1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Perfect Father's Day?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Jun 15, 2019.

Tomorrow is Father's Day here in the U.S. I am wondering what the Dad's on DP think is a perfect day for them.

I have decreed in my household that tomorrow will be an unusual Father's Day for me and the family. It will involve no work on anyone's part and no efforts or any activities causing work or stress. This means that there will be no cooking, grilling, organized activities, or anything else that requires anyone in the household to do anything in support of the holiday. It will be a day to rest and chill, eat takeout or at a restaurant, and just lay around and relax for everyone. I am really looking forward to it!

What is your idea for a great Father's Day?

jrbiz, Jun 15, 2019 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Man, I wish I could decree the same. It'll be low key for sure, but my wife is planning to bbq baby back ribs and make the aforementioned strawberry pie. If it wasn't for my 7 year old, I'd probably request a day of rest, but you know how it is kids are excited about any holiday and I do not want to take it away from her. Maybe when she's older.

qwikad.com, Jun 15, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Good point, my kids are 27 and 17, so they are not so excited about Dad's Day, anyway. :)

Have fun!

jrbiz, Jun 15, 2019 IP
  4. littlesquerl

littlesquerl Peon

Best Answers:
    Perfect father's day would be watching a football game stuffing my face but the NFL doesn't start playing until August

littlesquerl, Jun 15, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    At least you can do the "stuffing your face" part. :)

And, if you can get the NFL channel, they re-run great football games from the past season all year long.

jrbiz, Jun 16, 2019 IP
  6. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since my schedule states Personal Day for every Sunday I don't expect anything to be different this Father's Day.

I may hear a Happy Father's Day from kids, grandkids, and maybe a great grandkid or two but for the most part I expect I'm too old for that stuff - and they just might be right.

JoeSpirit, Jun 16, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com and jrbiz like this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, let's hope that you get good wishes from a bunch of your progeny. :)

And perhaps, a special food? Never too old for that.;)

jrbiz, Jun 16, 2019 IP
  8. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure there will be good wishes. Some of my descendants always send them my way.

As far as special food - I attended a family reunion yesterday and ate enough to last a couple months I think.

I am quite happy with where I am. For me I designed my life well. I'd like to see many others do that for themselves. I believe too many don't.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads here on DP.

JoeSpirit, Jun 16, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.