, Dec 5, 2019 IP
  17. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure what private info google can use. They can use gmail to show you relevant ads in gmail, but not sure how emails can be used to improve search results...

Only thing I can think of is data collected by their browser chrome, basically browsing habits of people, which websites people are visiting, what they are doing there, which pages are more popular on a website etc...

JEET, Dec 9, 2019 IP
  18. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    So, what is the conclusion? Is Google getting annoying or user-friendly? Maybe annoying for webmasters and friendly for web-users?

Mr_Kumar, Dec 9, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  19. Zone06

Zone06 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seems like recent updates favor more authoritative websites, so not surprising many of them are older sites. They just want to protect their advertisers, it's all about money.

Zone06, Dec 10, 2019 IP
    JEET likes this.
  20. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Mr_Kumar
    When I started this thread, my idea was to look at it from a searcher's point, not from a webmaster.
    And I am writing this as a searcher, google's results are going bad day by day.

Their worst move is showing same result for 2 different searches, simply because the 2 are related.
    They are related, but still very different results are expected.
    I was looking for something about a politician, something old, but no matter how much I changed and made the search term specific, all it kept showing me was recent speeches of the politician...
    Almost the same result, just sorted differently.

Their second worst move is sticking those crap video results on top of almost all pages.
    I have to watch a long, full of crappy intro 10 minute video before I can finally get the info I was actually looking for.
    On a text webpage, I'd have got this info in a minute may be.

Next crap is their featured section.
    It might be useful in some "general" cases, but definitely not in field I work in.
    I need latest upto date result in my work.
    Those featured results are at least 3-5 days old, and in some cases, from a webpage which was last updated in 2017 (as written on the webpage itself)...

This last one also annoys me as a webmaster.
    Its my content, I worked hard to collect all that info, sorted it, wrote it into an easy to understand article, and the searcher is not even opening my website.
    Go look for this term:
    "RGB & Hex color for orange"

Will you open the featured content website for that term?
    I won't. Why should I? I already got what I was looking for.
    This is just an example. I cannot even count how many times I did not even cared to open the website, or even looked at the domain from where the result was coming from.

Believe me, if bing or yahoo start doing this, I will even block their crawlers from my websites.
    Same will happen to google when a more popular search engine comes, and traffic from that engine becomes more worthy, and traffic from google becomes less important.

JEET, Dec 10, 2019 IP
    Mr_Kumar and mmerlinn like this.