1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best hosting for global availability

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Ritesh Saini, Apr 29, 2019.

So, I've been with a lot of hosts in last 6 years. Currently I'm with Cloudways with a DO droplet.

The only problem is that the people near to my datacenter have good load times due to low TTFB. But on the other places away from my datacenter, TTFB is pretty high which makes the load time miserable.

Now, I know CDN should help here to make the site contents load from their nearest server. But the issue is that CDN only caches the static contents of a site like CSS, JS, and images. While the dynamic PHP is still loaded from your actual root server.

So, is there any hosting provider that let's you choose multiple datacenters at once?

If that is not possible, then is there any CDN provider that serves the entire site including the dynamic part?

My goal is to have the lowest TTFB around the globe. If there's any other suggestion then kindly let me know :)

Ritesh Saini, Apr 29, 2019 IP
  2. dts-net

dts-net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    most providers use cloudflare with railgun also another option is to install cloudlinux operating system on different servers throughout the world where to get the most traffic from best way to see where your users are coming from is using Google analytics and by servers for that area

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    dts-net, Jun 2, 2019 IP
  3. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are on a healthy node/server, the TTFB won't be high enough to make the load time miserable, unless the node/server is located as far as in the Moon. Perhaps the node you are on is heavily overloaded.

For shared (typical cPanel hosting, reseller, vps, cloud etc.) hosting? None to my knowledge. A proper cloud hosting using servers from multiple datacenters located in different geographical locations would be a good fit. However, such setups are expensive and do not provide shared hosting. You would probably need to setup your cloud.

Cloudflare RailGun can cache dynamic content.

That being said, do not put too much importance on the dynamic content unless you are having a very large number of daily visits. Consider being on a healthy server, optimize the scripts used in your site and/or use a cache from the server.

MechanicWeb-shoss, Jun 12, 2019 IP
  4. euro-space

euro-space Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get a web hosting, VPS or a dedicated server with good and reputable company in the UK , with high speed connection and then use CDN such as CloudFlare, it is also available in cPanel as an module, so it's easy to setup and manage without hassle.

euro-space, Jun 18, 2019 IP
  5. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In order to serve all web content (not just to cache the static content), there should be full mirroring of the account or server in each and every data center point. This is would be so expensive, that 99% percent would not buy it.

HostColor, Jul 15, 2019 IP
  6. GlowHost-Sales

GlowHost-Sales Member

Best Answers:
    I think that you can learn where major part of your audience comes from so you will be able to have Data center for your server as close as possible to them.
    In this case you will serve most of your audience. Mirroring also not instant and it will takes some time as well. Moreover that will requires additional $$

GlowHost-Sales, Oct 10, 2019 IP
  7. bountysite

bountysite Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have some numbers? Like site loads in x seconds from location a, b etc.
    May be your hosting server is not responding quick enough.

If your hosting does not involve gathering information(like updating some stats or something), but only rendering(like a wp site), then you could use anycast or DNS Geo based services.
    Like visitor from X, should go to server near X via anycast or DNS.
    For anycast vendor, I know vultr supports BGP, but you need to own a subnet. I don't know any vendor who offers anycast single IP along with VPS.
    There is OneProvider with several locations. But I think, you may be happy with just DO/Vultr/Linode.

For DNS, you can program using PowerDNS + lua with maxmind database, and have visitors go to nearest DO/AWS/Vultr/Linode location.

bountysite, Oct 23, 2019 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Why would an Indian guy buy from Australians?
    Wouldn't it make more sense to buy locally?

sarahk, Dec 8, 2019 IP
  9. Borislav Arapchev

Borislav Arapchev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello.

Cloudflare CDN is able to cache all of your content.

But I am affraid that TTFB could not be as good as you want all over the world.
    Because it depends also on internet infrastructure and connectivity.
    The speed of the web-hosting is important but you have to check their traces, ask them.
    Also you can test the hosting /before buy from them/ with tracert command in Command Prompt.
    If you run Windows - type CMD in the search field and then in the black screen write "tracert website.com" where website.com is the address of the hosting provider.

Good luck.

Borislav Arapchev, May 13, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.