1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find high-quality articles to write/ rewrite to improve site rankings

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MichaelAaronTaylor, Feb 13, 2019.

How to find high-quality articles to write/ rewrite to improve site rankings.

I know of some options but what is the best? :)

MichaelAaronTaylor, Feb 13, 2019 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Seems like today it's all about: relevancy, mobile optimization, speed, long-tail keywords (since more and more people use search mics). Not sure how improving or re-writing articles can significantly improve the site rankings.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    qwikad.com, Feb 13, 2019 IP
  3. MichaelAaronTaylor

MichaelAaronTaylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    More looking for how to find articles to rewrite based on keywords we want. I know of some tools for this but wanted to get some other feedback on this. :)

4. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I get it. I am just saying that maybe you're chasing the wrong rabbit. Don't waste time on something that is not working (or hardly working) to improve site rankings.

5. MichaelAaronTaylor

Best Answers:
    Content is king though. User want new content and so does Google. What do you think is better than that?

6. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    When I read the articles from the people, who I assume know what they are talking about, I see a different way of thinking. As an example:

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/improve-google-rankings/246483/

As a user I agree with you: content is (should be) king, but when I do searches I begin to quickly realize that it's not always the case, since the sites I find are ranked very high, but probably shouldn't be there in the first place.

All I am trying to say is don't kid yourself thinking that high quality articles will improve your site rankings. Chances are they won't. It takes other things to rank high(er) in searches: relevancy, mobile optimization, speed, long-tail keywords (since more and more people use search mics) and a few more.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  7. MichaelAaronTaylor

Best Answers:
    I agree with these other things as well but as you said, relevancy .. this is very important in my option as well and this is all about content haha.

I am not new with SEO. As a marketing company owner for 10+ years now I know a lot about SEO, not going to say I am an expert but I know enough.

I understand you may not agree with some of my options but how do you find and select your relevant content article subjects? :)

8. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You emphasize finding "articles to REwrite." How about writing some original articles, so that the internet is not just more filled with scraped/rewritten content? I have about 440 original articles on my website, written by me. Why in the world would I (or anyone) just want to change the wording of someone else's content and publish it as your own? Am I missing something here?

Jim4767, Feb 13, 2019 IP
    Shivani Shrivastav likes this.
  9. Shivani Shrivastav

Shivani Shrivastav Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes agreed! Rather than rewriting the old article, why not write a new one and publish it either your own blog or other high-quality sites. New content always give your website more weightage than old one

Shivani Shrivastav, Feb 13, 2019 IP
  10. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The words "new content" jump right out at me here. Especially since you keep bringing up the intent to "REwrite" as mentioned above. In my mind if you're rewriting you don't actually have new content - just rehashed stuff.

As I'm involved in a variety of niches my mind constantly churns around the subjects of those niches. As a result ideas for content pop into my thoughts all day long. I've developed the habit of making note of the ideas on my phone, a pocket recorder, and pieces of paper. Later I add them to a text file and when I'm ready to write I choose one of those ideas and flesh it out.

If you're an experienced marketing company owner as you say I think you'd have no difficulty coming up with material to turn into articles.

When knowledge and experience combine I can't keep the ideas from crowding my head.

JoeSpirit, Feb 14, 2019 IP
  11. joseph350

joseph350 Active Member

Best Answers:
    To follow the writing style of high-quality articles, you can study them but you can't rewrite them to improve site ranking. To boost site ranking, your site must have quality articles that are written uniquely, not rewritten. You can't steal idea from quality articles for site ranking.

If you rewrite articles, they are similar to stealing idea as when you rewrite, you can't change the idea. You can change only sentence patters and word or phrase. Therefore, it's not good plan to rewrite articles for site ranking.

joseph350, Feb 14, 2019 IP
  12. MichaelAaronTaylor

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your feedback. :) When I say rewrite, it would be at least 96% unique so this has value for SEO to us, our users, Google, etc. I agree 100% unique is even better and we do this as well.

Thanks for your feedback. :) When I say rewrite, it would be at least 96% unique so this has value for SEO to us, our users, Google, etc. I agree 100% unique is even better and we do this as well on our blogs and others of high domain value too.

Thanks for your feedback. :) When I say rewrite, it would be at least 96% unique so this has value for SEO to us, our users, Google, etc. I agree 100% unique is even better and we do this as well pretty often.

Thanks for your feedback. :) When I say rewrite, it would be at least 96% unique so this has value for SEO to us, our users, Google, etc. I agree 100% unique is even better and we do this as well.

Everyone thanks again for the feedback, I am looking for some kind of software / service that helps find articles of value based on keywords outside of just doing a google search to fast track our time with some of our content marketing. Thanks again. :)

MichaelAaronTaylor, Feb 14, 2019 IP
  13. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can check for your competitors' articles and check what type of content they are writing to improve their site rankings. You can refer their article to write content for your brand.

MilesWeb, Feb 19, 2019 IP
  14. MichaelAaronTaylor

Best Answers:
    Yes that is what I am saying, do you know of any software for scraping/ finding these or some sort of automation with this task? :)

MichaelAaronTaylor, Feb 19, 2019 IP
  15. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use the free tool - SEO Review Tool or you can also use paid tools such as Majestic SEO, SpyFu, etc.

MilesWeb, Feb 20, 2019 IP
    MichaelAaronTaylor likes this.
  16. MichaelAaronTaylor

Best Answers:
    Yes , I think it was Skyfu I was thinking of. Thanks! :)

What is your favorite tool for this?

MichaelAaronTaylor, Feb 21, 2019 IP