1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with title tags seo

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by madmn, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    To be honest... this is BEST TITLE for all future SEO. We guys start using our brain and immediately try to trick the Algo's. But the Best thing is what is Best i.e. Be what you are.

I'm now your fan, deathshadow. Big Thumb Up!!

Mr_Kumar, Apr 20, 2019 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Remember Matt Cutts advice from over a decade ago -- "Write for the user not the search engine". That means using the tags for what they mean, not because you want to try and game the search engine, and not because of its default appearance. That means putting what's actually important -- the CONTENT -- front-and-center and not some goofy animated trickery, unrelated slow loading art, or loading up on stock photo's. That means unique content of value and/or services the user wants/needs, not polishing a turd with fancy trickery. It means the page should meet accessibility norms like those outlined in the WCAG or the results of research done by places like nnGroup.

When the guy who was ran Google's anti-spam division gave us advice, I did this crazy thing and paid attention.

You mention Matt Cutts or nnGroup to most so-called SEO "experts', they typically have one of two responses: "who?" or utterly losing their shit going on the attack because adhering to the advice of either ends up pulling the flush-handle draining most of the SEO nonsense right to where it belongs.

Semantic markup -- using HTML tags for what they mean grammatically or structurally -- alongside unique content of value are pretty much the be-all end-all of on-site SEO apart from a few CSS checks done for accessibility (mobile layout) and absue (properties that can be used for content cloaking). That's why using the TITLE tag for what it is actually for should be the simplest and most obvious answer.

deathshadow, Apr 20, 2019 IP
    Mr_Kumar likes this.
  3. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Not only a good point, their entire site REEKS of keyword stuffing abuse guaranteed to get them pimp slapped clear off of search. The same words are so mindlessly and pointlessly repeated across the entire page, it's just begging to be flagged and kicked.

Just as they are abusing the TITLE tag, the document is filled beginning to end with garbage repetition, broken "Engrish moist goodry", and other such garbage that does nothing but PREVENT conversions. It simply is overburdened by two decade old black hat SEO scam-artistry designed to drive users away from the site.

It is a laundry list of how not to build a website, both from a coding and a content perspective. From the use of media="all", to the pointless data attributes, to presentational classes, to the utter and complete lack of anything remotely resembling logical document structure. You don't know what's wrong with garbage classes like "xm-s-12", "whitebox", "row", "text-center" etc, etc, then one should back away from the keyboard and bring in someone qualified to actually create websites.

... a disturbing problem given the topic of the site. Nothing says "hey host your site here" like a website clearly not created by people qualified to make websites. Real confidence builder that.

But really the "engrish moist goodry" stuffed phrases like:

<h1>Web Hosting <b>Services</b></h1>
    	<p class="tag1">Zeus.Host | Web Host Services - Affordable, Fast and Reliable Web Hosting.</p>
    	<p class="marginBottom30">Web Host Providing Website Hosting, Web Design Services and Domain Sales</p>

Code (markup):
    Is just waving a flag screaming "ban me from search" at the top of your lungs, AND making any visitors go "really?" Don't even get me STARTED about the "me love you long time" that is:

Learn what "whether" means.

deathshadow, Apr 22, 2019 IP
  4. ibmciscoblogger

ibmciscoblogger Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Though i gave the title as <title>Paper Bag Making Machine | Die Cutting Machine | Hindusthan Machines</title> in my website...But in google, my site indexed like this
    Hindusthan Machines: Paper Bag Making Machine | Die Cutting
    Can anyone explain, why this is happening?

ibmciscoblogger, Apr 29, 2019 IP
  5. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    If dmoz.org hand't been killed off (praise be) I'd suspect that was the culprit. How long ago did you change it? Was it ever originally the "incorrect' way?

Remember, changes take however long it takes for Google (or whatever search engine) to decide to re-spider your site, which can be... unpredictably infrequent. It's not an instant "I changed my site and it shows up". It's more of a "hurry up and wait, if it ever happens" which is why it's often important to get it right the first time.

Which is why I put so much emphasis on learning what it's for.... and saying stuff that belongs in the description meta and using vertical break characters in it, well... isn't it! Your change could be ignored on the assumption of abuse by the presence of "|" and all that extra text describing it. Just as your overstuffed/broken/pointless use of the keywords META and pointless redundancy in your description meta could be getting you pimp-slapped.

Hence why if I were writing that same page, the title, keywords, and description would read:

<title>Hindusthan Machines</title>
    <meta
    	name="keywords"
    	content="paper,bag,machine,india,die,cutting,environment"
    >
    <meta
    	name="description"
    	content="As the leading manufacturer of paper forming hardware, we offer top quality machines for the manufacture of environmentally friendly cups, bags, and other such formed paper products."
    >

Code (markup):
    Since that's what those tags are for. Again, keyWORDS. Not keyphrases, not keysentences, keyWORDS!!! Seven or eight single words (or proper names) coming in under 96 characters that you want a slight up-rank on that exist between <body> and </body> as plaintext. That's what it's for. Deviate from that it will either be ignored (at which case don't bother) or worse, get you flagged for possible keyword abuse. This is where 99%+ of the scam artists out there claiming to be SEO "experts" are utterly full of manure! It's not a word jumble where you blindly come up with every possible combination of those words as phrases. I don't know what jackass started using it that way that everyone else blindly copied, but I ever track them down I'm draggin 'em round back o' the woodshed with a 12 gauge like Old Yeller.

For a sub-page, like say the "paper cup machine" page, the TITLE should read:

Paper Cup Machine - Hindusthan Machines
    Code (markup):
    "Page title - Site Title", anyone telling you otherwise is talking out their arse! You want more information than that, put it in the description META!

Side note, if you're making an English language site, hire a professional English writer to punch up your copy a bit. The "Engrish moist goody, me love you long time" is a bit painful. I know it's for an Indian company, but if the target audience is English speaking that can lose you business fast.

Bottom line though, with what you changed it to for title, keywords, and description I'd not be surprised if they're ignoring your changes, though it could also be you've not waited long enough for search engines to have re-indexed your page. They don't check it every time someone does a search. More like every few months if you're an already established site.. and NO, sending a sitemap or requesting an index isn't going to do a blasted thing about it no matter how many ALLEGED "SEO Experts" claim it will.

deathshadow, Apr 29, 2019 IP