1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PopAds.net Official Publisher Thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by tomksoft, Aug 20, 2010.

1. alexkapor

alexkapor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @tomksoft: please your Publishers face serious problem. we hope u can update us. what happen ?

alexkapor, Feb 21, 2019 IP
  2. NewXclu

NewXclu Active Member

Best Answers:
    That bug mainly effecting my iPhone visitors. Users say they're getting blank pages interrupting the flash player on YouTube videos etc.

NewXclu, Feb 22, 2019 IP
  3. bale

bale Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can confirm they have an issue with the popup limiter. Hope they fix it soon.
    And "You are not allowed to make withdrawals. Please contact support."
    Been a publisher for years . this is not good

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    bale, Feb 22, 2019 IP
  4. ikamona

ikamona Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They must fix that as soon as possible. we are going to loose lot of visitors because of thats. WTF almost +4 days same problem. @tomksoft: what happen!

Others members, try to send them email about this problem. i did that many time and i receive same answer

Yes, our tech is working to fix that

Now its 5 days!

ikamona, Feb 22, 2019 IP
  5. FindMyDIY

FindMyDIY Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The last post in this thread by user @tomksoft was in August of 2018. He probably isn't coming back.

FindMyDIY, Feb 22, 2019 IP
  6. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wrong :) First of all, I am sorry for all the silence, will do my best to be more active here. Last months been extremely busy, with a lot of technical changes and challanges.
    Let me address few recent issues/changes:
    - We have recently migrated to new adcode that resulted in about 10-15% increase in opened ads (due to some new tricks) as well as brought back popunder on chrome.
    Popunder on chrome is done using the mini popup that opens in right-bottom corner. It will load ad when you click anywhere on your website(so the minipop goes to background). This is normal and this is how it works.
    I know it is not the prettiest, but popunders works much better for advertisers (like 30-40% of popups are closed before advertiser landing page loads, so basically is wasted). In long-term, increase of rates is expected due to this change.
    - Due to some bug, about 100 websites got withdrawals blocked incorrectly (anomaly detected). Support staff has been alerted about that and was unblocking accounts. I am really sorry for this.
    - I have received notifications of Delay Between Popunders having issues and that is being investigated. Popunders Per IP works for sure for normal ads, for default advertisement it is being investigated.
    - If you are facing any other problems with the adcode, please PM me details: what URL it happens at, which browser/device/os, with or without adblock. We get some complaints on support, but we rarely get details needed to actually check the problem.
    - A month ago we have implemented Adscore, my side project dedicated to filtering/detecting bot and proxy traffic. I was monitoring very carefully and working with our top publishers to ensure that no real traffic is filtered out. That part went smoothly.
    Also, together with this change, we have allowed our advertisers to buy proxy/VPN traffic, which before was just filtered out. The rates for such traffic are low but some money is better than none.

Finally, yes, I know rates are low. They are 2-3 times lower than what we used to have 2 years ago and I can see that. Unfortunately, that is an industry-wide issue and there's nothing we can do about it. I still have many publishers asking me why did rates drop so much - I honestly have no real idea, there were a lot of factors in this time period.
    Instead, I would advise to just enjoy what we have. A year ago, in fear of incoming google change I cancelled my holidays to be available to take countermeasures to whatever issue we encounter, now I know that at least we are safe from google and can continue operating.

Thank you so much for trusting PopAds despite me not being around on the forum(I will try to be around more often now)!

tomksoft, Feb 22, 2019 IP
  7. ikamona

ikamona Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @tomksoft: Ty for update. can u check PM. many person complain about blank ads (window) for visitors with adsblock ON (chrome/mozilla). u can check that. even the anti-adsblock generated code has same problem.

ikamona, Feb 22, 2019 IP
  8. rexaaa

rexaaa Member

Best Answers:
    @tomksoft the new adcode in ie and mozilla get many blank popup,the traffic is lost ,visitor is lost,
    income is drop

rexaaa, Feb 22, 2019 IP
  9. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Blank popunder is actually more of a feature than a bug. Let me explain.
    In the old code, the adcode would first contact our adserver. If it received an advertisement to display, it would activate itself and would open a popup/popunder next time the visitor clicks anywhere.
    The problem? If the visitor clicked anywhere on your website BEFORE the response from our server came, we would lose the opportunity to open a popup/popunder.

The new adcode has a feature called prepop. This is active only on browsers where a popunder can be opened (so firefox and chrome).
    The feature works this way:
    - The first time user clicks on your website, a blank popunder is open, regardless if we received response from adserver or not.
    - As soon as we receive response from adserver with ad, we redirect that popunder to the ad.
    - If the response from adserver indicates there are no ads available, it will close the blank popunder.

I will look into improving it a bit today, mostly will set up some cache that when last time we got no ad response from adserver, it will stop opening prepops for some time.
    Also, if it's really a huge problem, I might expose this as an option in the adcode so you could disable it.

tomksoft, Feb 23, 2019 IP
  10. charice.preston

charice.preston Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay so Tomas back in the house where Jerry occupying for a long time!

charice.preston, Feb 23, 2019 IP
  11. MadKelevra

MadKelevra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I dont have sure popups per IP works for sure... at least those prepops (blank page) shows on every click... even those blocked popups warning on chrome is also displayed on every click...
    With this new code, my average page time, prod, and bounce rate is worse than before... by a lot.... even with this increase in revenue and I am not that greedy, I prefer the old code with a little less money over this new one.....

Popups are annoying by a hell alone and letting your surfers mad as fuck with an agressive popup is not a good tactic

MadKelevra, Feb 23, 2019 IP
  12. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    I understand the problem, will push an update today/tomorrow that will make prepop less annoying. Also will try to expose it as an option.

13. ikamona

ikamona Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    regarding this upcoming new option, is their any negative effect in the earning (revenue) ?

ikamona, Feb 23, 2019 IP
  14. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Negative. What I will do is I will set a cookie when there are no ads to display and check the cookie before opening prepop. This should improve user experience a lot.
    Then there will be an option to fully disable prepop, but again that will be just an option you can enable.

15. sports16

sports16 Member

Best Answers:
    "You are not allowed to make withdrawals. Please contact support."
    @tomksoft please more solve..

sports16, Feb 24, 2019 IP
  16. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Please contact support or at least PM me your username. Can't do anything otherwise.

tomksoft, Feb 24, 2019 IP
  17. Luisalmeida

Luisalmeida Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I have a problem in my popads account, when I try to make a deposit through Paypal, and I get the following message ( This payment method is currently unavailable for you. Please contact support. ), help me to solve this problem, greetings, I hope they respond.

My data popads are the following:

Username: Luismeida20

Greetings tomksoft, a hug.

Luisalmeida, Feb 25, 2019 IP
  18. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Please make sure you are not:
    - using any kind of VPN, proxy service. Including residential proxy services.
    - using any kind of RDP, virtual machine etc.

If that does not help, please PM me your Skype username.

tomksoft, Feb 25, 2019 IP
  19. Luisalmeida

Luisalmeida Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Tomksoft, I'm not using any of those you mentioned, I'm using my computer and my normal internet at home, so I do not know why I get that error, I'll send you my skype by message, I hope you can help me solve this problem, Greetings, mate.

Luisalmeida, Feb 25, 2019 IP
  20. z2i

z2i Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello @tomksoft
    im your client since few years and now for the first time im get this message on withdraw page:
    You are not allowed to make withdrawals. Please contact support.

My username is: Shortynator

Can you please check this.

Thanks & regards,
    Zlatko

z2i, Feb 25, 2019 IP