1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Armchair Dining on DP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Mar 13, 2015.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you see them again, post a picture so we can all drool over them. :) Or post a picture/description of another favorite dish so we can enjoy that, too.

jrbiz, Apr 30, 2019 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Make your own. My wife makes the most amazing chocolate covered rice krispies.

qwikad.com, Apr 30, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The overt irony here is so obvious that it falls within the realms of comedy. You did not "make your own", your wife did.;)

Spoiltdiva, Apr 30, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that it is a production issue. I just did not like the combination of chocolate and rice krispie treats. I love chocolate and I really like rice krispie treats, but the taste of them, together, was not compelling to me.

In this regard, I am reminded of a comment that you made near the beginning of this thread concerning lobster and macaroni & cheese. :)

That said, next time I am in Florida, I am open to an invitation to sample your wife's version. ;)

jrbiz, May 1, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  5. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Ha*ha! Thanks for the laugh, after the day I've had so far I needed it.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, May 1, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Update: yesterday, I sampled a few Vanilla Crème Rice Krispie Bites. You may recall that I was not really enthusiastic about the chocolate covered version. This Vanilla Crème covered option was great:

ricekrispievanillasm.jpg

This combination works!

jrbiz, May 12, 2019 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, the summer season here in the U.S. is upon us and Father's Day is tomorrow. So, high on my list of good stuff to eat is strawberry shortcake:

strawshrtcake.jpg

Note that I prefer a biscuit (as opposed to pound cake, angel food cake, or the gold cake cups you see in some versions), frozen strawberries versus fresh (frozen are sweeter and juicier) and real whipped cream (though Cool Whip type toppings are acceptable, too.) What is your favorite summer time dessert?

jrbiz, Jun 15, 2019 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Strawberry cream pie. But it has to be light (not too thick or too sweet) on the cream cheese filling. I believe my wife mixes it with home-made cool whip to make it nice and fluffy. I like anything strawberry (milkshakes, ice cream, pies).

qwikad.com, Jun 15, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that sounds great! Put up a picture of it next time the wife makes it. I am pretty sure that I have never had this type of pie.

jrbiz, Jun 15, 2019 IP
  10. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Well if we are talking desserts one of my favorites is heated cherry pie with frozen vanilla yogurt on top. The yogurt slowly melts on the pie and soaks into the crust.......yum yum!:)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Spoiltdiva, Jun 15, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of people like warm pie with frozen yogurt or ice cream. I like pie and I like ice cream (or frozen yogurt) but I do not like them together. BTW, my wife's favorite pie is cherry, too. It's only morning and I am already really hungry for dessert because of this thread. ;)

jrbiz, Jun 15, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Aren't you the one that is constantly dieting? Control...must maintain control!:)

Spoiltdiva, Jun 15, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Diet is off today (Father's Day!) I am the archetypical "yo-yo dieter." Lose a few pounds, gain a few pounds, rinse and repeat. :)

jrbiz, Jun 16, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if any of you have had the Italian sweet called Cannoli, but it is a crisp pastry tube filled with a sweet cheese concoction comprised of rigotta, cheese, marscapone cheese, powdered sugar and another filling component (e.g., cherries, chocolate chips, etc.) Yesterday, my daughter was going to a BBQ party and decided to bring a Cannoli Dip platter, which is basically the sweet filling (including chocolate chips) as a dip with the pastry as chips to dip into:

cannolidip.jpg

I got to sample a little and it was great. One of the problems with actual cannolis is that the pastry loses its crispiness/flakiness pretty quickly once the cheese is inside the traditional tube. With a dip approach such as this, the chip stays crisp. Note that the chip and/or pastry tube is similar to a waffle cone or a sugar ice cream cone biscuit. A bit sweeter, software, and thicker, however. Good stuff, no matter how you partake!

jrbiz, Jun 23, 2019 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Attsa matter for me?........ Attsa matter for you!!!!? Sure I hadda da cannoli....mamma mia!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Spoiltdiva, Jun 23, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have just learned that it is National Ice Cream day here in the U.S. I almost missed it! Since Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Chocolate Chunk ice cream is long gone, my current go-to chocolate chip ice cream is this fine brand:

EdysChocChip.jpg

Anyway, I probably won't get any of the above today, but it is possible that we make a trip tonight to our local Dairy Queen. Their M&M Blizzard is a favorite of mine (not as good as McDonald's M&M McFlurry, but the rest of the family prefers DQ.)

jrbiz, Jul 21, 2019 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Congratulations to all you Americans on your National Ice Cream day! Where I live we don't have this day, but what we do have is our National Frozen Yogurt day...........*not really*.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jul 21, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am thinking next year, I will have to also mark the calendar for National Ice Cream Eve. :)

jrbiz, Jul 21, 2019 IP
  19. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    lol, only in America can there be a day dedicated to ice cream...:p

malky66, Jul 21, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely right that we blew it again: it should be Ice Cream Week. ;)

jrbiz, Jul 22, 2019 IP