1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The best meta tag???

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by avichihi1, Jul 8, 2018.

Hey guys, I have seen many different meta tags, but which one is the best???

I too have a forum -- It is gaming related, what's the best meta tag for it? The one for this forum is

avichihi1, Jul 8, 2018 IP
  2. manis

manis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi not clear your question for me.. can you explain more about your query!

manis, Jul 18, 2018 IP
  3. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are running a forum then just describe your forum 'what's it is about' in the homepage and head title.

And let Google decide what's best for your forum as a meta.

mrb1129, Jul 18, 2018 IP
    manis likes this.
  4. Hostfinch

Hostfinch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are too many myths about meta description, for example, Google will display your meta description as you have written, so you will get better CTR from search result, But most of webmaster forgot this Google simply ignore your meta description as per user query. And most of time, user query is not matched with your meta description.

Hostfinch, Jul 25, 2018 IP
  5. unisecureus

unisecureus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Meta Tags = Title and Description , always follow SEO policy like unique content and Character limit.

unisecureus, Jul 26, 2018 IP
  6. Boopika

Boopika Member

Best Answers:
    Meta Description
    Meta keywords
    Meta Title
    Meta Geo Location
    Og Meta Tag
    Meta robots

Boopika, Aug 24, 2018 IP
  7. majidpucit123

majidpucit123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe Meta keywords are not important for Google but if you want to use then put keywords very carefully so can 100% relate to your website content

majidpucit123, Aug 29, 2018 IP
  8. Dannielaa Boysen

Dannielaa Boysen Peon

Best Answers:
    Taking it from the bottom; what does META mean: META mean "referring to itself or to the conventions of its genre; self-referential" which in turn mean it is "data about the data", in your case information about your forum.

You have a Forum about gaming, i would suggest that you see what your peers are having as Title and Description and develop a Title and description that differentiates your forum from the others.

Unlike others in this forum, I experience google using both my title and description to rank a search result, and there is a very clear synergy between Title, Description, Headings (H1, H2 etc.) and the text on the page and how close the search result are ranked in the end.

Please note google has some guidelines as to how long both title and description can be, and also do remember that titles and description should be unique per page. Do not copy the title and descriptions to other pages as this will damage your ranking of individual pages.

Good luck!
    Danniella

Dannielaa Boysen, Aug 29, 2018 IP
  9. Manish.ebiztrait

Manish.ebiztrait Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Meta keywords & Meta Description are the best meta tags to use in website for better SEO outcomes.

Manish.ebiztrait, May 31, 2019 IP
  10. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Pay most attention to, in order of importance, (1) your title tag and (2) your meta description.

Yes, I realize you can't guarantee that Google will use your meta description, and they may substitute their own. But on my ~450 pages, I find that Google usually uses my meta description. A well-written, catchy description will definitely increase the number of clicks on your link in the search results. So do not let anyone talk you out of the importance (for getting traffic) of having a good meta description.

Jim4767, May 31, 2019 IP
  11. EmmaS Goldston

EmmaS Goldston Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

There are really so many fables regarding meta-description, as an instance, Google will display your own meta name description because you have written, and that means you're going to get far much better CTR from search results, However, many of webmaster insisted that this Google just dismiss your meta name description according to user query. & a lot of time, the user isn't paired together with your own meta description.

EmmaS Goldston, May 31, 2019 IP
  12. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    (1) I know with 100% certainty that I — and probably most other webpage authors — can describe my page's content and intent better than Google can. And (2) Google is not interested in whether or not their description selection is catchy and invites a click. I know that I can write that copy better than a machine can. I know my page best — I wrote it! So I'll keep on writing my own meta descriptions, and I'll include the keywords and phrases I want searchers to find. That way, at least some of the time it will be my meta descriptions that appear in the search results, not Google's algorithmic guess.

Jim4767, Jun 3, 2019 IP