1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

-120 in paypal, need advice

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by BrutalSG, Mar 8, 2019.

Hey, so I'm right now -120 in paypal because someone I sold an account and they chargedback on me through their credit card company and paypal sided with them. I already got a letter from paypal about the negative balance a month later. The only thing they have on me is my Address and my phone number (not my social security number). If I don't pay the 120$ which I don't have money for right now, will paypal take me to court or somehow pursue me to pay it? or will my account just get locked

(I live in the USA)

BrutalSG, Mar 8, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    $120 is nothing - pay it back. We don't know what PayPal WILL do but here's what they can do
    • contact your guarantors (I'm assuming you are a kid trying to hide this from your parents)
    • enforce a payback scheme
    • kill your credit history
    Just imagine being 20 and your mates all have nice cars. You ask your bank for a loan to buy a car and they say No, you defrauded a financial institution.
    So you save and pay for the car with cash but no insurance company will touch you because you defrauded a financial institution - and you live in the US where your car has to be insured.
    The years pass by, you're now 30, you've met the love of your life, you want to buy a house, you bowl on up to a mortgage broker and get told, sorry, your name can't be on any of the documents.

If they have your name and address you can be pretty sure they know all about you.

Getty images have chased me, half a world away, for $25 image royalties. If that's worth the effort you can be sure PayPal will think your $120 is too.

sarahk, Mar 8, 2019 IP
    Mehta and JoeSpirit like this.
  3. tokentikki

tokentikki Peon

Best Answers:
    Just pay it back, that's all you can

tokentikki, Apr 14, 2019 IP
  4. contentkingofkingdom

contentkingofkingdom Banned

Best Answers:
    It is your responsibility to pay your own debt. If their negative balance so you have to pay the amount. Other wise you will never use your paypal account. And there will be chance to get punishment from legal department.

contentkingofkingdom, May 7, 2019 IP
  5. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think they will follow you. There are millions of such cases every month around the world.
    But you are going to need your PayPal account. Don't you?
    So paying $120 and get everything sorted isn't bad.
    You can easily earn this money back. Consider it as an investment in your payment processor.

c4cyber, May 9, 2019 IP