1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wanting to learn interactive web design, what's the best approach?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Kirk1971, Apr 6, 2019.

I'm interested web site design and want to have a really user friendly but also a very interactive site. I don't have any programming skills and don't know HTML or Java script etc. Any suggestions?

Kirk1971, Apr 6, 2019 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, learn HTML... and all websites are "interactive" so what do you actually even mean? Do you mean artsy-fartsy bullshit animated crap and stock images that only impress a five year old? Do you mean content driven with lots of forms to give users options?

You're being a bit too general.

deathshadow, Apr 7, 2019 IP
  3. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Website design and programming are two different things.
    I guess, you want to learn how to develop websites? Well, start from HTML5.

c4cyber, Apr 7, 2019 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    They are, but a designer's role is becoming increasingly technical.

How old are you?
    Will this be a hobby or a career?
    What design skills do you already have?
    Do you have any goals in mind - create a small game? promote your family business?

sarahk, Apr 7, 2019 IP
  5. Kirk1971

Kirk1971 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Thanks for your replies.
    When i said interactive i mean interactive animation, where if you move your mouse over something it changes and gives you more options. I have no skills really in this area and i'v just started a course in digital media and technologies where we've been encouraged to network and research. I don't know how much the course is really going to help because its very broad. Id like to be able to produce my own digital animation and be able to make my own page to show it. Its just an idea to try something totally new to what I'm used to and would be a hobby.

Kirk1971, Apr 8, 2019 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    that stuff is quite easy. Jquery can do quite a lot - I haven't done it for a while but the libraries do it all if you know how to hang them together.

sarahk, Apr 8, 2019 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ... to screw over the websites of those dumb enough to use it. Everything I've ever seen done with that train wreck laundry list of how NOT to use JavaScript falls into one of three categories:

1) Stuff you'd write a fraction the code if you skipped using jQuery altogether, NOT counting the size of jQuery against that total.

2) Stuff that's HTML or CSS' flipping job with zero blasted scripting needed.

3) Stuff that has zero bloody business on a website in the first place!

It used to be the biggest monument to developer ignorance and incompetence until HTML/CSS frameworks really took off with such halfwitted mental enfeeblement as Bootstrap.

You mean like a flyout / dropdown menu? These days that's the job of HTML and CSS, no JavaScript even needed anymore. It can be handled multiple ways but really you should learn HTML and CSS before even trying to tackle anything of that nature.

... at least if you're going to do it on a website, where content comes FIRST and everything else -- like that silly animated rubbish -- may as well have leprosy.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2019
    deathshadow, Apr 9, 2019 IP