1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Armchair Dining on DP

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Mar 13, 2015.

1. ultra_sweet

ultra_sweet Member

Best Answers:
    Why did you sent me to this thread?!?! Why?! I'm so... mneah, there is no proper term to describe what I'm feeling right now...:))
    Still, the milk and coffee syrup combo sounds promising - will surely try it on the fist occasion!

ultra_sweet, Jan 24, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If a milk and coffee syrup combo will put you into a "fist occasion" then for the love of God, stay away from any alcohol combos!:eek:

Spoiltdiva, Jan 24, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You know, a fluffernutter with my daily dose of caffeine sounds good right now. :)

jrbiz, Jan 25, 2019 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    OMG, I just heard about this new Oreo cookie:

moststuff.jpg

Total Disclosure: I have not actually seen this confection in the wild (or anywhere else for that matter) but it is now officially on the radar screen. I have had the Double Stuff, Triple Stuff, and Mega Stuff. This is a lot more. The question that will remain until actual empirical evidence is in hand (in stomach, actually) is whether this cookie can be doubled up as I have done with all of the others. I suppose that what I am really looking for is this:

oreomaximus.jpg

Not really what I am looking for but I got a kick out of the picture and its commentary on those of us who always double up an Oreo. Stay tuned for an update on the Most Stuf Oreo...though I am still on a diet so it won't be for a while. Maybe for the SuperBowl.

jrbiz, Jan 25, 2019 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There's an Italian restaurant in Federal Hill (Italian section of Providence, RI) that offers snail salads and I have not had it in a while. Really good and the snails are a much different texture than either meat or seafood, which makes it interesting:

snailsalad.jpeg

Need to get there soon!

jrbiz, Jan 26, 2019 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You probably know that snails are a potent aphrodisiac. Good for men and women. Take your wife on a hot date there.

qwikad.com, Jan 26, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The only problem is that she gets a little grossed out when I eat a "strange food" (her words.) My wife (and kids for that matter) is a real "meat and potatoes" person. No fish or anything unusual for her (them.) And, if she can smell what I am eating from across the table (when it is an offending dish), it can be a really negative experience for her and, ultimately, me. You should see them when I order liver and onions. :)

In fairness, my wife is extremely allergic to shellfish and will occasionally eat fish and chips because her family had that every Friday when she was a kid, but only the most bland, whitest "non-fishy" fish will do for her. She has threatened me with physical harm were I to order anchovies on half the pizza. She would not want her half to be infused with fumes from the offending anchovies (which, by the way, might be my favorite pizza topping.)

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. You never know, it might work out. :)

jrbiz, Jan 27, 2019 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I must state that I am impressed with the appeal of this thread. I have a thread on another forum (Copywriting) that was started almost 7 years ago. It has 744 comments with 176,000 views on it. Here you are not even 4 years in and already you have 607 comments with 140,000 views. Based on simple math by the time your thread is as old as mine, you will likely have 1,000 comments and 210,000 views on it...not bad!

My conclusion is that the subject of writing does not appeal to all, while food appeals to everyone. Plus you never get cranky with your posters, as I have once or twice.;)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 28, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @Spoiltdiva thanks for your kind words and analysis. I actually started this thread for very selfish reasons: I love food and especially love to hear about foods that I have never eaten before. To me, that is the "spice of life" and my family is only too aware of the fact that if I am at a restaurant or other dining establishment and there is something on the menu that I have never had before, it is going to be my order. So, this thread has been a way for me to learn about foods that I had never even heard of (many are on the bucket list, now) and I hope that it continues and we get more and more varied posts from locales around the world.

And, it has helped to get me through my miserable periods of dieting (e.g., been on a diet since 1/2/19...the holidays were great eating but now the price must be paid.) When I put up a post about something that I would like to be eating but can't due to dieting, it helps a bit. :)

jrbiz, Jan 28, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  10. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Dominos Pizza is best for me. Don't have images for now though.

degreubiwa, Feb 18, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You know, they used to have a thin crust pizza that I really liked. Then we moved to a new town and the Domino's there burnt the thin crust the first couple of times we ordered it, so we switched to another local pizza place. A few years ago, we tried Domino's again (different shop) and I do not believe they had the thin crust pizza any more so we ordered their regular pizza and it was good. They have some pricing deals that are fantastic around here, so we do order from them on occasion along with a few other local places that have specialty pizzas that we really like. What is your favorite topping(s) on a pizza?

My absolute favorite topping is anchovies:

anchovypizza.jpg

jrbiz, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  12. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    I always orders chicken toppings. KFC chicken is also great. Occasionally I buy ready to cook chicken from market and just roasts it which last for 4 times servings and cheaper than KFC Chicken.

degreubiwa, Feb 18, 2019 IP
  13. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Feb 18, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  14. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I love shrimp fajitas. Back in the 1990's we had an El Torito's restaurant which had shrimp fajitas, the likes of which I have not had since. It was a chain that eventually closed all but its original restaurant which is still in Long Beach, CA, as far as I know. My wife and I went there a few years ago and were disappointed. They did not make the fajitas as well as the Massachusetts restaurant did. I have the shrimp fajitas and my wife does the chicken fajitas. I don't much care for beef fajitas...the meat is usually a little too tough.

This is a picture from a closed El Torito's restaurant. The pic is small but it looks like what I used to get:

shrimpfajitas.jpg

They also had a sweet cornbread that they would serve on the side almost like a vegetable. This was a heavenly concoction that you ate with a fork or spoon:

sweetcorncake.jpg

My wife one time tried to make the sweet cornbread and it came out okay. But I sure miss the old restaurant...

jrbiz, Feb 18, 2019 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I make my own fajitas using chicken breast. I pour a bit of chipotle fajita sauce over it, sprinkle a mixture of grain blend, then add from a bag of fire roasted red peppers that I keep handy. My fajitas also come with a BIG glass of water!:rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    Spoiltdiva, Feb 20, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Try it with shrimp sometime. The one's at El Toritos were marinated, but I am not sure what mixture was used. It's all good, of course. BTW, the experts say a big glass of milk will tame the flames better than a glass of water. ;)

jrbiz, Feb 20, 2019 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    As a matter of fact I do keep a quart of 1% milk in the fridge at all times, will give it a shot with my next fajita to "tame the flames".;)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 20, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, I have a 17-year-old son who literally drinks about a gallon of milk each day (some days a little less, some days a little more.) When we go to the grocery store, we typically buy 2 or 3 gallons at a time. Your quart would not last long in our refrigerator. :)

jrbiz, Feb 20, 2019 IP
  19. izlik

izlik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just had to quote this, i like that comment because i have met several friends here from the same country that i did not know used digitalpoint! :)

izlik, Feb 20, 2019 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  20. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, go ahead and post a picture of one of your favorite foods! ;)

jrbiz, Feb 23, 2019 IP