1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which Washers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dittoo, May 21, 2019.

So, I'm just a little annoyed ... our washing machine just broke and we will have to buy a new one tomorrow.
    Now I am interested in what criteria do you use to search your devices like washers and with which brand have you been satisfied? Also, do you have experience with cheap models?
    We looked at this website https://productz.com/en/washers and noticed that the price range is from 350$ to well over 1000$. I've heard from coworkers that some models have a lot of plastic, is that good or bad? Can you recommend us some good washers?
    Thank you!

dittoo, May 21, 2019 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is an internet marketing forum, probably not the best place to ask about washing machines....

malky66, May 21, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We all use them though
    I have a Samsung although my normal preference is for Fisher and Paykel
    I prefer front loading but in my country top loading is the norm
    I cgaf how much plastic is in it, washing machines are cheap and by the time they can no longer be maintained they've earned their keep
    I have no idea what brands are available in Bosnia, nor what an acceptable price might be.
    Do you want a new one, or are you happy to buy second hand?

sarahk, May 22, 2019 IP
  4. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't, I wouldn't even know how to switch the bloody thing on lol, it's about the only appliance in the house I don't go near...our cleaner likes to sit on it when it's spinning though...not sure why.:eek:

malky66, May 22, 2019 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you NEED to buy a NEW one? Why not buy a used one that works? Since they are so common, finding a good used one should be EASY and more importantly CHEAP.

Around here (U.S.) used washers hang in the area of $50 to $100, and often will outlast a new one.

mmerlinn, May 25, 2019 IP
  6. Guss

Guss Peon

Best Answers:
    Samsung washer are good, I have one for 6 years. I did some repairs but not so costly. Some common issues Samsung washers might have.

Guss, Feb 10, 2021 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Just discovered that Fisher & Paykel no longer make spare parts for machines that are over 10 years old.
    Our local repair guy has run a repairs workshop for 40 years. He's now closed it. Machines don't break down until about the 10-year mark so he either needs to create his own stockpile of parts or quit the business. He's chosen to quit.

sarahk, Feb 10, 2021 IP
  8. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The general rule in my industry (automotive) is that parts 10 years out of production are no longer available from the dealer. However, I have lucked out at times and have found new parts 60 years out of production that have sat on the dealers shelves for 60 years.

The other alternative, but probably not cost effective for appliances, is to salvage used parts from old machines. That is basically what I do - buy junk transmissions, salvage what I can, and scrap the rest. Been doing that for 40 years and in my industry it works. Today I sold used parts for 1960, 1970, 1985, and 2004 transmissions for total sales of US$700, net about US$550 after expenses.

Every once in a while I even sell parts to someone in Kiwiland, Ozmonia, and so on.

mmerlinn, Feb 10, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. kozakor

kozakor Peon

Best Answers:
    i like Samsung too

kozakor, Feb 14, 2021 IP