1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Navigation menu problem

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Lance Johnson, Jun 4, 2019.

When you move the mouse down on the navigation menu on my company's website it often jumps to the next navigation column. If you hold the cursor over the dropdown word for a few seconds it works much better. Any ideas why this is happening? I added a link to a video so you can see the problem.

Lance Johnson, Jun 4, 2019 IP
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't post a link to the problem page, nor a minimal test case. We can only guess, which I will do now.

Since this is a guess, you'll understand if I don't provide a guarantee of being fit for purpose. Look to the first drop down being overlain by the second. The second likely has an implicit higher z-index.

If you can't link us to the page, construct a minimal test case and post the html and css sources.

gary

kk5st, Jun 4, 2019 IP
  3. Lance Johnson

Lance Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response. I'm new to web stuff so this issue has been over my head. Here's a link to the page and I attached the css code for the header.

https://www.3-gis.com/

Attached Files:

Lance Johnson, Jun 4, 2019 IP
  4. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Am unable to replicate your issue. There are issues*, which as a commercial site, ought to be coded differently (so it doesn't act like Grandma's family album site). Take a long look at Jason's article, Progressive Enhancement, especially part 4, for the immediate needs. As you read, I think the changes will become obvious to you.

gary

*The responsiveness is clumsy and doesn't provide for accessibility needs.

kk5st, Jun 4, 2019 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I was able to replicate it but I have no idea what's causing it. I'd blame the issue on the javascript you're using for the menu. You can do the same thing using plain HTML/css. As an example: https://codepen.io/andornagy/pen/xhiJH

qwikad.com, Jun 5, 2019 IP
  6. Lance Johnson

Lance Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response. I attached the JS code for the header just in case someone is able to spot an issue.

Attached Files:

Lance Johnson, Jun 5, 2019 IP
  7. Lance Johnson

Lance Johnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Figured out how to fix this if anyone's interested. I changed the .5 to .1 on these lines of code in the style sheet.

{{ trans('.5s all ease') }}

Lance Johnson, Jun 5, 2019 IP
    kk5st and qwikad.com like this.
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Good job! Thank you for posting the solution.

qwikad.com, Jun 5, 2019 IP
  9. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is nice when someone finds the answer on their own or elsewhere, when they come back and say what they found. It makes it so we don't keep trying to help pointlessly, and it might just help someone further down the road with the same issue.

deathshadow, Jun 5, 2019 IP