1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

On-page Review Please :)

Discussion in 'SEO' started by MichaelAaronTaylor, Apr 10, 2019.

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance for the help!

So we are redoing a few things on site as we speak but I wanted to ask for some help with on-page review while we are already making changes please? :)

We have been doing so much and we have many 2nd and 3rd page rankings right now, so close but not enough to see any real search traffic volume to see any leads/ sales yet.

Link is seen in signature.

Thanks again guys!

MichaelAaronTaylor, Apr 10, 2019 IP
  2. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll throw a first tip: send all your CSS and scripts to separate files.

For more, please send me a pm.

Tedel, Apr 16, 2019 IP
  3. MichaelAaronTaylor

MichaelAaronTaylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cool, Thanks! How much work is this to do as we have over 100 pages I think?

MichaelAaronTaylor, Apr 17, 2019 IP
  4. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Ever heard what Matt Cutts told us over a decade ago? "Optimize for the user, not the search engine." ... you're failing pretty hard there. Mind you, much of this is NOT search related since search engines give a flying purple fish about appearance... but the first impression is not good.

Illegibile colour contrasts, willy-nilly font size changes, poorly rendering thin-glyph webfont, poor scripting off graceful degradation. VISUALLY it's an accessibility train wreck and that doesn't bode well before I even look at what matters for SEO.

Taking a look at the markup? Ouch. This ALONE:

<body class="home page-template-default page page-id-1041 mmm mega_main_menu-20-1-2 dslc-page dslc-page-has-content _masterslider _msp_version_2.29.0 pseudo-preloader">
    <div class="off-canvas-wrap">
    <div class="site global-container inner-wrap" id="global-container">
    	<div class="global-wrapper">
    						<div class='notification-panel' data-stateonload='1' data-uniquehash='d468aeedfd14def09b84f5b3afa3d3cc'>
    					<span class='notification-panel__content'>
    						<span class='notification-panel__message'>
    							<span class='notification-panel__message-text'>
    Code (markup):
    Is such an epic /FAIL/ at web development the ENTIRE page needs to be tossed in the trash and recoded. It is a monument to developer ignorance and ineptitude, almost as if it were built with one of those dumbass "frameworks" or a laundry list of how not to make a website like turdpress... oh.

Whoever coded that needs to back the blazes away from the keyboard and go take up something a bit less dangerous like macramé.

Endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, massive code bloat, little if anything resembling logical document structure or proper semantics -- ALL things that can get you pimp-slapped clear off search results entirely. When it's pissing out 374k of markup for 9k of plaintext and less than a dozen content images, you need to drag the entire mess 'round back o' the woodshed with a .30-06 and put it down like Old Yeller.

... and that's before we talk the ridiculous minute plus page-load time thanks to the ridiculous number of separate files. It's blowing a megabyte of JavaScript in a dozen files on a page that doesn't even warrant the presence of 128k of JS in one file -- and 90%+ of what's being done with JavaScript is goofy animated crap I'd rip out as it only impresses people with the intelligence of a five year old. (aka "marketing executives"). Worse, it's got half a megabyte of external CSS and several dozen k of inline CSS on a page that probably shouldn't even have 32k of CSS in one file.

The grand total of garbage coding practices coming to a massive 2 megabytes in 79 separate files for something I would likely not even spend 256k in 12 files on. It's EASILY ten time the code and five times the files needed to do the job. On speed and code to content ratio alone, search should be penalizing you.

The non-semantic bloated markup being such a wreck that I doubt search is paying attention to more than a third of your content... if at all. Doesn't matter how good your copy is, if it's coded improperly search will start ignoring it. Particularly all the missing heading depths and improper use of numbered headings which breaks accessibility, which means it could very well break search.

There is NOTHING I would even try to salvage from that monument to developer ineptitude. Kill it with fire. Whoever wrote that code is utterly unqualified to write a single line of HTML. Admittedly, I say the same thing about the creators of Bootstrap.

Though it's very much the type of trash I've come to expect when "marketing" is in the title whilst peddling pay-per-click scam artistry. Made even more comical by the claims of being SEO experts on the bloody page! The contents claims are amazing when it's painfully clear the creators of that site don't know the first blasted thing about on-page optimization.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    deathshadow, May 6, 2019 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter how many pages you have, you are using a content management system so you do it once and you do it right.

upload_2019-5-7_10-8-26.png

upload_2019-5-7_10-9-24.png

Why is the bullet list in a smaller font?
    upload_2019-5-7_10-13-22.png

If this website is live then this menu should be tweaked asap. The "ladela test" and "thank you" pages definitely shouldn't be there.

sarahk, May 6, 2019 IP
  6. MichaelAaronTaylor

Best Answers:
    We tried to update our site with a new theme/ layout via Divi last week, so maybe you checked it out during the wrong time as this was an older post as you can see.

The new site was not ready as we had several things not convert well, so for now we just made the old site back live while we work out the kinks.

Yes current site has several issues we are working on.

Thanks for you feedback anyways and maybe to get some feedback after we get the new site live again.

MichaelAaronTaylor, May 6, 2019 IP
  7. Neemt

Neemt Peon

Best Answers:
    Shorten a lot of your Meta Description. Some of them are way to long, use unique selling proposition (USP), and you can also use some eye-catching symbols or signs.
    "Digital Marketing Agency | Full Service → PPM" or something like that. Look at your competitors and see what you can do different to catch the attention.

Neemt, May 24, 2019 IP
  8. seopawanpreet

seopawanpreet Active Member

Best Answers:
    In order to check onsite issues of the website the best tool I would suggest is Screaming Frog

seopawanpreet, May 24, 2019 IP
  9. MichaelAaronTaylor

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I am familiar with Screaming Frog as well, thanks for the suggestion.

MichaelAaronTaylor, May 31, 2019 IP
  10. bertham.jhones

bertham.jhones Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend to use bullet points

bertham.jhones, Aug 7, 2019 IP
  11. Anzal Ahmed Abir

Anzal Ahmed Abir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use Yoast SEO for on-site SEO problems.

Anzal Ahmed Abir, Sep 25, 2021 IP