1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Is it just me or ..?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Toon-c, Apr 14, 2019.

Hi,

I haven't been active on this forum in the last 7 / 8 years maybe ...

Back in the day, I remember the forum bubbling with content, you could make a living just by staying here ..

I'm looking at being a little bit active on webmaster communities again .. My favorite forums from back in the day have all gone to sh*t .. whatever freelancer bought and destroyed .. and even other forums ..

DP seems to be the last forum standing ..But after being here for few days, I just discovered that I'm sending PMs and talking to people who started threads over a year ago ! I felt like an idiot ...

These threads are on the top of each category ...

Then I discovered that you can't add new threads unless you are a premium member ..

So I'm wondering if that is killing this forum ? Don't get me wrong, if you are making more money this way, good for you, but is this the right approach in the long run ? There is no new offers and content in some forum categories it looks deserted ...

I mean this is happening even in chat areas .. I mean one of the threads in the main page as "trending" is this one
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/suggest-me-a-good-name-for-a-dog-related-website.2517134/

A guy asked for advice about choosing a brand name 7 years ago ! people are replying right now ...

So yeah .. I admit it's been a while since I last been active; so I have no idea what happened .. but the forum is dying in my view ..

Let me know what you think!
    Thanks

Toon-c, Apr 14, 2019 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You can post anywhere on DP, except for the Buy, Sell, Trade section where it is required that you have 3 "likes" from established members. Since you have 33, there should be no limitations on you as far as posting. Not sure what sections you are looking at, but the sections that I frequent have new posts almost every day.

That said, forums, in general, have all declined and DP has absolutely slowed down in terms of participation. But it is not as bad as you seem to have experienced.

jrbiz, Apr 16, 2019 IP
  3. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just looked at
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/link-sales.58/

It says you need to be a premium member to post there ..

Last topic in that category was posted in October of 2018 ..

If that's not a dead space, I don't know what is ... Clearly it's not working ..

Toon-c, Apr 16, 2019 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there are a couple of sections that are reserved for Premium members, only, as you point out. But the vast majority of the sections (including BST) are open for posting to non-premium members. There is no question that traffic is down. But, not sure that there is a cure for the problem right now.

jrbiz, Apr 16, 2019 IP
  5. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I'm questioning ..
    If the last topic opened in these "couple sections" is on October 2018 .. meaning that for 7 months there is no new content .. clearly making these sections "premium" is not the way to go ...

Anyway whatever .. doesn't seem that the owner even cares about the forum anymore .. it's not what it used to be for sure .. so that's kinda understandable ..

Toon-c, Apr 21, 2019 IP
  6. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is the internet is saturated right now but quality of content and services are getting low.
    Sites like upwork, fiverr has made it worse.

c4cyber, Apr 21, 2019 IP
  7. secondeye

secondeye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think After so many year I am replying on this forum only for this topic.. I am also wondering same think.. Forums that i use to visit before are now dying...

The main reason may be because of Popular Social Media and their groups.. People use to entertain their selves by visiting new content on social media everyday and when they get stuck into some problem they post their questions on respected groups on same social platform...

And due to this reason forums are dying and only alive for costumer support for their product or service they sell...

secondeye, Apr 24, 2019 IP