1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Old Google Webmasters Tool Vs New Google Webmasters Tool

Discussion in 'Google' started by sharmapk752, May 2, 2019.

Hi Friends,
    I am not happy with new Google Webmasters Tool (search console) because this is not user friendly and lots of options are not in new version.
    What about your opinion friends and tell me if anything is helpful in new one.

Thanks

sharmapk752, May 2, 2019 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The new Google Webmaster Tools is total junk. SUPER SLOW. VERY HARD TO NAVIGATE. Missing many of the only things that mattered.

For an example, when trying to get a changed link re-indexed, Google sometimes takes OVER TEN (10) MINUTES to verify whether a link is indexable or not. In the meantime, I cannot use my computer for anything else because Google is a CPU hog. What is really sad is that determining whether a link is indexable or not should not even be tested for here as EVERY LINK will be tested when googlebot tries to index it. WHY DOES GOOGLE NEED TO TEST THE SAME LINK TWO (2) times, once here and AGAIN when the bot gets around to indexing the link?

mmerlinn, May 4, 2019 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not too fond of it initially. I miss the very easy "Fetch" from the old version. The replacement for it in the new console takes way too long. However, as I'm learning more about it, I'm finding some features that I do like.

Jim4767, May 26, 2019 IP
  4. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To me SEO has gone the way of paid services. You can get a lot more information if you pay for it. What Google offers for free is not enough, and the natural result is large corporations are able to buy their way to the top because they can buy the data, while the average webmaster is left with an inferior tool called webmaster tools. I was looking at some serps today. There were approximately 8 google ads on the page, and then 4 paid directories with the same sites in them, and then maybe 3-4 organic sites, so the ratio or paid to organic was about 4 to 1. That being said, I like a lot of what Google is doing, but I wish they would improve in this area.

dvduval, May 27, 2019 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  5. OlehMirosh

OlehMirosh Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally i really miss feature to fetch more than 10 keywords at once in AdWords. New versions of Google tools indeed have usefull updates, but why do developers have to sacrifice several old features??

OlehMirosh, May 28, 2019 IP
  6. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Because it then it's easier for a Google Partners to sell things to you. You'll need their services more. Doesn't that make sense? There are lots of products for $99 a month or so that will get you all the keywords you need.

dvduval, May 28, 2019 IP
  7. OlehMirosh

OlehMirosh Peon

Best Answers:
    In the name of money!))

OlehMirosh, May 29, 2019 IP
  8. Stuart Broad

Stuart Broad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In the new webmaster tool, some feature of old webmaster tool is included but the things which were extra was removed in the new search console.

Stuart Broad, May 31, 2019 IP